FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Really Dumb Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a really dumb question, again. I changed the oil in my Focus, and have changed my "fuel provider" to Shell, using there nitrogen "flavoured" gasoline. I've noticed better fuel economy since I've done both of these items. The REALLY DUMB QUESTION is, is it the oil change, or the fuel, or both?
what oil do you use?
NikiterZTS,Jun 1 2009, 08:20 AM Wrote:what oil do you use?
[right][snapback]288528[/snapback][/right]
Mobil 1, 5W20
I'venoticed a leap forward in my fuel mileage too. When I did both but mostly it would be the oil... Though I always use V-Power and since using the new stuff with nitro its been great so hard to say really.
i think its oil as well. In wife's car when i chage the oil i notice the fuel mileage goes a little better.

As for fuel, mmmm it could be, also i could be bc of warmer temperatures too.
It's likely a combination of a bunch of things. It's unlikely on its own that the new Shell gasoline would make a noticeable difference.

However, when you add this along with an oil change, warmer weather that means less startup idling (but not warm enough to mean massive amounts of A/C use) yeah then I would think that you would see a noticeable difference.

NefCanuck
oldeguy,Jun 1 2009, 08:10 AM Wrote:I have a really dumb question, again. I changed the oil in my Focus, and have changed my "fuel provider" to Shell, using there nitrogen "flavoured" gasoline. I've noticed better fuel economy since I've done both of these items. The REALLY DUMB QUESTION is, is it the oil change, or the fuel, or both?
[right][snapback]288525[/snapback][/right]
Could also be a lighter right foot ? Or the outside temperature rising ? :)
change the fuel filter it will be even better
Well the warmer weather does do good...
Couple of days ago I was getting 300km per half tank and now I'm about 215km per half tank. <_<
Gabriel,Jun 1 2009, 02:26 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Jun 1 2009, 08:10 AM Wrote:I have a really dumb question, again. I changed the oil in my Focus, and have changed my "fuel provider" to Shell, using there nitrogen "flavoured" gasoline. I've noticed better fuel economy since I've done both of these items. The REALLY DUMB QUESTION is, is it the oil change, or the fuel, or both?
[right][snapback]288525[/snapback][/right]
Could also be a lighter right foot ? Or the outside temperature rising ? :)
[right][snapback]288567[/snapback][/right]
Foot's gotten heavier, and the fingers don't move so fast as before for the cruise button
I was joking about the foot , but serious about the weather . I drive a cargo van for work , during the summer , the fuel consumption is somewhere around 15.5-17 l/100km , but in the winter jumps to 20-23 l/100km
All of my Fords have done better with Synthetic oil and K&N filters or an AEM CAI...

Though the Escape probably yeilds the worst overall economy compared to the ZX3 or the Stang (at least in the city it's bad). Highway, best I've ever done was about 480+ km's on a tank.

This was with fresh oil and a mixed tank of 87 and Ultra 94 (the Ultra used to give it a good cleanout on the highway).

Might switch to royal purple, as Campbell Ford said they have and use it now if I want it instead of the Motorcraft Synthetic.