FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Warranty Over = Problems Starting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<_<

Yesterday....

Driving to a freinds house for a baby shower, get on the highway....all fine and dandy....10psi, no problems. Car is driving nice.

Stop at a red light, give some gas, car seems to be a bit sluggish and its sounding 'farty' Cant really explain the sound, but its almost like its miss firing or something....not sure.

Shift, see that the RPM's shoot up more than normal (I have a leaky BOV and it does cause the RPMS to shoot up a little but not this much), so I'm thinking "Ok, I gotta leak somewhere, no biggie, I'll check after the shower"

Well, I took out the battery, took off all the plumbing going from the TB to the IC. Noticed that one of my couplers were cut, it was rubbing aginst the Rad support brace, so I change it, and actually reinforce the new one with 2 sheets of aluminum around it. Put everything back together, checked the vaccum lines going to the wastegate & BOV, and went for a rip.

Same problem happpened.

Any help appreciated guys

Another thing was the car wasnt buidling boost as quickly when I was driving, but it did eventually reach 10psi.....

**This morning

Car seemed to be driving fine at first but after it warmed up a little, enuff for the guauge to move less than a 1/4 up the scale, the car started to do the same hesitation, farting stuff.

Jay (ZX3TUNR) is thinking my O2 sensor.
Flo. My o2 sensor went and I didnt even throw a cell till like 4 months later. Remember when I posted thinking it was the MAF (even the dealor thought it was).

It came down to being the o2. I ended up driving the car like it was and the car was running in a safe mode using much more fuel and the car ran like absolute s**t.

Stupid Ford charges so dam much $$$ for those sensors to :(

P.S. When I had my probs car would run ok in the cold mornings no prob but as soon as the engine warmed up....oh boy
i got my bosch o2(2nd sensor) at crappy tire for $68 and change opposed to my motorcraft o2(1st sensor) from Ford for $130

hope this helps :D
ZX3TUNR,Aug 22 2005, 10:16 AM Wrote:Flo. My o2 sensor went and I didnt even throw a cell till like 4 months later. Remember when I posted thinking it was the MAF (even the dealor thought it was).

It came down to being the o2. I ended up driving the car like it was and the car was running in a safe mode using much more fuel and the car ran like absolute s**t.

Stupid Ford charges so dam much $$$ for those sensors to :(

P.S. When I had my probs car would run ok in the cold mornings no prob but as soon as the engine warmed up....oh boy
[right][snapback]134678[/snapback][/right]

Since I still have the second O2 sensor from when we ripped apart everything, wondering if I could just re-use that one for the time being and seeing if thats the culprite...Or are they different ?? I dont think so....

*runs downstairs to big boxes of stock parts*
SL8RZZX3,Aug 22 2005, 07:23 AM Wrote:i got my bosch o2(2nd sensor) at crappy tire for $68 and change opposed to my motorcraft o2(1st sensor) from Ford for $130

hope this helps  :D
[right][snapback]134679[/snapback][/right]

hey do you have the part # for the bosh o2 sensor?
This has everything to do with KARMA

Remember when you said all three of those cars were slow?

HMMMMMMMMMM??????

I put the hex on you and your car.

First the tumbler. Now this. Oh, and it aint you O2 sensor.

BUHAHAHAHA.

Fuktard
meford4u,Aug 22 2005, 07:46 PM Wrote:This has everything to do with KARMA

Remember when you said all three of those cars were slow?

HMMMMMMMMMM??????

I put the hex on you and your car.

First the tumbler.  Now this.  Oh, and it aint you O2 sensor.

BUHAHAHAHA.

Fuktard
[right][snapback]134789[/snapback][/right]

still doesnt change my original comment.

Anyways, all fixed. Opened up the spark plugs to find a pool of water sitting there. Did a search for Daniel_b Zx3 post and sure enuff, he had the same problem.

took the shop vac to it, got the water out, cleaned off the plugs and Im ready to go. Its still misfiring a little, so I'm off to find a dealership that carries the plugs I need and buy some new wires....again.