FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Weird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
while outside today at work i heard what sounded like something falling out of a tree, through the branches and onto the ground. at first I thought a child had thrown a ball into the trees, but none of them were anywhere near there. I went over and there was a dead crow on the ground. My boss thinks it is because of the power lines, but the Health department keep telling her that can't be the reason. We have had to clean up sooooo many dead crows and every time it is in the same spot. Even the lady who came to pick up the crow, mentioned that we call them ALOT about dead crows.
The tree has West Nile???
Congratulations....................you got West Nile.

Seriously, of all bird speices crows are the most susceptable to West Nile.

Your Ottawa Health Department should talk to Toronto's ASAP.

I'll try to find a link so you don't sound like a crazy lady when you phone.

EDIT: see even the bunny knows!!!!!!!!!!
The jury is out but here is lots of reading:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off...=cr%3DcountryCA
2001 ZTS,Aug 17 2005, 07:47 PM Wrote:EDIT: see even the bunny knows!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]133581[/snapback][/right]

Yeah and if I know...you know there is a problem!!!
We call the Health department every time and they send someone over to pick up the dead bird for testing. so far every one they have tested has come back negitive for west nile. since i have been working there, 4 1/2 years now, we usually have one dead crow in the same spot every year. last year was the worst though. It seemed like once a week we were calling for a pick up. so far this year we have only had two. We usually find the dead crow in the morning while doing the yard check. this is the first time one dropped from the sky while we were outside.
hmm......... Maybe the tree is getting fed up with being pooped on and is taking revenge on the crows and is killing them off slowly buy beating them to death with it's leaves.............. :lol: lol

it could be a relevant theory mind you lol........... :lol:
West Nile ain't nothing to be worried about, the government is blowing it all out of proportion, throwing our tax money out the window with stupid commercials. the chances are so minimal of dying from it, and if you even get it you might get sick but like 0.5% of the time it can be deadly. They should be educating people on how to drive or cross the street cause a lot more people die from that than West Nile. Last year there was a dead crow near my backyard, maybe it will kill off the birds that sh!.t on my car
I think you have discovered the bermuda triangle for crows.... they fly in but will they fly out?

stay tuned
holy crow! that IS wierd :P :huh: