FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need A Header Gasket!? But Where Can I Get One?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Like it says i think i need a header gasket!

Anyone know where i can get one quick? i have to leave for Nova Scotia on thursday and want to get this done fast!

Tried Crappy tire, but no dice! Gonna try Ford but :lol: :lol: they probably won't have the right part just like the lower gasket between the header and cat :blink: :huh:

thanx
I picked up a new gasket at the dealership when we installed the turbo....
SL8RZZX3,Aug 22 2005, 10:29 AM Wrote:Like it says i think i need a header gasket, that goes between the block and header!
[right][snapback]134681[/snapback][/right]

:huh: Okay uhhhh I've never heard of a gasket between the block and the header.

Do you mean an exhaust manifold gasket (goes between the header/manifold and the cylinder head) or a head gasket (goes between the cylinder head and the engine block?
ya im confused to?

Cylinder head or exhaust manifold aka "header". If its your cylinder head you will see s**t leaking out of your engine and you be smoking like a mofo.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 22 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:ya im confused to?

Cylinder head or exhaust manifold aka "header". If its your cylinder head you will see s**t leaking out of your engine and you be smoking like a mofo.
[right][snapback]134685[/snapback][/right]

Yeah. You'd be burning, or smell burning, coolant and oil. Oh yeah blue smoke baby... :lol:
get one from ford, its under $15
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 22 2005, 10:21 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Aug 22 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:ya im confused to?

[right][snapback]134685[/snapback][/right]

Yeah. You'd be burning, or smell burning, coolant and oil. Oh yeah blue smoke baby... :lol:
[right][snapback]134689[/snapback][/right]

Yeah sorry, i was real tired when i posted this :lol:

So.... yeah exhaust manifold gasket is what i need! the stupid paper(or what ever it is) one that came with my Hedman header is toast and i can hear it as soon as i start up :angry:

I was hoping there was an aftermarket one like i bought for my 91' accord, it was really good quality, but crappy tire still doesn't have a listing for stuff like that.

so i guess it'll be to the dealer i go!

would it hurt angthing if i put that orange copper gasket maker stuff on too? Besides my eyes when i look in the engine bay? :lol:
Fel-Pro makes one for the Zetec.

Thats what i am using.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 22 2005, 12:09 PM Wrote:Fel-Pro makes one for the Zetec.

Thats what i am using.
[right][snapback]134698[/snapback][/right]

Thanx Jay

But i'm not looking for a head gasket, but good to know if i ever do!
SL8RZZX3,Aug 22 2005, 01:11 PM Wrote:

Thats what i am using.

Thanx Jay

[right][snapback]134699[/snapback][/right]

Lemme check with my pa after work. He's an engine rebuilder and deals with Fel-Pro and Victor.
Where abouts in Nova Scotia are you visting
BradfordZX3,Aug 22 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:Where abouts in Nova Scotia are you visting
[right][snapback]134721[/snapback][/right]

Uhhhh, me? Not going to Nova Scotia. Going to New Brunswick. Closest I'll be getting to Nova Scotia is Moncton. Why?
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 22 2005, 03:09 PM Wrote:
BradfordZX3,Aug 22 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:Where abouts in Nova Scotia are you visting

Uhhhh, me? Not going to Nova Scotia. Going to New Brunswick. Closest I'll be getting to Nova Scotia is Moncton. Why?
[right][snapback]134723[/snapback][/right]

I know you are not coming to Nova Scotia I was asking the guy that started this message that said he was going to Nova Scotia
BradfordZX3,Aug 22 2005, 07:48 PM Wrote:I know you are not coming to Nova Scotia I was asking the guy that started this message that said he was going to Nova Scotia
[right][snapback]134790[/snapback][/right]

Its monday... give a guy a break :P
BradfordZX3,Aug 22 2005, 01:05 PM Wrote:Where abouts in Nova Scotia are you visting

Heading to Sydney for a buddies wedding.....

Might stop in Halifax on the way back and check out the Kieth's Brewery ;)
Did you get the gasket?
scoobasteve,Aug 23 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:Did you get the gasket?
[right][snapback]134881[/snapback][/right]

no not yet :unsure:
SL8RZZX3,Aug 22 2005, 10:11 AM Wrote:

Thats what i am using.

Thanx Jay

[right][snapback]134699[/snapback][/right]

They also make one for the exhaust manifold. Thats also what Im using.
Call Cubed @ 1-306-352-8233. Tell them you need a Gasket for exhaust manifold gasket and make sure you tell them Zetec DOHC.

They will ship you one out. Tell them I sent you. They go for about $15 CDN
Go to Partsman in Oshawa, they are at the corner of Gibb and Park. They should have it.

I'm also surprised crap tire doesn't have it because they carry felpro.

Pages: 1 2