FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wings West Wrap Around Spoiler Issues...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So last year I bought a WW wrap around spoiler from someone here and wanted to wait until this year to get it put on due to money issues and having it go through 1 less winter. So I take it to the body shop and they highly recommend that I don't put it on. Now I got the spoiler from someone here (you know who you are) and he had taken it in 2-3 times to get it fixed I was informed by Ford. Now I'm feeling a bit ripped off. Ford basically said the only way to put it on is by double sided tape and glue, due to there only being 2 little screw holes on the main part of the spoiler. Thats how the other person had it on and it kept coming off which I'm guess is why he sold it to me and not informing me of this problem... So yeah, I'm a bit miffed this morning...

I guess does anyone know if it would be possible to somehow fibreglass a few other brackets into the side pieces and the middle piece so that they can screw it down? Or would it just screw it up and do more damage to the car?

Having said that.... Anyone interested in buying a silver wings west wrap around spoiler? <_<
WW is usually pretty good stuff...what do they recommend to install it?

Get some 3M heavy duty two-way tape, you shouldnt need glue or extra bolts/arms!
I find it hard to believe that the tape used on a Wings West spoiler can come off easily. I accidently used my spoiler as a battering ram last year through my steel double garage door. Now my spoiler just wobbles slightly.
microbunny,Aug 15 2005, 08:49 PM Wrote:WW is usually pretty good stuff...what do they recommend to install it?

Get some 3M heavy duty two-way tape, you shouldnt need glue or extra bolts/arms!
[right][snapback]132858[/snapback][/right]

Well the thing is that its completely hollow except for the 2 little screw holes on the main centre piece on each side, but nothing in the middle. Apparently the middle piece would keep coming off as well the sides would too because double sided heavy duty tape doesn't work well enough. Thats why they used glue, but that didn't work either according to the body shop guys. They said they'd do it for me if I wanted, but they definately recommended against it as they've had this one as well as another come back multiple times with problems....

I wonder if there are any other places in Regina that could put it on better than the Ford body shop could do... I mean the side skirts have double sided tape on them and they are coming loose too. Perhaps some other company thats a bit more competant would be best suited for this job...
How ever the two holes and some of the auto body glue (use them on side skirts) well have that thing on primo!!!

You gotta be careful when taking it to some of those auto body guys. There retards and becuase you drive a sport compact and trying to make it look nice they wont bother going around obstacles to make it work.

Take it to the best of the best.

Dave Cape!
ZX3TUNR,Aug 15 2005, 11:39 PM Wrote:Take it to the best of the best.

Dave Cape!

How ever the two holes and some of the auto body glue (use them on side skirts) well have that thing on primo!!!
[right][snapback]132891[/snapback][/right]

Got a phone number for me Jay?
569-2053

He only accepts cash thow. He is well known in the muscle car scene. He also did Jarrods kit.
mine is on with tape....absolutely no problem
dad,Aug 16 2005, 07:05 AM Wrote:mine is on with tape....absolutely no problem
[right][snapback]133018[/snapback][/right]

5 years with tape.

No problems at all.

Pleae keep this on topic. Off topic is where you can post pics of yourself in a purple dress. - Flofocus
Bort,Aug 15 2005, 02:28 PM Wrote:Thats how the other person had it on and it kept coming off which I'm guess is why he sold it to me and not informing me of this problem...  So yeah, I'm a bit miffed this morning...
[right][snapback]132854[/snapback][/right]

Dude, that's not why I got rid of the spoiler, I got rid of it because I didnt want it anymore.

The large center piece attaches with 4 bolts on the edges which is more than enough to keep it on (most places will install it with only the tape holding it). As for the smaller side pieces, I had to keep going back to have them fix their work because they did a shitty job. There was an issue with it starting to lift, then they used glue. I had to take it back again so they could remove all the excess glue that oozed out, and then again to fix the scratches on my body when the retards used razor blades to take the excess glue off.

It was really more the fact that the Percival Ford body shop didnt want to have to do the job in the first place..
guilty,Aug 16 2005, 03:53 PM Wrote:
Bort,Aug 15 2005, 02:28 PM Wrote:Thats how the other person had it on and it kept coming off which I'm guess is why he sold it to me and not informing me of this problem...  So yeah, I'm a bit miffed this morning...
[right][snapback]132854[/snapback][/right]

Dude, that's not why I got rid of the spoiler, I got rid of it because I didnt want it anymore.

The large center piece attaches with 4 bolts on the edges which is more than enough to keep it on (most places will install it with only the tape holding it). As for the smaller side pieces, I had to keep going back to have them fix their work because they did a shitty job. There was an issue with it starting to lift, then they used glue. I had to take it back again so they could remove all the excess glue that oozed out, and then again to fix the scratches on my body when the retards used razor blades to take the excess glue off.

It was really more the fact that the Percival Ford body shop didnt want to have to do the job in the first place..
[right][snapback]133091[/snapback][/right]

Ok man, fair enough. I figured it was in part, due to the fact that Percival sux ass. But when you get up extra early before work to go there to have stuff done on the car and your told "no" and reasons why, you get angry... So today after work I'm going to call that guy that Jay told me about and see how much he'll charge, and how long it will take for the install.
Bort,Aug 16 2005, 11:22 AM Wrote:Ok man, fair enough.  I figured it was in part, due to the fact that Percival sux ass.
[right][snapback]133133[/snapback][/right]

Okay good, I dont want to see a frown, or have to fear the wrath of a shirtless Jason :P

Percival bodyshop does a good job, only you have to take it back 2 or 3 times to have them re-do it until they actually do it right. They repainted the lower part of my door after getting a deep scratch.. the paint looked good except for all the dust and fuzz stuck in it. Then after they removed the spoiler and repainted my hatch I had to get it done again because they didnt get paint right up to the corners.

I'd definitely check out the guy Jay suggested.
guilty,Aug 16 2005, 05:33 PM Wrote:
Bort,Aug 16 2005, 11:22 AM Wrote:Ok man, fair enough.  I figured it was in part, due to the fact that Percival sux ass.
[right][snapback]133133[/snapback][/right]

Okay good, I dont want to see a frown, or have to fear the wrath of a shirtless Jason :P

Percival bodyshop does a good job, only you have to take it back 2 or 3 times to have them re-do it until they actually do it right. They repainted the lower part of my door after getting a deep scratch.. the paint looked good except for all the dust and fuzz stuck in it. Then after they removed the spoiler and repainted my hatch I had to get it done again because they didnt get paint right up to the corners.

I'd definitely check out the guy Jay suggested.
[right][snapback]133139[/snapback][/right]

The car is at Percival right now getting the front fixed and painted (including front lip) so hopefully they do a better job this time and not have fugly glue blobs hanging out. If that other guy is cheap enough, I may get him to redo the entire kit rather than just the wing. But I'm poor and probably won't be able to afford that.