FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help With Msn Messenger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My company uses Websence enterprise, does anyone know how i can bypass this guys and get my MSN messenger to work, it does not allow me to log on and it gives me 80072efd error code.

Help me please

Thanks Mo
mo_focus,Aug 11 2005, 10:42 AM Wrote:My company uses Websence enterprise, does anyone know how i can bypass this guys and get my MSN messenger to work, it does not allow me to log on and it gives me 80072efd error code.

Help me please

Thanks Mo
[right][snapback]131561[/snapback][/right]

http://www.emessenger.com

Same thing as MSN but you dont have to download anything...
Melanie_L,Aug 11 2005, 11:54 AM Wrote:http://www.emessenger.com
[right][snapback]131574[/snapback][/right]
GOOD CALL!!
its all web based
Sounds like they blocked the messenger port, you can try and change it in your prefs but that software could have shutdown all the open ports that Windows leaves on by default.

my.2

Laterz :)
ZX5focused,Aug 11 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:
Melanie_L,Aug 11 2005, 11:54 AM Wrote:http://www.emessenger.com
[right][snapback]131574[/snapback][/right]
GOOD CALL!!
its all web based
[right][snapback]131579[/snapback][/right]

Oups...
Its might be
emessenger.net

;) sorry
is emessenger the same as webmessenger?
I too had trouble signing in this morning.

It went after a few trys.
emessenger.net
emessenger.com
and webmessenger are all blocked, i cant get any of them, i know there was a site while back u could of used your MSN signin name, does anyone remember that, it would collect all your names from yahoo, msn, and AOL and u could only use one site
mo_focus,Aug 11 2005, 10:38 AM Wrote:emessenger.net
emessenger.com
and webmessenger are all blocked, i cant get any of them, i know there was a site while back u could of used your MSN signin name, does anyone remember that, it would collect all your names from yahoo, msn, and AOL and u could only use one site
[right][snapback]131632[/snapback][/right]

Just so you do know, your company monitors every single website you go to so if you got the 'hand' for messenger and those sites, they will know your trying to bypass their internet rules.....

Be careful.....

They use that same program here at the government and I know for a fact that it keeps logs of what your doing, I've gotten s**t before so I know......
thanks for the heads up S2, i tried everything and i just give up. i got a new laptop and it was good until 2day. so i guess they have figured i'm using MSN and they just blocked it off. No biggie. i guess i have to get back to work :)

blah, was trying to use this just now.... unfortunately (any why am i not surprised) it doesn't work here because this is a linux shop. oh well..

*goes and plays more mahjongg*
S2,Aug 11 2005, 12:45 PM Wrote:
emessenger.com

Just so you do know, your company monitors every single website you go to so if you got the 'hand' for messenger and those sites, they will know your trying to bypass their internet rules.....

Be careful.....

They use that same program here at the government and I know for a fact that it keeps logs of what your doing, I've gotten s**t before so I know......
[right][snapback]131641[/snapback][/right]

Are you still here?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ANTHONYD,Aug 11 2005, 01:05 PM Wrote:
S2,Aug 11 2005, 12:45 PM Wrote:
emessenger.com

Be careful.....

Are you still here?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[right][snapback]131769[/snapback][/right]

Unlike you guys I actually TRY to help people on this site and not spend all day talking out my ass.......

Another reason why MSN is probably blocked cause it's so embedded into Windows XP. Try something like Yahoo Messenger as I know for sure that one isn't blocked on Webscence.
next thing to try... do you have a proxy server configured to reach the internet at work? Sometimes MSN doesn't always pick up the IE settings (as it normally should) and manually configuring it can help.

go into IE, Internet Options, Tools, Connections

then click on the Advanced button.

if there's a proxy setting for HTTP, grab it, we're going to use this...

Then go into MSN, goto Tools, Options, then select Connections.

then go Advanced Settings. Make sure TCP is deselected at the top, and that they're all deselected, except for HTTP at the bottom.. Select that one enter in the hostname and port you found in IE, and test it.

(which gets me thinking) ...now, considering that MSN can proxy through HTTP (port 80), I don't think it would be too hard to find (or write for that matter) a simple proxy application to run on your local machine to funnel MSN traffic via HTTP.
darkpuppet,Aug 11 2005, 07:39 PM Wrote:next thing to try... do you have a proxy server configured to reach the internet at work?  Sometimes MSN doesn't always pick up the IE settings (as it normally should) and manually configuring it can help.

go into IE, Internet Options, Tools, Connections

then click on the Advanced button.

if there's a proxy setting for HTTP, grab it, we're going to use this...

Then go into MSN, goto Tools, Options, then select Connections.

then go Advanced Settings.  Make sure TCP is deselected at the top, and that they're all deselected, except for HTTP at the bottom.. Select that one enter in the hostname and port you found in IE, and test it.

(which gets me thinking) ...now, considering that MSN can proxy through HTTP (port 80), I don't think it would be too hard to find (or write for that matter) a simple proxy application to run on your local machine to funnel MSN traffic via HTTP.
[right][snapback]131787[/snapback][/right]

Holly Crap

I think i would just go out and use the public phone to talk rather then trying to set up this MSN thing u are telling me. Sorry man, u can ask me to take an engine apart and i will do it, but the second you start talking about HTTP and TCp i get lost. All i could read was just GEEK GEEK GEEK :)

thanks for the help but i think this is one battle that i let head office win.
i believe the all-in-one program your refereing to is Trillion .. and as far as i know there isn't a web based version of it
S2,Aug 11 2005, 12:45 PM Wrote:Just so you do know, your company monitors every single website you go to so if you got the 'hand' for messenger and those sites, they will know your trying to bypass their internet rules.....

Be careful.....

Not if you VPN into your home computer and run it remotely... just as long as they dont block Remote Administration/Remote Access