FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Cobalt Ss & Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope this works. I love this car. Modern Performance dynoed theirs at 217 WHP. Check out their site for the dyno. I can't wait for the pulley kit. 245WHP for 600 bucks. :D

Hope you like it.

Imagestation album (cobalt SS & ZX3)
I forgot to mention.

18" rims, 2.0 litre Supercharged @ 12.5 PSI, red leather, 10" subwoofer, 7 speaker MP3 system, 0-60 in 5.9 - 6.1 (depending on the magazine), Qtr in 14.4 and 24 grand CDN. Can't beat that.
Sangria,Aug 22 2005, 05:21 PM Wrote:I forgot to mention.

18" rims, 2.0 litre Supercharged @ 12.5 PSI, red leather, 10" subwoofer, 7 speaker MP3 system, 0-60 in 5.9 - 6.1 (depending on the magazine), Qtr in 14.4 and 24 grand CDN.  Can't beat that.
[right][snapback]134773[/snapback][/right]

24000$ ? Not bad, I was sure they were selling around 28000$ ? Very nice car, how does it handle compared to your Focus?
It's heavier but handles good. It needs to accelerate through corners. 24 g's is cause i work for GM. Emplyee discount for everyone is on now though. Thats the price with 1.9% finance.

I love the focus though. I will never sell it. My wife drives it and loves it.
I like those Colbalt SS.
Nice to see that you work for GM and also own a Ford! I thought most GM fanatics were Ford haters :P
:rolleyes:
Sangria,Aug 22 2005, 06:21 PM Wrote:I forgot to mention.

18" rims, 2.0 litre Supercharged @ 12.5 PSI, red leather, 10" subwoofer, 7 speaker MP3 system, 0-60 in 5.9 - 6.1 (depending on the magazine), Qtr in 14.4 and 24 grand CDN.  Can't beat that.

I can hahahahaha
Riiiiight :blink: I was talking about the 24 grand. Anyway, i'm not a fanboi and i don't think my car is the fastest thing known to man. It is quick though and will beat quite abit of the imports which i think is most important. I like domestics. B)
I was jsut joking man but I have gone a 14.0@103.7 on streets
Sangria,Aug 22 2005, 06:21 PM Wrote:I forgot to mention.

Sounds impressive. Is this Chev smaller or bigger than the old Acura RSX?
14 @ 103 ??? Thats awesome. I can't get into the low 14's yet. This thing is hard to launch. currently getting hight 14's with traps at 98 MPH. I'm trying to get the RT down to get better numbers. THe trap is a good thing though. I like to think.

What do you have for those numbers?
The cobalt is a bit bigger than the RSX. Taller, longer and wider. It's nice though.
nice looking.. i love those new SS .. that as to be the nicest cavalier gm ever made.. the rims look great.. design is good.. the little supercharged badge in the rear ;) i would not buy one myself but i do like them alot..

yet no one wants to try it out against my ZXT ;) yesterday a guy in an Ion redline was getting excited besides me and kept making his car whine, with a bunch of cars around..

we eventually get in the clear and then he stops rolling almost completely, like 20km/h hour so i slow down but he keeps slowing down more and more.. anyway, i just left, such a tease..
BerinG,Aug 23 2005, 02:57 PM Wrote:nice looking.. i love those new SS .. that as to be the nicest cavalier gm ever made.. the rims look great.. design is good..  the little supercharged badge in the rear ;) i would not buy one myself but i do like them alot..

yet no one wants to try it out against my ZXT ;) yesterday a guy in an Ion redline was getting excited besides me and kept making his car whine, with a bunch of cars around..

we eventually get in the clear and then he stops rolling almost completely, like 20km/h hour so i slow down but he keeps slowing down more and more.. anyway, i just left, such a tease..
[right][snapback]134950[/snapback][/right]

He knew the Focus T would own him :D
Very nice. Like em both!
Sangria,Aug 23 2005, 02:06 PM Wrote:14 @ 103 ??? Thats awesome.  I can't get into the low 14's yet.  This thing is hard to launch.  currently getting hight 14's with traps at 98 MPH.  I'm trying to get the RT down to get better numbers.  THe trap is a good thing though.  I like to think.

[right][snapback]134942[/snapback][/right]

srt4 your RT has nothing to do with your ET its all in your 60' jsut ask FLO :lol:
DD1,Aug 23 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:
Sangria,Aug 23 2005, 02:06 PM Wrote:14 @ 103 ??? Thats awesome.  I can't get into the low 14's yet.  This thing is hard to launch.  currently getting hight 14's with traps at 98 MPH.  I'm trying to get the RT down to get better numbers.  THe trap is a good thing though.  I like to think.

[right][snapback]134942[/snapback][/right]

srt4 your RT has nothing to do with your ET its all in your 60' jsut ask FLO :lol:
[right][snapback]134995[/snapback][/right]

Youre right i keep mixing that up. my 60' is a 2.5. I'm hoping for a 2.3 to get lower 14's.

Thanks for all the complimnets. I had a feeling someone would say cavalier. It's actually a whole new platform and car for that matter. Oh well, it'll be the joke. I'm excited to see some mods on this thing. Modern Perofrmance tested a K&N typhoon CAI and got 224 WHP. GM totally underrated the numbers on this car. Anyway, pulley kits, exhausts and intake should get me into 13's with a 105-110 trap (I hope)
well yeah the last cavaliers were a whole new platform too i think.. its still in essence a cavalier.. just like an srt4 is a neon ;)

doesn't matter.. i did say i liked it B)

ok cobalt