FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Organized Gaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if i can find and get BFV on my pc i'll be in.
To think there are other guys on the board right now whose "job" is now what you guys enjoy as a video game, not to mention those here whose "job" it used to be.

If your games don't come pre-loaded with 99.9% boredom and 0.01% absolute unimaginable terror it ain't realistic.

It doesn't matter what branch, what years one served, peace or war or even a hot or cold war; that is what it is really like.

Makes for boring games, TV and movies but that is the way it is.
2001 ZTS,Aug 16 2005, 07:02 PM Wrote:To think there are other guys on the board right now whose "job" is now what you guys enjoy as a video game, not to mention those here whose "job" it used to be.

If your games don't come pre-loaded with 99.9% boredom and 0.01% absolute unimaginable terror it ain't realistic.

It doesn't matter what branch, what years one served, peace or war or even a hot or cold war; that is what it is really like.

[right][snapback]133278[/snapback][/right]
and thanks for that hijack... Back to topic at hand aka team killing I mean playing online :D
Ignoramous
2001 ZTS,Aug 16 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:To think there are other guys on the board right now whose "job" is now what you guys enjoy as a video game, not to mention those here whose "job" it used to be.

[right][snapback]133278[/snapback][/right]

That's why they call it "Entertainment!" It doesn't have to be like reality. Who cares if the physics are screwed up, the blood splatter is way off, and the timing of events are off. SO WHAT?!? Entertainment is stimulation.

If I wanted reality, I'd sign up for the Army... But I don't want reality. All I want is a little fun / fear / pleasure to keep my heart pounding well.

If I wanted to be bored outta my skull, I'd go watch a golf game (hence watch and not play).

I understand that yes, IRL, there are jobs that are boring 99% of the time and 1% with lots of action (army, cops, firefighting) and their lives are put on the line. But that's life and what most people's lives are like (except the danger is less intense more often than not).

F-ack this I'm going to play some Battlefront and bust a cap in some Gungan ass. :lol:
Phantom post server details and time, and watch my m60 blast some gooks away
Pages: 1 2