FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rpmlabs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
not sure where to post this so i thought off topic would be appropriate.

whats with rpmlabs.com, i wanna buy a grill for my car but site has been down forever... anybody know why?
im in the same boat as you, I dunno man. try sending them a PM instead, his usernam is zx3driver i think...
Um... maybe because RPM labs went out of business over a year ago???
Raine,Aug 18 2005, 09:47 PM Wrote:Um... maybe because RPM labs went out of business over a year ago???
[right][snapback]133934[/snapback][/right]
that sucks :ph34r:
but I just went to thier web page now... and I want the spoiler that they have on the ford page... lol... especially for 199us
ADVICE: don't buy things from a company that can't even keep up a website, chances are they are out of business or will take your cash and fly!
I'm actually looking to order it from the Euro people...
microbunny,Aug 18 2005, 10:22 PM Wrote:ADVICE: don't buy things from a company that can't even keep up a website, chances are they are out of business or will take your cash and fly!
[right][snapback]133960[/snapback][/right]
bad experience??
crazikev,Aug 18 2005, 11:30 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Aug 18 2005, 10:22 PM Wrote:ADVICE: don't buy things from a company that can't even keep up a website, chances are they are out of business or will take your cash and fly!
bad experience??
[right][snapback]133962[/snapback][/right]

Huh? No...not me..

I'm just saying that if you keep going to the website and dont get anywhere...should be a clue to not spend your money there in the first place!
I believe that was the place I had a horrible experience dealing with a few years ago. After I paid for an item, they never delivered or responded to emails. Their response was extremely rude when they finally did. It took some negative comments on Focaljet before they replied. They accused me of bad communications at which point I fowarded to them no less than six emails sent over a period of three weeks which they never replied to.
I believe there was a whole thread on Focaljet about their lack of customer service.
They have no address, no phone number. Is this what you want to deal with?
Tom's a good guy, I met him and should picked up the euro bumper that he had for sale, but there was a copyrighting issue with a grille they had produced and marketed... and the resulting backwash put them under. Shame really, they had some good stuff.
sucks when small companies like that go under becuse of other larger corporations out there (eg. Microsoft)
When you produce a product that is identical or almost identical to another companies, who spent money on designing that product, it has nothing to do with them being a large corporation putting down the little guy.

Same idea would be to open up an ipod, make a copy of the circuit board, and start your own production using their software and selling it as your own. With some minor differences.
funny you bring up 'smaller companies' 'microsoft' 'screwing people' and 'ipod' in the same discussion. because you do know microsoft beat apple to the copyright of the wheel on the ipods right? so apple has to pay royalties on each ipod sold? now i know apple isn't a small company... but ... c'mon
microbunny,Aug 18 2005, 11:22 PM Wrote:ADVICE: don't buy things from a company that can't even keep up a website, chances are they are out of business or will take your cash and fly!

I bought a couple stuff from them, No bad experiences here, They DO have an Address and Phone number. Raine knows, he was with me
I tried to buy something off of them years ago... they ignored me so I moved on.

Apparently it's a guy in Etobicoke or Brampton or something with a garage full of focus parts. :rolleyes:
ANTHONYD,Aug 19 2005, 08:32 AM Wrote:Apparently it's a guy in Etobicoke or Brampton or something with a garage full of focus parts. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]134048[/snapback][/right]

Mississauga
Toms a good guy in person.
yup good guys alright, met them a couple times with paolo.... focus business is ended though as far as I know
Yeah, i'd imagine the money just wasnt in it.