FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Aftermarket Radio Install...looking For Parts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

New to the forum glad to see that there is a place that Canadians can meet about their Ford Focus.

To the topic, I have a 2000 Ford Focus SE 4 DR Sedan. I recently bought a Pioneer DEH-3700MP deck. I'm not new to car audio installs just looking where in Canada can I buy the parts that I want.

Anyway I know that I can get the DIN Radio Removal tool at The Source (Radioshack). What I was wondering if you people could point me in the direction of getting the harness, antenna adapter and mounting kit that I want. Heres the parts:

Mounting Kit - Metra Turbokit 99-5806
Antenna Adapter - Scosche VWA Antenna Adapter
Harness - Metra Turbowire 70-1770

I'm also willing to get the Metra Antenna Adapter I think its Metra AntennaWorks 40-VW12

I'm also open to any suggestions to different parts. Thanks.

Acid0057
Acid0057,Aug 15 2005, 07:53 PM Wrote:Hey all,

New to the forum glad to see that there is a place that Canadians can meet about their Ford Focus.

To the topic, I have a 2000 Ford Focus SE 4 DR Sedan. I recently bought a Pioneer DEH-3700MP deck. I'm not new to car audio installs just looking where in Canada can I buy the parts that I want.

Anyway I know that I can get the DIN Radio Removal tool at The Source (Radioshack). What I was wondering if you people could point me in the direction of getting the harness, antenna adapter and mounting kit that I want. Heres the parts:

Mounting Kit - Metra Turbokit 99-5806
Antenna Adapter - Scosche VWA Antenna Adapter
Harness - Metra Turbowire 70-1770

I'm also open to any suggestions to different parts. Thanks.

Acid0057
[right][snapback]132930[/snapback][/right]
First off :hi:
Next it would help if you said where you live then people could give exact shops. But for the most part all those parts can normally be had at your local audio shop. Where they sell car stereo's, or the installers themselves normally carry the products.
Sorry left that out. I live in Owen Sound Ontario. First off we don't have a Future Shop and Best Buy. The only major car audio store that we have is Fast Forward Audio and Video.
Acid0057,Aug 15 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:Sorry left that out. I live in Owen Sound Ontario. First off we don't have a Future Shop and Best Buy. The only major car audio store that we have is Fast Forward Audio and Video.
[right][snapback]132934[/snapback][/right]
Now here's where I'll let the ontario residents chime in. But I have been thru owen sound nice place to go camping.
Hey welcome..

Any audio shop that is half-decent should carry adapter harnesses and din-mounting kits. A company called AI (American International) makes din-kits for almost all vehicles and I've seen several retail store that carry these products. The antenna adapters can often be found at audio shops but in some cases mobile phone shops carry them too. Radio Shack/Source and others should have them.

In my 2005 focus the antenna adapter is actually a Motorola mobile phone antenna, although, it is different in the earlier Focus models.

Mounting Din kit..$20-30

Antenna adapter..$17-30

Harness..$20

If anyone tries to charge you more then around those prices, tell them to fuk off, and I'll hook you up with brand-new stuff!

p.s. dont worry about buying radio removal tools...use a modified coathanger..it works just the same. all you gotta do is squeeze the tabs that hold the deck in place!
_peace
microbunny,Aug 15 2005, 09:11 PM Wrote:Hey welcome..

Any audio shop that is half-decent should carry adapter harnesses and din-mounting kits. A company called AI (American International) makes din-kits for almost all vehicles and I've seen several retail store that carry these products. The antenna adapters can often be found at audio shops but in some cases mobile phone shops carry them too. Radio Shack/Source and others should have them.

In my 2005 focus the antenna adapter is actually a Motorola mobile phone antenna, although, it is different in the earlier Focus models.

Mounting Din kit..$20-30

Antenna adapter..$17-30

Harness..$20

If anyone tries to charge you more then around those prices, tell them to fuk off, and I'll hook you up with brand-new stuff!

p.s. dont worry about buying radio removal tools...use a modified coathanger..it works just the same. all you gotta do is squeeze the tabs that hold the deck in place!
_peace
[right][snapback]132940[/snapback][/right]

Hey I got the parts today. Went with American International. Now I'm just concerned that the Pioneer deck will work with the stock speakers? Any advice? It's a 50W X 4 deck. Pioneer DEH-3700MP.

Heres the rest of the stats:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/prod...9245002,00.html

Why wouldnt it work?

are you hooking up and amp to it or just using the deck power for now!?

hook up you left/right front/rear speakers, ground, constant, illumination/dash, remote, mute....etc.. and attatch your harness and radio antenna and you'll be good to go..
microbunny,Aug 16 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:Why wouldnt it work?

are you hooking up and amp to it or just using the deck power for now!?

hook up you left/right front/rear speakers, ground, constant, illumination/dash, remote, mute....etc.. and attatch your harness and radio antenna and you'll be good to go..
[right][snapback]133230[/snapback][/right]

Ok thanks I don't expect to get an amp anytime soon. I was just getting the deck for the CD/MP3/WMA playback. My factory deck is the cassette player. Anymore advice on how to use the coathanger method of getting the old deck out?
Acid0057,Aug 16 2005, 06:06 PM Wrote:Anymore advice on how to use the coathanger method of getting the old deck out?
[right][snapback]133234[/snapback][/right]

umm.. you just use the coathanger to push in the tabs on the sides of the factory unit to release it! Then after you pull the unit out slightly undo the factory harness from the back and completely remove the unit!!

Put the coathangers into the holes and push away from the deck,...I think its away, it not push towards,,i cant remember how the tabs face....its one or the other

I got an 05 now and its been awhile since I did a 00-04 focus deck. The 2005 are totally different, they are attatched with 4 bolts behind the bezel and the 05 are also true european double-din size instead of 1.5 like the 00-04

Use the coathanger method and you'll be fine, you cant really fuk anything up!!

-good luck
microbunny,Aug 16 2005, 06:50 PM Wrote:05 are also true european double-din size instead of 1.5 like the 00-04

[right][snapback]133239[/snapback][/right]

Actually, the focus is more closer to 1.8 DIN. Be carefull with the coathanger method, I tried it before and totally broke not only my deck, but the dashboard too because the tab bent too much when I pulled it out.
paolo,Aug 16 2005, 06:58 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Aug 16 2005, 06:50 PM Wrote:05 are also true european double-din size instead of 1.5 like the 00-04

[right][snapback]133239[/snapback][/right]

Actually, the focus is more closer to 1.8 DIN. Be carefull with the coathanger method, I tried it before and totally broke not only my deck, but the dashboard too because the tab bent too much when I pulled it out.
[right][snapback]133244[/snapback][/right]

It's 1.5 man...what the hell is 1.8-din??

...and you gotta be a dumbass if you broke it...what did you do..reem on it till the casing bent??? my word!! :huh:
Thanks for the advice all. I'll get it in the car tomorrow.
no idea... but :hi:
Future Shop

Mounting kit: $20
Antenna Adapter: $10 or less
Cage: Most times comes with the deck. I'll sell you one for $15