FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2006 Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NefCanuck,Aug 17 2005, 12:04 PM Wrote:Heh, frankly I think economic forecasts are like @$$holes, everyone has one and most of them are full of s**t to some degree  <_<

I figure it'll level off at $1.10/L for regular by the end of the year, barring any unforeseen disasters and then slowly creep up from there.  Now that we've passed the $1/L "mental barrier" no going back...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]133429[/snapback][/right]

I love that first quote...whahahahhah

I predict that before the year is out we will see something happen that will once again drive the prices higher than we even thought before!! But perhaps at that point gasoline prices will be the least of our concerns.....
I agree, we are all Facked for gas prices, by 2008 we will probably be paying $5/L or something stupid!!! Or have more ethanol fueled cars or something. I was getting into this earlier with co-workers. They were complaining about over $1 prices and i said there is no sense in complaining. This was in the sun today i thought it was intersting

WEEKLY PUMP PRICE SURVEY ACROSS CANADA

REGULAR GAS

August 16-------Price-------------Excl. Taxes

Vancouver------108.5---------------70.9

Calgary----------95.4----------------70.2

Regina-----------105.9---------------74.0

Winnipeg---------100.7---------------72.6

Toronto----------100.7---------------69.4

Montreal---------114.4---------------72.8

Saint John-------106.9---------------68.5

Halifax-----------112.9---------------72.7

Charlottetown ---99.7----------------62.9

St. John's--------106.7---------------66.3

CANADA
AVERAGE-------104.5---------------70.7
BradfordZX3,Aug 17 2005, 12:33 PM Wrote:Maybe we are going to have to trade in our focus's and get an SRT 4 or a cobalt SS :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]133442[/snapback][/right]

No need to stoop to that level.:puke: Just wait for the MazdaSpeed3. :headbang:
I like the look of it but it just reminds a of a cavalier too much
microbunny,Aug 17 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Aug 17 2005, 12:04 PM Wrote:Heh, frankly I think economic forecasts are like @$$holes, everyone has one and most of them are full of s**t to some degree  <_<

I figure it'll level off at $1.10/L for regular by the end of the year, barring any unforeseen disasters and then slowly creep up from there.  Now that we've passed the $1/L "mental barrier" no going back...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]133429[/snapback][/right]

I love that first quote...whahahahhah

I predict that before the year is out we will see something happen that will once again drive the prices higher than we even thought before!! But perhaps at that point gasoline prices will be the least of our concerns.....
[right][snapback]133451[/snapback][/right]

Yer welcome to swipe that quote and use it as you see fit. I just thought it was appropriate :D

Short of a major conflaguration in the Middle East I doubt there's much left that can drive the prices up unexpectedly it's all the futures traders in oil making a killing these days even as their machinations slowly kill us.

NefCanuck
Montreal - 114.4 - 72.8 ... yikes!!!
I'm gonna look into one of those DEEP FRYER OIL BURNING ENGINES NEXT TIME AROUND.

At least the car will always smell like KFC.....

MMMM KFC <_<
Get a truck. $85 every time I fill it at the pumps.

I am not complaining. I drive it. I pay for it. I can afford it.

Now shut up crybabies. Or start walking.

Or you could be really uber kool and get a Vespa.

PFFFFFFFFTTTTTT. :fag: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fag:
Fluffy Rules!.... :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:
meford4u,Aug 17 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:Get a truck.  $85 every time I fill it at the pumps.

I am not complaining.  I drive it.  I pay for it.  I can afford it.

Now shut up crybabies.  Or start walking.

Or you could be really uber kool and get a Vespa.

PFFFFFFFFTTTTTT. :fag:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fag:
[right][snapback]133514[/snapback][/right]

THATS RIGHT!!!!

I don't bitch about filling the 5.0L i just go wow at the idiots in the oil company and keep pumping
I'm kinda waiting to see if Ford will being doing more Hybrids in the future, like a Hybrid model of the Focus, Fusion, Explorer, Freestar or what not. I'd be really interested in leasing one just to save a bit at the pumps, not to mention the use of the electric motor in the city, since I'm more or less the taxi driver in my family.

I remember last year when ford brought to Toronto the Hydrogen powered Focus sedan to show it off as a possible model in the 2008 line ups.

Personally I can say I'm going to feel the pinch at the pump more so because Tim Horton's is a cheap ass bastard company and is still only paying minimum wages to all employees. :angry:
meford4u,Aug 17 2005, 04:22 PM Wrote:Get a truck.  $85 every time I fill it at the pumps.

I am not complaining.  I drive it.  I pay for it.  I can afford it.

Now shut up crybabies.  Or start walking.
[right][snapback]133514[/snapback][/right]

Lucky you, you can afford to have the oil companies take bigger & bigger slices of your disposable income? (Not to mention the taxes) Congratulations...

As for the rest of us who live paycheck to paycheck, allow us to bleed in the streets okay? <_<

NefCanuck
Big deal you drive a truck do you want a medal? I think we all pay enough taxes and half of the price of gas is taxes. I don't think anyone wants to just throw money, but I guess you do. And you seem to be proud of it
For 2006, you're looking at an ST for the "fastest" Focus off the dealership lot. A Street Edition-type package will be available probably midstream in the production run.

As far as I'm told, there will be FIVE SVT models.

We already have two:
- 2007 Shelby Cobra GT500 (already knew about that one back in 2004)
- 2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin

It's been more-or-less publicized that the next SVT would be the Fusion. So, that should debut in 2008. In the meantime, the AWD Fusion should come out in 2007, and the 2008 may see the hybrid.

That leaves two SVT's unnamed. Assuming the Focus/Focus-replacement goes to the C1 platform in 2007, then an SVT version would follow suit in 2009. I'm going to venture a guess an SVT crossover would be the fifth vehicle.

As for gas, I'm already spending $$$ (those who know my driving). I'm just glad I drive a 4-banger.
GapBoyPCS,Aug 20 2005, 09:50 PM Wrote:For 2006, you're looking at an ST for the "fastest" Focus off the dealership lot. A Street Edition-type package will be available probably midstream in the production run.

As far as I'm told, there will be FIVE SVT models.

We already have two:
- 2007 Shelby Cobra GT500 (already knew about that one back in 2004)
- 2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin

It's been more-or-less publicized that the next SVT would be the Fusion. So, that should debut in 2008. In the meantime, the AWD Fusion should come out in 2007, and the 2008 may see the hybrid.

That leaves two SVT's unnamed. Assuming the Focus/Focus-replacement goes to the C1 platform in 2007, then an SVT version would follow suit in 2009. I'm going to venture a guess an SVT crossover would be the fifth vehicle.

As for gas, I'm already spending $$$ (those who know my driving). I'm just glad I drive a 4-banger.
[right][snapback]134417[/snapback][/right]
Too little to late, besides nobody would pay what the buy in would be given Ford's rep/history. They're doomed as a company no matter what they do.
hmm anther street edition eh ? I wonder if ford will be bringing them out in the 3 colours they did durring the 2001 model line ups.

for those that didn't know it's

Fun in the Sun Yellow (or egg yolk yellow ),
Malibu Blue,
and Infra Red
BradfordZX3,Aug 18 2005, 12:24 AM Wrote:Big deal you drive a truck do you want a medal? I think we all pay enough taxes and half of the price of gas is taxes. I don't think anyone wants to just throw money, but I guess you do. And you seem to be proud of it
[right][snapback]133612[/snapback][/right]

That tax money is supposed to go back into the roads and transportation... A quick look at the roads around here leads me to believe that just maybe it's not all getting there.

I don't think the guy was bragging FWIW. I have a truck too, and yes I don't want to pay 1.06/L when I fill it, but I always have the option of getting rid of it and buying something better on gas. In the Focus the extra $.10/L isn't really all that much. I live paycheck to paycheck too, but I can alway cut back on slurpees to cover the cost of gas. Feeling sorry for myself won't make the prices come down anytime soon, nither will whining about it.
How true, monkey, how true.
I dumped my 4.0L Ranger XLT for the Focus ST because I was sick of paying $60-$70 a week in gas to get to work.

Now I spend $30-$35 in gas and an extra $15 a week in insurance.

What a bargain. :blink:
Pages: 1 2