FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Deck Is Gone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i went out to my car this afternoon only to find that my deck that was only like 4-5 months old was gone. Not so impressed. The real kicker of the deal is that i have a $1000 deductable on the car, and the deck is only worth 800 or so, so basically i can't even make a claim. On top of that the deck was stolen out of my car while it was parked in my driveway. That really bothers me, the one place i think my car is safe, it gets broken into. I know there's really not much i can do. I called the cops, i just really needed to vent.
Shitty dude. Insurance companies are useless garbage. :angry:

I understand ThraxXx has got a new deck and maybe he might sell his old Alpine deck if you're interested.
At this point i'm kinda bummed out. I've actually considered selling the whole car and just buying something low key. Leave it totally stock. Not really what i want to do and hopefully after a few days of relaxation and such this weekend i'll change my mind but this thing has just sorta made me question the point of sinking any money into the car.

As for insurance companies, i'm a lil bitter towards them right now.
Shitty news dude. Hope you get a speedy resolution
I hate hearing things like this, seeing as I just bought a new deck.
that totally sucks man .. i hope the cops are able to help out

I hate to sound like an ass, but was the car locked?
Welcome to the Hammer!

I'm kidding!

Sorry to hear man. I hope you find a good replacement.
1000 dollar deductible?!?! Wow, do you have like super shitty insurance record or did you just jew out to the max to try and save a few pennies here and there..?
ZOOM,Aug 11 2005, 11:48 PM Wrote:1000 dollar deductible?!?! Wow, do you have like super shitty insurance record or did you just jew out to the max to try and save a few pennies here and there..?
[right][snapback]131934[/snapback][/right]

Exactly. When did Tony and I start agreeing on crap.

It's your insurance and you have the choice to have 1000 deductible or 100 deductible. You obviously picked the cheaper route and now you have to pay for your decision/or lack of.

It's shitty that someone stole your deck, but let me ask this. Was your car locked and windows up? Do you own an alarm. Might be a future investment in a good alarm there.

It's a tough lesson to learn. But if your going to be foolish and not cover your assets, you can get burned by the thieves of the world.

Again, sorry to hear you got pimped.
Sorry to hear about that man, on a different note, my good friend Frank left his car parked on his driveway at nite time, with the doors locked and everything, when he woke up in the morning to go to his car, the glovebox was opened, stuff was all over the place, and the radio was........ taken out of the dash and placed on the passenger seat with all the wires sticking out. Strangely, they didnt steal his deck nor did they take anything in the car? maybe they were looking for something worth a little more? who knows.
For the record the doors were locked, and the windows were up. As for the insurance deductable, 1) its not my insurance unfortunately, the car and insurance are in my mom's name it was cheaper at the time, she decided to have the high deductable, 2) As for an alarm, if and its really a big if at this point, if i put another deck in the car an alarm is a given.

my car was in my building's underground garage, and some knuckleheads stole my headunit (only half of it, leaving the part that makes it work behind), the PS2, smashed my window AND did a job on ruining my radio surround.

t'was a shitty day indeed.

but chin up.. get an alarm, and rebuild.
Oh my. So sorry to hear that! My best friend's eagle talon has been broken into three times, and stereo stolen twice. I've had my car broken into too (my old one) and all my CDs were missing...

So sorry! :(
I hate hearing about things like this.... but I guess it is a fact of life.
Costly lesson in the end.
Thats why the cos is always right. I'd bet he'd have some words of encouragement. Sorry to hear about your deck man. I think it happens to all of us at least once... sadly.. The next mod you need to get is flamethrowers that come up both sides of your car.

01-yellow-ZX3

habmann,Aug 11 2005, 04:56 PM Wrote:At this point i'm kinda bummed out. I've actually considered selling the whole car and just buying something low key. Leave it totally stock. Not really what i want to do and hopefully after a few days of relaxation and such this weekend i'll change my mind but this thing has just sorta made me question the point of sinking any money into the car.

[right][snapback]131913[/snapback][/right]

No offence dude, but your car is stock and lowkey as it is.
I had an old beater 1994 cavalier, went out one morning and the stereo was gone.....I'm like it was a freakin tape deck!!!!!

They don't care, they steal anything they can! My car was litterally 10feet from my open bedroom window while I was sleeping......and they still got away with it.....
Ya the fact that it is pretty low key is what bothers me too. If it doesn't attract attention now, what happens if i start to put more money into it? The thing is that i live in a court so its not like it was someone that was just walking by, i'm thinking someone knew there was a system in it, and came after my car. So for the next lil while, its back to a stock steroe for now. At least the amp and subs were left alone.

Thanx for all the words of support.
01-yellow-ZX3,Aug 11 2005 Wrote:
habmann,Aug 11 2005, 04:56 PM Wrote:At this point i'm kinda bummed out. I've actually considered selling the whole car and just buying something low key. Leave it totally stock. Not really what i want to do and hopefully after a few days of relaxation and such this weekend i'll change my mind but this thing has just sorta made me question the point of sinking any money into the car.

[right][snapback]131913[/snapback][/right]

No offence dude, but your car is stock and lowkey as it is.
[right][snapback]132070[/snapback][/right]

I concur......Lesson learned... Btw I didn't noticed if you had mentioned if it had a faceplate or not....
first thing you need to do is lower that deductable.

1000 bucks is brutally high. lower even to say 500. Only way in hell I'd have a 1000 buck deduc. would be if I had been at fault for like 5 different write offs...
Pages: 1 2