FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Lexus, What Ya Think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"The IS 350 is powered by a high performance, high output 3.5-litre engine that delivers over 300 horsepower and 275 lb.ft. of torque, resulting in 0-60 mile/hour acceleration in under six seconds."

i like that, looks pretty good, almost BMWish, but wiht more flowing lines.

Very very nice... sad, my cousin just JUST bought an IS 300
remember that turbocharge IS300 that was owning all in that video posted up awhile ago?? imagine what they can do with a starting point of 300 hp :P
Its nice and all but what disapoints is that the only model with a manual is the RWD with the smaller engine.
Nice looking car, 200+hp on the 2.5L V6 is nice but they are getting into Subaru territory with the AWD and probably for allot more money than a similarly equiped Subaru. The 3.5L with 300+hp will be competition for the BMW 330 but it only comes with the 6spd autobox with the sequential shifter, the only place where a 6spd manual is offered is on the IS250rwd wich sounds like it will be the base model.

Other than that untill I can actually get into one and drive it I can't coment much further.

Laterz :)
2001 ZTS,Aug 12 2005, 09:38 AM Wrote:Its nice and all but what disapoints is that the only model with a manual is the RWD with the smaller engine.
[right][snapback]132150[/snapback][/right]
didnt see that, kinda dissapointed now :(
it looks boring, and there are other cars out there with similar if not better performance.

I so want a g35... well a g35x with two doors would be nice.
darkpuppet,Aug 12 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:I so want a g35... well a g35x with two doors would be nice.
[right][snapback]132156[/snapback][/right]

A friend of my dads picked up a g35x and brought us for a spin.

What a sweet ride.
Boring, Jap scrap made to look Euro, looks like a new 6 series crossed with a 06 VW
ewwwwwwwwww, its a mix of a acura tl and a new accord look wise, so blah I feel sick. :huh:
front end ...dont know exactly..but the side is definately Acura...the tail is VW...sad..I used to like that IS series..
I love this car company. Ford is going to kill me now.
meford4u,Aug 12 2005, 11:08 AM Wrote:I love this car company.  Ford is going to kill me now.
[right][snapback]132222[/snapback][/right]

*As Lightning strikes...er runs the fuktard down*
Shopping already Ol' Salty?
ANTHONYD,Aug 12 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:Shopping already Ol' Salty?
[right][snapback]132248[/snapback][/right]

Not at all but I'm always looking. I also prefer the Infinity G35.
2001 ZTS,Aug 12 2005, 01:04 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 12 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:Shopping already Ol' Salty?
[right][snapback]132248[/snapback][/right]

Not at all but I'm always looking. I also prefer the Infinity G35.
[right][snapback]132252[/snapback][/right]

Yes!

We discussed this at the camping trip as well.

The Infinity is a really nice car.

However, I have seen a suprising number of women driving it.
I have to go the the G35 as well. There are some really nice ones done up on on cardomain.com. And now they are pushin 280hp instead of the Accord matching 260.
It looks nice.
Raine,Aug 12 2005, 09:30 AM Wrote:Very very nice... sad, my cousin just JUST bought an IS 300
[right][snapback]132146[/snapback][/right]

you're cousin's is300 has a better engine. 2JZGE is the same base engine as on the supra. This engine has a potential of 1000hp
Pages: 1 2