FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Where Can I Get Good Insurance Rates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I checked out RBC Insurance cuz that's my current. But only as an occassional/secondary on my Dads car. So it's his policy. I asked for a quote on a 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo, got $5200. Ok, so I ask for one on a '02 ZX3, got $5700. Ok. I asked, what if I lived outside of the city, and gave a postal code, and my insurance rates all dropped like $2000.

So, since I don't actually have the option of moving... what company can I goto to try and get better rates, cuz those are f**king rediculous.

Single
Male

I'm expecting higher rates, but not $4700 for a 1995 Geo Metro (yes, I quoted one of those too just to see).

So the base rate RBC is going to give me seems to be $4700... oh and that's with nothing, just base coverage.
when i moved from mississauga to elmvale (small town of only 1500) i expected my insurance to drop like60-70$ a month .... to my suprise it only changed $10 a month ... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

try pilot insurance .. they were the cheapest for me when i was looking .. just make sure your record is clear or else they probably won't even look at you being so young
When I was in Mississauga, my insurance as an occassional driver was $1000/yr... moving across the river (almost quite literally) my insurance went to $1800. When I was in the country, Tottenham, occassional driver was $800/yr. So Mississauga is pretty cheap, so it would seem... compared to Toronto (Etobicoke).

I wonder if where I live is like high crime or something... cuz I don't see alot of accidents... then again, maybe all the people who live around me get into accidents, just not near their home.

Though one lady in the building has always had this big dent in the side of her Honda Accord.

Anyway, I'll check 'em out.

Oh, and yeah, my driving record is clean.
insurancehotline.com says $3010/yr for a 1990 Toyota Supra Turbo... and $3051 for a 1995 Geo Metro... better prices! (I think these are from Perth Insurance).