FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Miss My Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My car has been in the body shop now for over a week, and will prolly be longer, due to the insurance underestimating the dmg, they thought the rear fender could be hammered back. Nope. New panel so ford had to order me one in which they said would be a week(that was last week) so they should have the panel this week, then welding, filling, smoothing, painting, ahhhh I want my car now.

That damn 4door taurus sucks ass. it's an 04, it's stereo sucks ass, crappy 3l v6 my focus has better accel.

/ END RANT
you shoulda got them to install the focus RS rear quarters instead of the stock ones
quarter panels need a lot more work to install than a fender... theyre part of the structure of the car, hense why it will take longer to repair.
still pisses me off nonetheless. I want my damn car back. I miss it
you could have done what I did a few times while my car was in the shop with ford, I'd head back into the rental place and say I want something a bit better........... on what ever I needed and they had to comply because ford was paying for the rentals..........

when the focus was in for 2 weeks last year for the problems related to the hellas, I had used 2 freestars, a tauras, a F150, and focus sedan, and a toyota corolla, by the time I got my Foci back.....lol
I haven't seen my car since darknights man.

over 4 weeks.
when i wrecked my car it was 7 weeks till I got it back...and I never got a rental..

:angry:

Last summer was shitty....actually so is this summer....

man, I'm angry :lol:
well this rental is from the body shop itself which is bennet fords bodyshop, they told me the only car they had was this taurus, maybe I'll go harass them tommorow :D
My mom had an 02 taurus SEL rental when my svt broke.
Whatta POS!
Frost__2001,Aug 24 2005, 01:01 AM Wrote:you could have done what I did a few times while my car was in the shop with ford, I'd head back into the rental place and say I want something a bit better........... on what ever I needed and they had to comply because ford was paying for the rentals..........

when the focus was in for 2 weeks last year for the problems related to the hellas, I had used 2 freestars, a tauras, a F150, and focus sedan, and a toyota corolla, by the time I got my Foci back.....lol
[right][snapback]135062[/snapback][/right]

yup I always do that... why not? the customer is always right. did you do the ol rental airbox removal mod for each car?

:)
What is it lately with all the delays at bodyshops? :blink:

I could see the problem if it was wintertime and we were having storm after storm but man aside from painting I would have thought this time of year would have been a slow time for the bodyshops.

Just seems odd to me

NefCanuck
What is the delay with EVERYTHING. When the focus died sunday in brampton i had to wait 2 hours for a Goddamn TOW! yarrr!
scoobasteve,Aug 24 2005, 11:34 AM Wrote:What is the delay with EVERYTHING. When the focus died sunday in brampton i had to wait 2 hours for a Goddamn TOW! yarrr!
[right][snapback]135221[/snapback][/right]

The SVT died again? WTF? Are you beating the engine with a stick constantly or what? :blink:

Yeah two hours for a tow would be "teh suck" what time of day on Sunday was it?

NefCanuck
My high output alternator had some issues from when i bought it. but i just didnt have the time to take it out and send it back. I paid dearly on the way back from wasaga on sunday when the alternator decided to grenade itself... Metal shards everywhere. I never knew the focus could run for so long on 0 power. the battery and alternator died in caledon. good thing i was getting the lights because i ended up coasting into the outskirts of brampton on 0 power. lol
scoobasteve,Aug 24 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:My high output alternator had some issues from when i bought it. but i just didnt have the time to take it out and send it back. I paid dearly on the way back from wasaga on sunday when the alternator decided to grenade itself... Metal shards everywhere.  I never knew the focus could run for so long on 0 power. the battery and alternator died in caledon. good thing i was getting the lights because i ended up coasting into the outskirts of brampton on 0 power. lol
[right][snapback]135227[/snapback][/right]

Damn, if the thing "grenaded" good job it didn't send shrapnel into anything vital (I'm thinking any nearby electrical wiring etc.)

Heh, you must not have been putting the system under much of a strain then (No tunes, no A/C or fan and just DRL's) did you hear the thing go blooie or was it just "WTF is the battery light on for?" type of deal?

NefCanuck
just put it this way... the alternator was louder than Puppets vortech in the dead of winter.

All the civics were giving me dirty looks as i passed them.

Battery light came on as soon as i turned on airport road. from Mosley st. got a good 100km off of battery power and a bit of alternator juice. it was working halfassed while it was burning up. It smelled like campfires!
LMAO oh Steve, that poor car of yours...
Phantom,Aug 22 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote:My car has been in the body shop now for over a week, and will prolly be longer, due to the insurance underestimating the dmg, they thought the rear fender could be hammered back. Nope. New panel so ford had to order me one in which they said would be a week(that was last week) so they should have the panel this week, then welding, filling, smoothing, painting, ahhhh I want my car now.

That damn 4door taurus sucks ass. it's an 04, it's stereo sucks ass, crappy 3l v6 my focus has better accel.

/ END RANT
[right][snapback]134750[/snapback][/right]

I feel your pain, ever since i got my car home i had to take it 2 like 3 different body shops... But at this time mine is at a "real" body shop getting my back quarter fixed, and i have no clue when i get it back,, oh and the running bord needs to be fixed alittle to. ,. but i never got a rental car.. i think your car has to be legal"drive able" before they will lend u their courtesy car.

but what ever. if it comes down to having to have a car, i'll go to hurtz and rent a new 05 mustang and rip around for awhile. :P
Raine,Aug 24 2005, 11:56 AM Wrote:LMAO oh Steve, that poor car of yours...
[right][snapback]135233[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, my next vehicle will be a segway or something. Less parts = less problems!
Yeah but those gyroscopes keeping the thing stable will have a hard time keeping up with the shifitng weight mass on top of them :P
Pages: 1 2