FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Diagnosis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so some of you may remmber my run in with a median and my tire exploding and my sterring being messed.

So i got my new tires put on, and pulling out felt all good, sterring was still lop-sided, i was in a hurry and didnt get an alignment, i hope thats all it needs.

But anyways,

when i get to about 70km/hr and over i feel this slight vibrating in the back part of my seat on the drivers side of it, (closest to the door) and the wheel shakes a little...

bent rim? or could it be something else? The one rim i was thinking might be bent would be the one thats on the back drivers side, it was on the front drivers side before i got the tires on.
i would put the stock rims back on and see if it go away. If yes it does then your rim could be bent.
bad alignment, bent wheel, missing wheel weights, and warped rotors will contribute to vibration and steering wheel shake. Just start at the beginning of that list, and work through it until you find what's causing it.
Sounds like the rim could be bend. Put it in nutral and hang your self out the door some where safe, where there is no traffic. MAKE SURE the rim isnt rotating retarted or wabbaling around.
Mason,Aug 16 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:Sounds like the rim could be bend. Put it in nutral and hand your self out the door some where safe where there is no traffic. MAKE SURE the rim isnt rotating retarted or wabbaling around.
[right][snapback]133145[/snapback][/right]

[Image: GRAMMER.jpg]
Yup. Thats what happens when your speaking with some one on the phone, Typing what there saying, and trying to type on here at the same time.

But either way. From reading how you hit the curb before I think your rim is probibly bent.
have you tried turning on the seat warmer? Always makes my shakes go away :P :lol:
^^ sorry about that *shakes head*... somedays, work is no good for the brain... :huh:
i would throw on the stockers, but i dont have any haha

Steve, thats good list and ill try that...if it is bent, i think its gonna cost me about 150 bucks to re-shape it, which is balls.

I only really start to notice it at higher speeds...ill strat with the alignment and see how it goes.
If it only happens at higher speeds most likely out of alignment or missing a weight.
well i dont know if it ONLY happens at high speed, but thats when i start to notice it...
Mason,Aug 16 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:Sounds like the rim could be bend. Put it in nutral and hang your self out the door some where safe, where there is no traffic. MAKE SURE the rim isnt rotating retarted or wabbaling around.

at what point did this ever seem to be a good idea to you? :D
Mason,Aug 16 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:Sounds like the rim could be bend. Put it in nutral and hang your self out the door some where safe, where there is no traffic. MAKE SURE the rim isnt rotating retarted or wabbaling around.

and sunroofs are for highway beerbongs?

there is nowhere safe to do this.. period.

This is almost as classic as giving your engine a port and polish by pouring sand in the oil.
darkpuppet,Aug 16 2005, 08:35 PM Wrote:
Mason,Aug 16 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:Sounds like the rim could be bend. Put it in nutral and hang your self out the door some where safe, where there is no traffic. MAKE SURE the rim isnt rotating retarted or wabbaling around.

and sunroofs are for highway beerbongs?

there is nowhere safe to do this.. period.

This is almost as classic as giving your engine a port and polish by pouring sand in the oil.
[right][snapback]133200[/snapback][/right]

GENUIS!!!!!! why didnt i think of that earlier!!
Lol Well Ive never had this problem cause Ive never smashed a curb... Cant say Ive ever bent a rim.

And unless your Retarded and let your car roll away then its safe in every way.
If you have a bent rim I know a good place here in S'toon to have it fixed.
Kelvin's Wheel ask for Chad #955-5552
SVTZX503,Aug 16 2005, 09:22 PM Wrote:If you have a bent rim I know a good place here in S'toon to have it fixed.
Kelvin's Wheel ask for Chad #955-5552
[right][snapback]133222[/snapback][/right]

nice, i think ill check them out, where are they located?
FociPhil,Aug 16 2005, 05:29 PM Wrote:i feel this slight vibrating in the back part of my seat
[right][snapback]133135[/snapback][/right]

pull the gerbil out of your ass
Mason,Aug 16 2005, 11:38 AM Wrote:Sounds like the rim could be bend. Put it in nutral and hang your self out the door some where safe, where there is no traffic. MAKE SURE the rim isnt rotating retarted or wabbaling around.
Here's wat I think of when I read that

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e...urfing.wmv
lol :P
Pages: 1 2