FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Turning Signal In Headlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just installed the 02 + chrome headlights on my car and i have a question about the turning signals that are inside the headlights. when you turn your headlights on at night should the turn signals light up also? my turning signals only go on when i signal, otherwise they remain off. is this wrong or is that just the way they are set up to work?
On my Mach HID lights and on my cousins Euro spec Ford Focus from Italy, the Turn signal lights only come on when the signal or hazards on. They dont come on when your car or headlights are on, I have a feeling if it did, that would confuse drivers cus how do indicate your signaling when your signal lights are already on?
You have them wired up properly, the signal lights are only supposed to light up when you signal. The little "city light" is your running light or parking light or whatever it's called now, rather than the stock grill lights functioning as both.
Stock Foci (00 - 04) have the indicators on whenever the headlights are turned on...
I wired mine up like al said.
I have the ST170 headlights which are just the black/charcoal version of your lights...they are wired up correctly...I had the same scenario/questions as you did about the signal lamps only lighting when indicating...I haven't had any baccon pull me over for no park lamps in front, and now I've grown used to them not being there anymore...I kinda like it, because it doesn't look like a Foci in the dark anymore with the fogs turned off...
More or less what everyone is saying hyprlte, is that on the European Model of focus, the signals only come on if you are signaling, or have your 4 ways on. Otherwise all the signals stay off.

But On American made focus, they light up when the lights come on, in either the parking, or full lights being on only, they flash brighter when your lights are on, it's more then likely why we have the indicators in the upper grilles and not in the headlights in the 2000 - 2004 models. But 2005 they are are in the lights, and it's the same as the 2000 - 2004 models, only the signal lights are in the headlights.

You can do the wiring mod to change the lights so they only light up when flashing, and not light up when the lights come on.