FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Idea For Rescheduled Dyno Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Threw this in Off-Topic, if it should go elsewhere I apologize in advance.

Okay as I'm sitting here at work a stray thought hits me (Yeah, yeah, those do happen to me from time to time you know :P )

I'm think about installing a CAI on my Focus, mainly because I'm noticing what a dog the car is when the temps rise, my thinking being that the insane amount of plumbing only drives up the heat of already scorching air as it snakes its way into the motor.

I'm looking at the Steeda intake, seeing that it looks like a well put together piece and I'm sitting here thinking to myself "Y'know, self, if I were to buy one of those things at the dyno day, do one dyno run stock, and one with the Steeda CAI installed, it'd be great advertising for their product to the crowd at the BBQ, not to mention for their website"

I mean if the product installs as easily as Steeda indicates it does (and posters to FF.com seem to agree) then it should simply be a matter of dyno run #1, add the Steeda parts (with the help of any FC.net members willing to assist) and then dyno run #2 for the ultimate "Before & After" test.

What do you think?

NefCanuck
Sounds like a fine idea.
I'll give u a hand with that...good idea..also im going to do the same with the stock air box..
I ordered mine over 5 weeks ago and still havent recieved it....dangit lol I dont mind waiting but its been a while and its been promised to be on my doorstep on a certain date three times now and still isn't here....oh well. All good things come in time, i'm in no rush. Wow I am just rambling lol

Anyways I like your idea, I support
kind of what we are doing. baseline test and then to see what these guys at steeda are made of.
yeah Daniel... swapping out the intake is a cinch, I don't see any issues with that. I was going to find out what the status of the dyno is today so we can get it rescheduled asap.

Random... did you order your intake from Steeda.ca? If so, PM me the details and I'll see what I can do to speed up the process ;)
Very good idea.

CAi install will take 45 minutes. Thats perfect to wait between runs...
BrooksZX3,Aug 16 2005, 11:48 AM Wrote:yeah Daniel... swapping out the intake is a cinch, I don't see any issues with that.  I was going to find out what the status of the dyno is today so we can get it rescheduled asap.

Random... did you order your intake from Steeda.ca?  If so, PM me the details and I'll see what I can do to speed up the process ;)
[right][snapback]133089[/snapback][/right]

Quoting "Hannibal" Smith from The A-Team:

"I love it when a plan comes together"

As soon as we have firm dates then I gotta get in touch with the right people (if you know who they are that'd be a big help) so that we can pull this off, maybe even video record the install process B)

This is getting more and more interesting by the minute, that it is :D

NefCanuck