FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Removing Locking Lugs With No Key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay...

The focus needs to go into service tomorrow and I'm getting an oil change, tire rotate...etc.. but I have lost the key for the locking lugs...how do you get them off with no key?! Can the dealership get them off without a key!?

No..I'm not stealing rims!! I need to know if I should even waste my time or what I should do...
your dealer should have a master set.....just like many car thieves would for stealing rims :rolleyes:
FociBC,Aug 14 2005, 11:54 AM Wrote:your dealer should have a master set.....just like many car thieves would for stealing rims :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]132619[/snapback][/right]

Why would my dealer have a set??

Or do dealers have a universal set for alot of them//??
there actually isn't a master set of wheel lock keys................cus there is like 200 patterns. To get them off the dealer or what ever shop uses a metal bitting bit. Pretty much like a reverse drill bit. It cuts into the sides of the wheel lock and unscrews it that way. It doesn't really damage the wheel lock too much, and if you ever do find the wheel lock you can reuse them.

i had to get my wheel locks taken off this way earlier on this year. And yes about 2 days after i paid to have this done i found the wheel lock. But thats how it goes
brucktown,Aug 14 2005, 02:32 PM Wrote:there actually isn't a master set of wheel lock keys................cus there is like 200 patterns. To get them off the dealer or what ever shop uses a metal bitting bit. Pretty much like a reverse drill bit. It cuts into the sides of the wheel lock and unscrews it that way. It doesn't really damage the wheel lock too much, and if you ever do find the wheel lock you can reuse them.

i had to get my wheel locks taken off this way earlier on this year. And yes about 2 days after i paid to have this done i found the wheel lock. But thats how it goes
[right][snapback]132633[/snapback][/right]

SO, a ford dealership should have this equipment?
microbunny,Aug 14 2005, 06:39 PM Wrote:
brucktown,Aug 14 2005, 02:32 PM Wrote:there actually isn't a master set of wheel lock keys................cus there is like 200 patterns. To get them off the dealer or what ever shop uses a metal bitting bit. Pretty much like a reverse drill bit. It cuts into the sides of the wheel lock and unscrews it that way. It doesn't really damage the wheel lock too much, and if you ever do find the wheel lock you can reuse them.

[right][snapback]132633[/snapback][/right]

SO, a ford dealership should have this equipment?
[right][snapback]132636[/snapback][/right]

yeah if not crappytire does too
[Image: sumo%2B2nuts.small.jpg]

get a gator grip
most tire shops can fix this for you and still save the lock
nass,Aug 15 2005, 08:49 AM Wrote:[Image: sumo%2B2nuts.small.jpg]

get a gator grip
[right][snapback]132751[/snapback][/right]

yes :lol: goooo gator grip
Sweet deal..I found the key...

It was hiding in the glovebox behind my x-over and I musta just missed it..

OWN3d :lol:
Ford dealers DO have a master set of the key that ford sells and or comes installed factory for most fords. Just not spare tire lock for pick-ups (not that focus owners care about that). SO for future referance you can go to the dealer and get the locks removed, and sometimes if its just one wheel they won't charge you.. well nice dealers won't