FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Plans For The 2006 - 2009 Model Line Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well Ford has sorta spilled the beans so to speak on their plans for the next few years as to what the bone heads in charge of the american branch of the company are finally doing with it.

Autoweek article about ford.
Some of things in there seem to be a little off, like the f150 and mark lt are suppose to get a slight work over in 2007-2008 b/c the new chevy pickups are slated for launch.

The freestyle is not going anywhere also from what i hear.

Most is pretty dead on to all the rumours going by out there.

I think there is a few things left that are off but it's pretty close B)
"Ford executives say the well-regarded European Focus' C1 platform is too expensive to adapt for North America. Instead, the automaker will re-engineer and restyle the North American Focus for the 2008 model year.
BULLSHIT!!!! the platform is already in NA with 2 of its other divisions!!(Mazda and Volvo)....even though i dont plan on ownig another focus.
"Ford executives say the well-regarded European Focus' C1 platform is too expensive to adapt for North America. Instead, the automaker will re-engineer and restyle the North American Focus for the 2008 model year.

:lol:

Ford Focus, this century's Chevy Cavalier.

[Image: future_milan.jpg]

^^^VW^^^

[Image: future_fusion.jpg]

^^^CADILLAC^^^

NICE WORK. :rolleyes:

***CHECK THE PLACEMENT OF THE SUBARU AD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ARTICLE**** :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2001 ZTS,Aug 18 2005, 01:19 PM Wrote:"Ford executives say the well-regarded European Focus' C1 platform is too expensive to adapt for North America. Instead, the automaker will re-engineer and restyle the North American Focus for the 2008 model year.

:lol:

Ford Focus, this century's Chevy Cavalier.
[right][snapback]133817[/snapback][/right]

We're not going to care by then. :rolleyes: atleast i won't.
ANTHONYD,Aug 18 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:[Image: future_milan.jpg]

^^^VW^^^

^^^CADILLAC^^^

***CHECK THE PLACEMENT OF THE SUBARU AD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ARTICLE**** :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]133863[/snapback][/right]

i was thinking the exact same things, except the cadillac one
crazikev,Aug 18 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 18 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:[Image: future_milan.jpg]

^^^VW^^^

^^^CADILLAC^^^

***CHECK THE PLACEMENT OF THE SUBARU AD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ARTICLE**** :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]133863[/snapback][/right]

i was thinking the exact same things, except the cadillac one
[right][snapback]133868[/snapback][/right]

sorry that car looks just like the sts...

[Image: 2005-Cadillac-STS-FA-Pillars-1600x1200.jpg]
Thanks to jay mays :D volkswagen old head designer. The fusion looks nothing like a caddy though atleast i don't think and the milan stands out to. Thier going to be huge hits though :)

the fusion takes after the 427 concept which debuted before the sts was debuted
^^^
maybe it does, but i said i didn't think about that, i didn't say it doesn't look like it
oh well, maybe the 08 will be better than the mark 2, haha.
so we still dont get the good focus, but there going to make the ranger a world vehicle
The ford Fiesta sounds like a good idea. Especially if it looks like the Fiesta RS in europe and has the same performance.
"The two-passenger, 550-hp supercar is expected to end its limited run in mid-2006, though insiders say production could continue for several additional months to make up for production lost to a control arm recall."

whhhhyyyyyyyyy!!!?????????
makes absolutely NO sense to me. other than it being a high price car to keep, this car is profit... why not keep a car in the lineup that makes the blue oval badass?
I think they should bring over the Ka...that car is hotness. I would be interested in a ranger if they made it like a mini F-150.
CheckMyVitals,Aug 19 2005, 07:16 AM Wrote:"The two-passenger, 550-hp supercar is expected to end its limited run in mid-2006, though insiders say production could continue for several additional months to make up for production lost to a control arm recall."

whhhhyyyyyyyyy!!!?????????
makes absolutely NO sense to me. other than it being a high price car to keep, this car is profit... why not keep a car in the lineup that makes the blue oval badass?
[right][snapback]134032[/snapback][/right]

The GT takes up a LOT of resources from the Special Vehicle Team and Roush Industries. Keeping that car for a longer term means no Shelby GT500s, no Sport Trac Adrenalins, or other Ford performance vehicles.

Too bad, because the GT goes around the track just beautifully. I really didn't know I was in a 550 hp supercar until I banged my head on the door coming out of it :rolleyes:
Ford just has alot of catching up to do in the industry right now. They have nothing left original and fresh.
GapBoyPCS,Aug 20 2005, 09:59 PM Wrote:The GT takes up a LOT of resources from the Special Vehicle Team and Roush Industries. Keeping that car for a longer term means no Shelby GT500s, no Sport Trac Adrenalins, or other Ford performance vehicles.

Too bad, because the GT goes around the track just beautifully. I really didn't know I was in a 550 hp supercar until I banged my head on the door coming out of it  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]134418[/snapback][/right]

That sounds likes a BS "corporate" excuse byFord.

When a company as small as Subaru that despite being maintains a VERY EXPENSIVE WRC presence. Ford (NA) is only intersted in rental cars and SUV/Trucks.
I agree with you on this 2001ZTS, and I'm going to quote Meford on saying that they are fuctards at the helm of Ford USA.
Frost__2001,Aug 21 2005, 02:45 PM Wrote:I agree with you on this 2001ZTS, and I'm going to quote Meford on saying that they are fuctards at the helm of Ford USA.
[right][snapback]134530[/snapback][/right]

NO company is going to give on vehicles that keeps the company alives like their suv and trucks. Same with chevy and dodge if the lost thier suv and trucks they would be in a bad way.

We all know a god bit of the ford usa guys are facked but the cobra's,lightning,sport trac are still a year or 2 off b/c the GT took a huge effort and almost all thier resources to finish the car for ford's 100th birthday. The GT was a totally new beast to the company and wasn't just able to throw a irs and supercharged on a engine an call it a cobra. The GT took alot and i don't think people realise the work it took to build it in like 2 or 3 years. Sfter the GT is over with the new svt will start coming out and start devolopment on the other few unnamed which is probably the fusion and a sport suv of some sort. The svt program and roush only have some many engineers and money to do things, they don't just pull it out of thier ass :rolleyes: Also ford makes barely any money of the GT, it was just built to show off what ford can really do as a company. It was celebration of ford being here for 100 years.
Pages: 1 2