FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tuning...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was probably gonna get some tuning done on my car tommorow out at SHM...I was gonna talk to Sean first, but right now it looks like they can do some tuning for me with my current bolt ons, and remove my governor. They said that they use Diablosport tuning curves...wonder if this is worthwhile to me or not...they said they charge for dyno tuning by the flat shop labour rate.

Anyone have experience with Diablosport tuning, or with SHM doing this kind of work?
Drivesthebeast,Aug 14 2005, 03:59 PM Wrote:Anyone have experience with Diablosport tuning, or with SHM doing this kind of work?
[right][snapback]132621[/snapback][/right]

diablo in itself isnt bad, but I would stay as far as possible from $HM...

lots of people around here had very bad experience with them and no after sale support, acutaly, they got into fights..... :rolleyes:
Alright, but I've not really bothered buying much from them before...Either way, I know that they have a good rep with engine work, whether it be mechanical or management. I'm hoping that some tuning will get a bit more punch out of the car, and they can remove the govenor.

Got 2 other questions now...

1. Should I change my oil and use a Synthetic 5W20 for when the car is on the dyno, and then change it again afterwards.

2. With the minor bolt-ons and some tuning, should I be able to acheive between 110 and 120 hp or more @ the wheels? I'd be thrilled if I could get anywhere near the factory flywheel hp.

Thx
I'd install the cam gears b4 you jump on the dyno .. that way you can get them tuned aswell .. save some money from having to go back on the dyno later.

If you put the gears on the car .. and even the udp then i dont see why you wouldn't be around the 115 whp mark
Well, was at SHM again today...the tuning would have included a Diablosport chip, and some tuning with that installed, move my rev limiter higher, and deactivate my governor...but after I was told this would cost between $700 and $800, and combined with the camgears, and UDP's, I'd expect around another 10hp gain @ the wheels...so I decided to give myself a reality check, and realized the only way to make this car fast is FI...

Oh well, was worth a shot
FI or a full internal upgrade. But full internal upgrade would cost a hella lot more then FI and shop time would be insane.
Drivesthebeast,Aug 15 2005, 07:34 PM Wrote:Well, was at SHM again today...the tuning would have included a Diablosport chip, and some tuning with that installed, move my rev limiter higher, and deactivate my governor...but after I was told this would cost between $700 and $800, and combined with the camgears, and UDP's, I'd expect around another 10hp gain @ the wheels...so I decided to give myself a reality check, and realized the only way to make this car fast is FI...

Oh well, was worth a shot
[right][snapback]132888[/snapback][/right]

For that price you can go see Tapp Auto, get the SCT Xcalibur with Datalogging capabilities. Oh and that includes a dyno tune.

And you'll have some change leftover to. B)
with simple bolt-ons, there's not a lot of tuning you can do... with cam gears, you can get a bit more...

If you want to tune with just simple bolt-ons, I'd just go with an xcalibrator tune... you won't get much strapping it to a dyno and tuning it with a pretty much stock motor... all they're going to do is up the spark values, so just get one that has a higher octane tune (simple even for tuning noobs like myself).