FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dixie Ford Show & Shine - Sept 11th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SVTOA-Toronto will be joining forces with Street Classics again for our annual Show & Shine on Sunday, September 11th.

Details are in our event flyer:

- Download our Show & Shine flyer -

Entry is free. We will be taking donations for charity as well, plus we'll have our usual charity BBQ at the same time.

For those who are already SVTOA-Toronto Chapter Members, we'll also be drawing for a free tint job from our sponsor, The Detailing Shop, in Newmarket.
hmmm... hopefully the new paint will be done by then and the new audio installed. I should make it out to this :)
One final kick at the can...

See you guys & gals there tomorrow. Show starts at 10am. Judging starts at 11am.

We're anticipating a huge turnout, so get there early!

PS> Don't forget the sunblock.
I'll try and make it there, but I'm unsure if I can make it any earlier than noon or so <_< (Can't sleep as I'm typing this at 1AM and I'll be a slug in the morning :( )

NefCanuck
I had a great time.
Next time I'll try not to be a day early!!!
:blink:
Let me know if any of you want to hook-up again soon.
Had a great time, saw lots of great cars (got sunburned like a mofo though)

A special raspberry to the thief that grabbed my chrome valve stem covers while my car was parked. Hope you enjoy em you louse <_<

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 12 2005, 01:17 PM Wrote:Had a great time, saw lots of great cars (got sunburned like a mofo though)

A special raspberry to the thief that grabbed my chrome valve stem covers while my car was parked.  Hope you enjoy em you louse  <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]141227[/snapback][/right]

What the $#@!$, I wish that loser that did that a kick in the teeth.

I was there for maybe 10 minutes....then it was off to run errands with the wife :P

Damn, slept right through this one... I guess thats what happens when youre at a kegger till 6am :o
NefCanuck,Sep 12 2005, 01:17 PM Wrote:Had a great time, saw lots of great cars (got sunburned like a mofo though)

A special raspberry to the thief that grabbed my chrome valve stem covers while my car was parked.  Hope you enjoy em you louse  <_<

NefCanuck

You have to be kidding me!
ANTHONYD,Sep 12 2005, 03:06 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]141256[/snapback][/right]

Wish I was <_< They got the two left side ones (The ones that no one could see as I was parked next to another car)

Oh well, trip to CT for new ones in my future I guess (Do they make locking valve stem covers? :blink: )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 12 2005, 03:39 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

Wish I was <_< They got the two left side ones (The ones that no one could see as I was parked next to another car)

Oh well, trip to CT for new ones in my future I guess (Do they make locking valve stem covers? :blink: )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]141275[/snapback][/right]

PI has locking ones that you need a special key to take off.....

they say FORD.....ooooooooo aaaaaaahhhhhh :P

NefCanuck

NefCanuck

You know, I noticed that when you were showing me the car - right at the end of the show. I noticed that the ones on the side toward Dixie Road was where they were missing from - that makes me think it didn't happen there at the show. If the thief stole the ones from the side of the car facing all the people (bigger risk of being caught), why wouldn't he (or she) then take the other ones from the side facing away from the crowd?

Enjoyed myself very much - thanks for the hospitality. I will maybe be up for the dyno day on 10/2.

hardk0re,Sep 12 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

NefCanuck

PI has locking ones that you need a special key to take off.....

they say FORD.....ooooooooo aaaaaaahhhhhh :P
[right][snapback]141445[/snapback][/right]

Bought two cheap sets of chrome valve caps from CT, those go missing, it's the expensive option time <_<

NefCanuck
Fordson,Sep 12 2005, 09:09 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

NefCanuck

You know, I noticed that when you were showing me the car - right at the end of the show. I noticed that the ones on the side toward Dixie Road was where they were missing from - that makes me think it didn't happen there at the show. If the thief stole the ones from the side of the car facing all the people (bigger risk of being caught), why wouldn't he (or she) then take the other ones from the side facing away from the crowd.
[right][snapback]141452[/snapback][/right]

Thing was they were there in the morning (and I know this because the valves under the caps were a gold colour and I would have noticed that leaving to go to the show)

No big loss, just annoying, it was probably kids anyways looking for shiny things...

NefCanuck

NefCanuck

You have got to be kidding :blink:

I guess it would have been too obvious for them to steal them off of a car inside the display. In any case, I'll bring this to the attention of our group. I think next year will be a lot bigger (maybe encompassing the entire dealership).

Here are the pics. These are just a few of them:

6th Annual Dixie Ford Show & Shine pictures

Just be lucky you weren't the owner of the T-bird... :(
Tbird owner? what happened?
scoobasteve,Sep 13 2005, 05:36 PM Wrote:Tbird owner? what happened?
[right][snapback]141762[/snapback][/right]

I'll hopefully explain on Friday ...
scoobasteve,Sep 13 2005, 05:36 PM Wrote:Tbird owner? what happened?
[right][snapback]141762[/snapback][/right]
The guy drove his 55-57 T-Bird over the top of a wall. Made lots of noise but seemed to survive the situation much better than a plastic Focus would have :lol:
wow, that sucks pretty bad, where did it happen?