FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: P51 Takes On Stangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
does he need soemthing to enable WMP to play AVI?? AVI Codec or somehting?? not sure i remmber dowloading that and then being able to watch AVI's
darkpuppet,Aug 12 2005, 09:02 AM Wrote:hate to be the wet blanket, but it's a tad bit wee short.. I would have liked to see the car go through the twisties :P

guess you shoulda been there then huh :P

truth is, I didn't have much memory left on the camera... remember, this was my still picture cam, not a video camera :rolleyes: oh, and it doesn't zoom in film mode... so you'd only see specs over at the twisties... you guys would say "it sucks, you can't see them" :angry: shut up and enjoy :ph34r: :lol:
next time you guys hit open track, let me know, I'll pack my video camera, and make a day of filming.
darkpuppet,Aug 12 2005, 02:25 PM Wrote:next time you guys hit open track, let me know, I'll pack my video camera, and make a day of filming.
[right][snapback]132168[/snapback][/right]

Sure thing, only problem is it's usually far away in the States.
P-51,Aug 12 2005, 10: Wrote:
darkpuppet,Aug 12 2005, 02:25 PM Wrote:next time you guys hit open track, let me know, I'll pack my video camera, and make a day of filming.
[right][snapback]132168[/snapback][/right]

Sure thing, only problem is it's usually far away in the States.
[right][snapback]132174[/snapback][/right]

with enough advanced warning, I could do a roadtrip.
yeah seriously, its like those mustange were standing still...

i gotta ditch my POS focus, and get a focus like that!
BrooksZX3,Aug 12 2005, 12:59 PM Wrote::D

DP  I didn't check the last transfer before I went to bed... I'll have to wait to get home this afternoon to send you the GT vid.  Thanks for hosting  B)
[right][snapback]132121[/snapback][/right]

this is what its telling me

Reason:
The Websense category "Uncategorized" is filtered. Access to this file is restricted. File type: Video.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
http://www.darkpuppet.com/movies/p51_smoking_stang.avi

dammm bastards,

Not bad, no offence i bet the foci is killer but it didn't look like the stangs were pushing it hard at the time, i couldn't hear any high v8 revs, they let the foci go.... but then i wasn't there and all
mo_focus,Aug 12 2005, 11:38 AM Wrote:this is what its telling me

Reason:
The Websense category "Uncategorized" is filtered. Access to this file is restricted. File type: Video.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
http://www.darkpuppet.com/movies/p51_smoking_stang.avi

dammm bastards,
[right][snapback]132210[/snapback][/right]

oh wow.. they have it cinched down tight, don't they?! Makes me want to write something to circumvent it, since it seems like a decent challenge.

can you download drivers from the internet? like .exe's or zip files?

I might have to zip this stuff up.
Crazirich,Aug 12 2005, 04:13 PM Wrote:Not bad, no offence i bet the foci is killer but it didn't look like the stangs were pushing it hard at the time, i couldn't hear any high v8 revs, they let the foci go.... but then i wasn't there and all
[right][snapback]132226[/snapback][/right]

Ok, finally saw the vid.

You're right to a certain extent.

I had just passed the red mustang, and caught up to the black mustang. As we came around that corner, the Mustangs were way slower than me so I was stuck. The thing I was doing to press the issue (because they often don't want to let a Focus pass because of ego), is I'd hug the inside, and come up to their passenger door and sit there, because you can't pass without a signal. Once I got the signal, foot to the floor, they let off a little and I go by. So, no they don't have it floored when I'm passing. However, I do have about 200fwhp and 2500lbs to their ~300 and 3500lbs. So they don't have to lift too much.

If the film continued, you'd see me leaving them behind through that turn. And no, I basically don't brake for the upcoming corner. I touch the brakes to set the car, but not enough to lose any speed, then turn in, then power back on to stabilize the car through the turn. That's one of the few turns with a wall, otherwise I would probably grab 4th at the end of the straight and not touch the brakes.

Regardless of the mustangs not flooring it on the straight, I was destroying them everywhere else. That's why I was faster, that's why they have to let me pass.
COOL
Cool but not that cool....
microbunny,Aug 13 2005, 03:43 PM Wrote:Cool but not that cool....
[right][snapback]132478[/snapback][/right]

Care to comment why?
P-51,Aug 13 2005, 01: Wrote:

Care to comment why?
[right][snapback]132491[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I do...

Your cars pimp, your fast as hell...and you show us one of the shittiest videos possible. Don't post another video until we can actually see the sweat dripping off the mustang owners faces as you blow by them.....There is no excuse to disrespect your car like that by shooting a vid from 500 yards away!!

That a good enough reason?

p.s. I blame darkpuppet...but you show us something better
microbunny,Aug 13 2005, 07:06 PM Wrote:

Care to comment why?

Yeah, I do...

Your cars pimp, your fast as hell...and you show us one of the shittiest videos possible. Don't post another video until we can actually see the sweat dripping off the mustang owners faces as you blow by them.....There is no excuse to disrespect your car like that by shooting a vid from 500 yards away!!

[right][snapback]132509[/snapback][/right]

Heh... OK. Sorry, but I didn't shoot the vid. I don't typically have the time to jack around with a camera on a trackday.

My brother got some vid, but I haven't seen it yet, he's in Ottawa and hasn't figured out how to send it to me.
P-51,Aug 13 2005, 03: Wrote:
microbunny,Aug 13 2005, 07:06 PM Wrote:

Care to comment why?

Yeah, I do...

[right][snapback]132509[/snapback][/right]

Heh... OK. Sorry, but I didn't shoot the vid. I don't typically have the time to jack around with a camera on a trackday.

My brother got some vid, but I haven't seen it yet, he's in Ottawa and hasn't figured out how to send it to me.
[right][snapback]132510[/snapback][/right]

No worries..post more when you can....I bet you thought I was gonna make some jerkass comment...didnt you!?!?
Rob just tell him to STFU next time...............

The weight to power ratio is pretty much the same maybe a little more in favour for the Focus since your probobly quoting 300 crank with a loss of say 25 hp thats 275rwhp. Not to say that those stangs may have some mods, but Im just guessing since I wasnt there........oh and not to mention the handling in the focus is only 5 times better then the mustangs.

Overall nice video it would be cool though if you could mount it some how in your car.
D-Dub,Aug 14 2005, 04: Wrote:Rob just tell him to STFU next time...............

[right][snapback]132652[/snapback][/right]

Why dont you come say that to my face bitch
shut up dont start s**t with me, I know you want to cause you do with everyone and whore the s**t out of the topic.

If you dont know the facts or the whole nature of the video then don't go off slamin it. Shooting the video 500 yards away is crazy. The video was shot maybe 80 yards max and the reason for that is is that you need to fit more of the track in, anyone can zoom in and follow the 3 cars, showing you an up close and personal pass would be kinda pointless, but this way you have a bigger perspective of what is happening.
D-Dub,Aug 14 2005, 04: Wrote:shut up dont start s**t with me, I know you want to cause you do with everyone and whore the s**t out of the topic.

If you dont know the facts or the whole nature of the video then don't go off slamin it. Shooting the video 500 yards away is crazy. The video was shot maybe 80 yards max and the reason for that is is that you need to fit more of the track in, anyone can zoom in and follow the 3 cars, showing you an up close and personal pass would be kinda pointless, but this way you have a bigger perspective of what is happening.
[right][snapback]132657[/snapback][/right]

K, first off, go fuk yourself...

and second...actually thats it...just go fuk yourself
Pages: 1 2 3