FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gm To File For Bankruptcy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssConsume...139857520090601

i feel sorry for the people losing jobs, but i have no pity for GM or Chrysler.
not trying to sound rude or un-caring but im so tired of hearing this, theyve been saying this for months upon months!

but chrystler being bought out by fiat might be a good thing
I'd buy one of these :D
[Image: fiat-grande_punto_abarth_2008_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg]
[Image: Fiat%20Grande%20Punto%20Abarth%20Turbo%206.jpg]
So, General Motors becomes Government Motors. The big losers are the employees and the stock holders. Magna buys Opel, which GM used to redesign all of Saturn's vehicles. Penske, from what I've been hearing, is looking to purchase the Saturn name and dealership network. Chrysler, being bought out by Fiat, an Italian company, which owns some very prestigious nameplate, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, but, Fiat itself from what I understand has some reliability issues.

Personaly, I'd be looking at a Ford Fiesta before a Fiat, or is that a Chrysler 500 Abarth?,or maybe it's the new Dodge Viper. :blink: :lol:
Magna re/Opel:

Quote:"We would import the cars and then it becomes a technology transfer for building them here. I think within a year and a half to two years we should be able to make everything in Canada."

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/643386
and so the last of the dominoes falls.

Funny thing, this morning on a local sports radio station (The Fan 590) the guest co-host of the morning show Vic Rauter (of TSN) went on an absolute tear during the business segment when the subject of GM being partially owned by the government now came up.

Typical rant & rave about throwing "good money after bad"

Shame that he seems to conviently forget that the owners of TSN (CTV) are in fact going cap in hand to the CRTC looking for their own "bailout" crying because cable companies have been carrying the over the air broadcasters signals and not paying for the "privledge" (Of carrying what? Signal substitued American crap?)

Do as I say, not as I do <_<

NefCanuck
Ford's been restructuring for years now... why not gm and chrysler?! Now so many people are being affected by their ignorance. I'm disappointed.
oldeguy,Jun 1 2009, 01:23 PM Wrote:but, Fiat itself from what I understand has some reliability issues.[right][snapback]288529[/snapback][/right]
So, its going to be the same Chrystler it has always been, nothing will change :P
it's too bad that GM is tossing the saturn line. I like a few of those Saturns -- especially the Sky...

and without Saab or Opel, they've pretty much canned all hopes of decent european heritage.
darkpuppet,Jun 2 2009, 02:29 PM Wrote:it's too bad that GM is tossing the saturn line.  I like a few of those Saturns -- especially the Sky...

and without Saab or Opel, they've pretty much canned all hopes of decent european heritage.
[right][snapback]288656[/snapback][/right]

Thing is though Puppet, unlike Ford who at least lets some of the European DNA shine through when they bring a car over here. GM has consistently neutured any car based on a European design to the point where its just another "GM Blandmobile" ™

Getting rid of Saab & Opel will allow GM to focus on their core mission...

Waitaminit what was that mission again :huh: :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 2 2009, 03:40 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 2 2009, 02:29 PM Wrote:it's too bad that GM is tossing the saturn line.  I like a few of those Saturns -- especially the Sky...

[right][snapback]288656[/snapback][/right]

Thing is though Puppet, unlike Ford who at least lets some of the European DNA shine through when they bring a car over here. GM has consistently neutured any car based on a European design to the point where its just another "GM Blandmobile" ™

Getting rid of Saab & Opel will allow GM to focus on their core mission...

Waitaminit what was that mission again :huh: :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]288659[/snapback][/right]

qft.