FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: You Know It's Been A Dry Summer In Toronto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when at the first sight of rain, people drive like it's the 1st snowfall...

so we finally get a bit of rain (during rush hour) and all hell breaks loose...half the major highways (401, gardiner, etc) and streets are closed because of major accidents, and it's only 7:20am.

hope you GTA boys enjoy your commute!.. I'm walking.
I heard about the accidents in and around Toronto this morning while watching the weather network!
darkpuppet,Aug 19 2005, 07:20 AM Wrote:when at the first sight of rain, people drive like it's the 1st snowfall...

so we finally get a bit of rain (during rush hour) and all hell breaks loose...half the major highways (401, gardiner, etc) and streets are closed because of major accidents, and it's only 7:20am.

hope you GTA boys enjoy your commute!.. I'm walking.
[right][snapback]134034[/snapback][/right]

Absolutely insane on the Q.E.W.
Tailgating, near misses, speeding....

Toronto drivers MUST be the worst drivers in N.A...... The MUST!
I absolutely HATE driving in Toronto... and its not even jsut the drivers, its the people walking to places... they will NOT stop for ANYONE. Its insane down there.
Brakes brakes and more brakes thats all people frikin do, trying to get to work and it was a nightmare. Busiest road in North America equates to the worst drivers in the world!!!

David
LMAO.............. come to brampton then....... if you think Toronto is bad try Brampton, we have some of the worst drivers in Ontario living here.
Frost__2001,Aug 19 2005, 10:00 AM Wrote:LMAO.............. come to brampton then....... if you think Toronto is bad try Brampton, we have some of the worst drivers in Ontario living here.
[right][snapback]134086[/snapback][/right]

Brampton is bad, Scarborough is worse, Oakville is hell..

You know if everyone just drove normally and didn't hit their brakes every 5 seconds traffic would never be stopped. It's just stupid s**t drivers. In Toronto, people take that 60 km/h Maximum sign seriously, and don't wanna do the maximum... so it's more like 40 km/h...

Oakville is just stupid tho... there's no reason why EVERY TIME I've driven thru it on the highway, it's at a crawl... doesn't matter if it's in the middle of the day or the middle of the night, I've never passed thru oakville at more than 60 km/h
lol

Everytime Im in Toronto I try to comprehend why any of you would live there.

Just boggles the mind. :P :lol:
I agree, Toronto is the Worst for drivers. The 401, QEW, 427, 400, you name it. Every day, I face such stupid drivers on my commute to work. Im slowing down because there is bumper to bumper ahead, but this jackass in a Chrysler pacifica or whatever that 2-door thingy is called, thinks im slowing down to let him infront of me, and bam, he almost rear ends the traffic ahead of him thats sitting at a stand-still. I see atleast 5 jerkoffs like this a day driving like this, and thats just my morning commute, wait till you hear about the drive home :( | :( |
tissue anyone?
All I can say is that the drive into work this morning in Mississauga was hellacious not because of the traffic (No worse than usual) but rather the puddles of water <_<

It's like when they designed the roads they set them up so that over time they cave in on themselves leaving these big @$$ed puddles when it rains that you have no idea how deep they are or if they have any nasty surprises in em :blink: so you end up taking them at 40km/h or less just because you're not sure...

'course this was the first real storm we've had all summer so :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
Flofocus,Aug 19 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:lol

Everytime Im in Toronto I try to comprehend why any of you would live there.

Just boggles the mind.  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]134097[/snapback][/right]

I'm so with you on that one!
Driving in Toronto proper is fine may commute through Leaside is positively pleasant. Anything outside of the old city of Toronto/East York borders AND EVERY SINGLE PART OF THE 905 BLOWS BIG DONKEY DICKS.
2001 ZTS,Aug 19 2005, 10:12 PM Wrote:Driving in Toronto proper is fine may commute through Leaside is positively pleasant. Anything outside of the old city of Toronto/East York borders AND EVERY SINGLE PART OF THE 905 BLOWS BIG DONKEY DICKS.
[right][snapback]134150[/snapback][/right]

I'm cancelling your invite to Anthony's wedding.
2001 ZTS,Aug 19 2005, 06:12 PM Wrote:Driving in Toronto proper is fine may commute through Leaside is positively pleasant. Anything outside of the old city of Toronto/East York borders AND EVERY SINGLE PART OF THE 905 BLOWS BIG DONKEY DICKS.
[right][snapback]134150[/snapback][/right]

Right back at you, you 416/647 snob :lol: ;)

NefCanuck
I came into TO from ottawa tonight and there wasnt a single accident inbound. However I counted at least 10 major accidents outbounf (from cobourg on in)... And Darkpuppet you are soooo right, the minute we'd drive into the slightest bit of rain, people would just jam on the brakes, as though they had suddently lost ALL CONTROL.... Luckily I was listening to some classic David Cross so I just giggled the whole way through.
i'm so happy i didnt go out to work yesterday, i work right in the middle of storm central. finch/404. haha, my car would have been washed away.

not to mention the insanity that was going on during the morning commute.
scoobasteve,Aug 20 2005, 11:05 AM Wrote:i'm so happy i didnt go out to work yesterday,  i work right in the middle of storm central. finch/404. haha, my car would have been washed away.

not to mention the insanity that was going on during the morning commute.
[right][snapback]134314[/snapback][/right]

But wouldn't that have solved all your problems with your car? :blink: :lol:

Yeah, t'was not a fun day yesterday to be driving that's for sure and the severe weather didn't help my right knee/leg either <_<

NefCanuck