FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help...again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm stuck in farm town Winchester :angry:

My key wont freakin turn.....it goes in, comes fine.....just turn :angry:

I'm lucky to find a hot spot here and post this frommy pocket pc.

Icalled the towing (FRA), they came....but wont tow the car because they say its to low :rolleyes:

Any suggestions?
Sorry, don't know... however, I think its funny they won't tow cause its too low! Thats awesome. Not cause you can't get towed, just cause... yeah, you know what I mean... :lol:
I dont find it funny at all
last time I got into that kind of situation, I used my jack to jack the car up, put some boards underneath so they could get the bar underneath.

besides that, try wiggling the steering wheel, then wiggle it a bit harder... then try putting the key in and turning (so that you're applying turning pressure as you slide the key in.. can act like a lock pick if the pins are a tad out of alignment)
darkpuppet,Aug 12 2005, 02:33 PM Wrote:last time I got into that kind of situation, I used my jack to jack the car up, put some boards underneath so they could get the bar underneath.

besides that, try wiggling the steering wheel, then wiggle it a bit harder... then try putting the key in and turning (so that you're applying turning pressure as you slide the key in.. can act like a lock pick if the pins are a tad out of alignment)
[right][snapback]132288[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I've tried all that.

I'm going to try and call CAA, see if they can get a flat bed here.....maybe they will tow it.

Fawk. :angry: :angry:
A: Yes. it is kinda funny. But not in a laughing at you kinda was more of an ironic funny.

B: What is that town near?
Mason,Aug 12 2005, 02:37 PM Wrote:A: Yes. it is kinda funny. But not in a laughing at you kinda was more of an ironic funny.

[right][snapback]132291[/snapback][/right]

About an hour away from Ottawa
Mason,Aug 12 2005, 02:37 PM Wrote:A: Yes. it is kinda funny. But not in a laughing at you kinda was more of an ironic funny.

[right][snapback]132291[/snapback][/right]

I know where that is. Its near Russel... Half way between Ottawa and Cornwall.
^^-- another helpful post!

not sure what else to suggest...other than getting a locksmith out to help ya. But if they drill it out, and drill it out wrong, you could be replacing the whole steering wheel column.

Better to get a tow from someone who can think outside the box enough to tow it, and then raise hell with the dealership.
^^^^Here's another helpful post...

Rain for Winchester today

Sorry Nate, wish I could give you better advice on how to get her going. :(
Try vegetable oil on the key or some kind of lubricant that helped me out of a similar situation with my ZX3. Good Luck.

Laterz :)
Trust me.

You dont need to post to tell me its raining.

Im gonna try that vegetable oil thing.
Flofocus,Aug 12 2005, 03:09 PM Wrote:Trust me.

You dont need to post to tell me its raining.

Im gonna try that vegetable oil thing.
[right][snapback]132299[/snapback][/right]

after that, you can try turning the car upside down and giving it a shake.

if the pins fell and are a bit jammed, try the oil (use a LIGHT oil)... and then while turning the key, try hitting the column from the bottom... try and shake the pins , and hope the cylinder under tension catches them to allow you to turn the key.
If the pins are made of some sort of iron, maybe a good magnet connected to a paperclip could help reset the pins?

just a thought.
Flofocus,Aug 12 2005, 01:34 PM Wrote:I'm going to try and call CAA, see if they can get a flat bed here.....maybe they will tow it. 
[right][snapback]132289[/snapback][/right]

CAA has lots of flatbeds.

CAA is contracted by Subaru Canada as their roadside assistance program and ALL Subarus (since 1996) HAVE TO BE flat towed.
2001 ZTS,Aug 12 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 12 2005, 01:34 PM Wrote:I'm going to try and call CAA, see if they can get a flat bed here.....maybe they will tow it. 

CAA is contracted by Subaru Canada as their roadside assistance program and ALL Subarus (since 1996) HAVE TO BE flat towed.
[right][snapback]132305[/snapback][/right]

the beauty of allwheel drive.
Flofocus,Aug 12 2005, 02:32 PM Wrote:I dont find it funny  at all
[right][snapback]132287[/snapback][/right]

No, no... I meant, funny as in... it is TOO low to tow it, but not a funny situation. Trust me! I just never knew they couldn't tow TOO lowered cars.
darkpuppet,Aug 12 2005, 07:47 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Aug 12 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]132305[/snapback][/right]

the beauty of allwheel drive.
[right][snapback]132306[/snapback][/right]

you don't need a flat bed for AWD cars, they towed my car with a regular truck and put dollies on the rear tires. The driver actually said this style of towing is better for the car... who knows?

I did some work out in that area... yeah there is little to nothing out there I am surprised you even found a hot spot hah.

if it was me I would just jiggle the hell out of it and curse see if you can take the colum cover off and tap it with a screw driver?
Worst case you have to drill the cylinder out.....last resort before that. Take penetrating fluid and hose it in the cylinder. Then take your key and wiggle it in the cyl. back and forth and in and out. Flip the key and repeat, then lube again to try and free it. If no dice then your sol.....sorry bout your luck
nass,Aug 12 2005, 03:00 PM Wrote:you don't need a flat bed for AWD cars, they towed my car with a regular truck and put dollies on the rear tires. [right][snapback]132309[/snapback][/right]
OT: yes that works too. What car do you have that is AWD?

Subarus never need tows anyway! THAT'S the beauty part! :lol:
Pages: 1 2