FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Holy Crap! I'm Liking This Honda Big Time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
:o

[Image: honda-civic01.jpg]
[Image: honda-civic02.jpg]
[Image: honda-civic03.jpg]
Some one posted this on 306motorclub.com and I think 1 person liked it.

I think its hidous. Interior is sweet thow.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 13 2005, 07:11 PM Wrote:Some one posted this on 306motorclub.com and I think 1 person liked it.

I think its hidous.
[right][snapback]132538[/snapback][/right]

Wow, now I have even more reasons to like it.
you've been around anthony too much.. that is hideous
Ugly as sin, some of the interior bits are neat but ugly as sin

like something i pooped out after taco bell or something :blink:
Ugly as in it needs to be driven into a pole.

Its the lights. If there was a mesg grill in front to seperate it then in the rear and middle parts then it might look much better.
guages are cool, other than that it would look better wrapped around a pole, or with a F150 super duty parked on it's roof.
that looks like a frigin,...
:puke:
ZX3TUNR,Aug 14 2005, 12:11 AM Wrote:Some one posted this on 306motorclub.com and I think 1 person liked it.

I like it too andrew. the potential is there.
Hey when it comes to cars it is all a matter of taste. My taste in utility vehicles is a Sprinter van over a F-150. For sports cars a Maserati Coupe over a GT-40. For winter beaters anything Subaru over .............I don't even know what else to compare it with?

When it comes to cheap FWD commuter cars that Civic looks like freshest of the bunch to me.

What they've done with the lights is the same thing that tall and skinny people do, they wear stripes. I bet the Civic is taller than the already tall Focus yet looks squat and low. The visibility must be rightious.

In the year of "BIG GRILLS" (Chrysler 300 and clones, Audi/VW, NIssan and even Subaru) they have done the opposite and eliminated it altogether and you know what?, it works, WELL. Its is modern, different and everyone else will copy it. Why not, with better engines and cooling out there? With the tech out there why not make lights sliver thin yet just as effective like they have? That car is 20 years ahead of the Focus.

Putting the rear door handles where they did is genius. Looks like the antenna is integrated into the windshield (like my WRX) and a lot of other really quality touches. I think I see a start button to the left of the steering wheel; wouldn't be surprised if it had a proximity key. Flofocus could've used that feature.

It seems to good to be a mass production Civic? Maybe it will be the rumoured CRX revival?

My only question is what engines and "how much does it weigh?". I hope a lot of the body panels are aluminium. In a commuter sense a hybrid (like current Civic) would be awesome.
:lol:

I figured out why I "connect" with the wall to wall light look front and back! It looks sort of like an old dream car of mine.

The 1992-1997 Subaru SVX with a 260HP H-6 but unfortunately only in an autobox. They used to cost $40G in the 90's!

[Image: silver040.jpg]
[Image: silver035.jpg]

I've driven one, absolutely beautiful, belonged to the dad of an old female friend of mine.

You can get one for less than $5G now but it will have a couple light years worth of milage. NEWB's can learn more at:

http://www.subarusvx.com/index.html
I've got no issue with the front end or the interior. It's the car's ass that looks like, well, ass :blink: I can't remember the last car rear that made me instantly recoil like this one does...

NefCanuck
Wow

I own a Focus., loved it. enhanance it and I've tried so hard to defend it . You guys seem very close minded? That Civic owns FoMoCo (Detroit/Windsor?Oakvile) by decades.
I like that car. I'd get one.
2001 ZTS,Aug 13 2005, 10:48 PM Wrote:Wow

I own a Focus., loved it. enhanance it and I've tried so hard to defend it . You guys seem very close minded? That Civic owns FoMoCo (Detroit/Windsor?Oakvile) by decades.
[right][snapback]132579[/snapback][/right]
Hey you made your opinion on wat you think of the car. Now I think the rest of us are telling ours. Not everyone is gonna loveke the same things, that's just life.
I like that civic alot. Specially since its small, light .. and you will chances are be able to put any honda engine into it.

The interior is nice as well.

As for the SVX .. rare cars up here ... and ya ... most are in horrible shape/huge milage.... Spent like 3 months trying to help my friend track one down.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 13 2005, 08:11 PM Wrote:Some one posted this on 306motorclub.com and I think 1 person liked it.

I agree...

exterior is just awful...needs a front grill...ditch those fugly Acura-esque exhaust triangle things...is that some kind of rear spoiler? looks terrible.

on the positive side...overall shape is interesting...decent wheels (Honda usually sucks for wheels, IMHO), interior is quite nice except for the steering wheel which looks cheap as hell.

wouldn't be caught dead in one...the kids will love them though, I'm sure.

Andrew...I love the SVX too...freaky windows and all...but there's still a bit of a front grill on them so they're not as bad as the Honda ;) I didn't know they were only available in auto though...weird!

Whether I like or dislike any vehicle is dependant on the price.
I've taken a few looks at those pics, and I've come to the conclusion that this car is missing just one thing

niteshade
There were spy pictures of this civic floating around about 8 months ago. There was also a heavily modified version of this civic with bodykit and bigger rims that looked pretty cool. However, I thought it was supposed to be for the european market only.

Here is what I though the north american new civic was to look like:

[Image: 112_05_chicago_civicsi01_l.jpg]

Now, this is hawt.

More pictures here:

2006 NA civic?
Pages: 1 2