FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Did You Spend Your Saturday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So today I went down with the SVTOA Toronto branch for a Test & Tune Day to see what the Fusionator could do.

Arrived @ the track, honestly I figured if I could at least come near what a stock '08 Fusion AWD traps at, I'd be thrilled, as I've never drag raced this car and the last time I was out dragging with the Focus was '07.

15.5s is the number that Car & Driver reported for an '07 SE level 6 cyl, so I'm guesstimating the extra glitz & weight of the SEL trim & AWD pushes that to near 16s.

Managed a 15.974 as my best without blowing the light, also hit 15.776 but that was during bracket racing and I blew the staging light, losing to a 4cyl Mustang :ph34r:

Most fun you can have with your clothes on in your car IMO. The car ran hard as I could push it but needed to cool down after every run with the Steeda SRI (tried to run two back to back runs, similar times but the car was a good half second slower the second go round, cooled the car down for 30 minutes with the hood up and the ET dropped back down)

NefCanuck
Dan what were your 60' ?

Your car shouldn't be "over heating" like that after each run btw

At least you had fun
Had a BBQ, cooked lots of food, enough to fead an army, Italian Sausages, BBQ Ribs, Chicken breast, Pasta, Deserts, pleanty of bottles of Wine and beer, and some shots of crown royal, sambuca, and centerba

Can't have a BBQ/Dinner party without music, so we tuned into 104.5 at arround 10 to hear my main man DJ C-Lo on the ayir. If anyone wants any of his Mixtape, lmk cus I have a few left. Too bad these left overs from the BBQ will be gone by tomorrow.

NefCanuck,May 30 2009, 09:51 PM Wrote:a 4cyl Mustang :ph34r:
i had no idea they even made those.
Spinal,May 31 2009, 12:44 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 30 2009, 09:51 PM Wrote:a 4cyl Mustang :ph34r:
i had no idea they even made those.
[right][snapback]288494[/snapback][/right]
Fox body style.

They also did make 4 cyl turbo mustangs
NikiterZTS,May 31 2009, 12:38 AM Wrote:Dan what were your 60' ?

At least you had fun
[right][snapback]288489[/snapback][/right]

I think what he's reffering to is heat soak, not really overheating, but it'll make a difference on the 1/4.

I have the steeda SRI also and in playing around with my data logging a week ago I saw intake charge temps increase by 30*F+ while sitting still on a cool evening. I can only imagine what those temps will jump to on a hot day sitting in a line of cars (all hot) on some sun baked tarmac.

-George
these track day thingys do u have to always participate? or can you just go and watch?

The reason I ask is that sometimes I only have access to my beater car, that thing is not made to do track times, so can i just pull out a lawn chair and watch? how much are these things anyawy? do u gotta pay for them?
I was taking my ODP card course and writing exams.
paolo,May 31 2009, 02:32 PM Wrote:these track day thingys do u have to always participate? or can you just go and watch?

The reason I ask is that sometimes I only have access to my beater car, that thing is not made to do track times, so can i just pull out a lawn chair and watch? how much are these things anyawy? do u gotta pay for them?
[right][snapback]288509[/snapback][/right]

You can spectate at TMP, but it'll cost you ten bucks to do that.

NefCanuck
NikiterZTS,May 30 2009, 11:38 PM Wrote:Dan what were your 60' ?

At least you had fun

Best 60' was 2.415

Yeah, just realized later that I managed to make myself into a total "red neck" :ph34r:

Didn't think the sun was that strong... dopey me :P

NefCanuck
I spent my Sat baking and cutting.... No, not what your thinking lol. Next Monday you'll see some changes.
NefCanuck,May 31 2009, 07:52 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,May 30 2009, 11:38 PM Wrote:Dan what were your 60' ?

At least you had fun

Best 60' was 2.415

Yeah, just realized later that I managed to make myself into a total "red neck" :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]288516[/snapback][/right]

hmm 2.4'

Does awd actually kick in at this point or you front wheels don't slip at all?
NikiterZTS,Jun 1 2009, 08:41 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 31 2009, 07:52 PM Wrote:Best 60' was 2.415

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]288516[/snapback][/right]

hmm 2.4'

Does awd actually kick in at this point or you front wheels don't slip at all?
[right][snapback]288542[/snapback][/right]

The way I understand the Ford system is that 95% of the power goes to the front wheels during normal operation and that its only when the computer detects slippage that the computer connects and transfers power to the rear diff on a more agressive basis.

So, in theory, during a hard launch with the weight transfer to the rear, the rear wheels would in fact have to do some work, though I'm not sure what the percentages would be (and I'd have no idea how you could measure something like that on the Ford system)

NefCanuck