FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Hate My Job.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sitting here.. bored out of my mind. can only play mahjong for so long before your eyes glaze over, and looking at the job websites only goes so far.

These people just irritate me. I'm sure others who work in a call center can feel my pain.

They're absolute morons. "click on start".. "I don't have a start button".. for the mac side.. "click the apple".. "there isn't one". of course there is. open your eyes.

"what program do you use for your email?" (they're calling in with an email problem). "I don't know"
HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?

"I don't have any icons on my desktop, only my keyboard, mouse, and coffee cup (or whatever)".

I work for a dialup ISP... this one came in a while ago.. totally baffled my mind. The customer needs a number to dial up to. ok fine, i give the number. she calls back. the prefix of her phone number didn't match the dialup number.. SO SHE CHANGED IT. and wonders why she can't connect.

And just dealing with Windows and Macintosh in general just makes the baby jesus cry.

Ok I feel a little better now. the job search is definately in high gear now.
lol sounds like a blast! I did some tech support many years ago and I can recal the frustrations of first teaching somebody what the mouse is... ughh, the rest is gonna be painful!
lol, try running User acceptance testing seminars with users that havent been trained on a system. UAT's (User Acceptance testing) is suppose to be done by the super users...you know the creme de la creme of users....the best ones of the group....ususally trainers or coaches.

We give the users about 60 days to go threw the testing scenarios and were VERY clear that when you enter UAT you must be trained prior to testing. How can you test if your not trained?

So I just found out the UAT I'm running next week in Montreal, I will have 2 brand spaken new users. :rolleyes: They insist they've been trained but I know when I get there and show them there test scenario, there gona say

"I wasnt trained on that"

:rolleyes:
torradan,Aug 11 2005, 09:21 AM Wrote:And just dealing with Windows and Macintosh in general just makes the baby jesus cry.

[right][snapback]131511[/snapback][/right]

THAT IS GOLD
I work for a call center as well. I do internet tech support so trust me bud...I feel your pain.

here are the top 10 things in my job that have driven me to pick up the dirty habit of smoking with hope that one day my heart will explode and end my existence.

10. Asking the customer what windows they have and they respond "office 97"

9. Asking the customer for their phone number and they sit their going "ummm...uh....argh....". This one happends alot

8. When the drunk guys call in all drunk and can't even speak let alone type or see the screen. Yeah they are super fun to deal with.

7. When your customer decides teh best time to call you is when they have a screaming baby on their lap. I have hung up on a bunch of these already

6. When customers decide to wear their pinhole glasses which allow them to only see 1cm of the screen at a time.

me "click on start"
them "I don't see start"
me "its in the bottom left hand corner"
them "nope...its not there.....oh wait...ok I found it!"
me *click, BANG!!!! thudd!*

5. When the customer insists that we have this magical switch that allows us to disconnect them. Yeah...they be dumb.

4. When the customer calls in and says "hi, I am completely computer retarded and I don't know what I am doing"...no s**t numb nuts, why do you think you are calling me...dork.

3. When you ask for the customer to restart their computer and they have no clue how to do it. So you give them the run down on how to shut down and they are lost. Really makes you wonder "so how do you shut it down normally..forget it...i don't wanna know".

2. When they mistake the names for their computer components. Monitor is the computer, computer is the hard drive, the mouse becomes the pointer thingy and the keyboard is a typewriter. Yep urge to take my own life grows fast.

1. When the customer calls in and can speak perfect english, yet they want to speak to a french tech and the tech they got is english and the tech they got has to pass them to me because I am the only french tech. When I talk to the customer I discover that their operating system is in english and their french sux hardcore. Yep...that pisses me off the most. Just means more work for me and less work for the rest of them....oh and I don't get paid more for being bilingual...I just get the privs to help the dumbest flock of customers ever hatched.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
torradan,Aug 11 2005, 10:21 AM Wrote:I'm sitting here.. bored out of my mind.  can only play mahjong for so long before your eyes glaze over, and looking at the job websites only goes so far.

These people just irritate me.  I'm sure others who work in a call center can feel my pain.

And just dealing with Windows and Macintosh in general just makes the baby jesus cry.

Ok I feel a little better now.  the job search is definately in high gear now.
[right][snapback]131511[/snapback][/right]

Did the call centre thing for a year back in 01-02 as a secondment to my regular job here at the legal clinic (They wanted tech savvy clinic users to deal with clinic users problems).

Tech support is bad enough, but imagine tech support with LAWYERS! It was like trying to convince a dead person that they were really dead :blink:

Me: What error message are you getting when you try to print a document?

Them: What error message? I need this document for hearing in 15 minutes FIX IT!

Me: ... When is my year up again? <_<

NefCanuck
I do some tech support here and it all comes down to one thing.

THEY ARE ALL PEBCAK'S.

Laterz :)
K_OS,Aug 11 2005, 11:55 AM Wrote:I do some tech support here and it all comes down to one thing.

THEY ARE ALL PEBCAK'S.

Laterz :)
[right][snapback]131577[/snapback][/right]

LOL Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard. Man so haven't heard that in a while.

I like the ID ten T errors. ID10T

I once asked the customer what POS they were running. They said "excuse me?"..and me with my wits responded "Personal Operating System"...Save!
LMAO thraxx......... and I though my top ten was bad.
Frost__2001,Aug 11 2005, 12:43 PM Wrote:LMAO thraxx......... and I though my top ten was bad.
[right][snapback]131637[/snapback][/right]

Trust me...we deal with the north. I could have made it a top 25.
lol I have a listing of 100, all about tim horton's customers
Frost__2001,Aug 11 2005, 12:53 PM Wrote:lol I have a listing of 100, all about tim horton's customers
[right][snapback]131652[/snapback][/right]
post it up, its a slow day!!
I would but I don't have the time I have to go out and get ready for the camping trip, and meet up with meford4u about buying something.... I'll have to post it when i get back though.....
I work in retail, but we get the people that come back with cell phones or digital boxes, yadda yadda yadda...

"My phone won't work"
"Okay, what about it isn't working?"
"I try to make a call, but it won't dial"
"Alrite, lemme take a look at it **dials the stores phone number, store's phone rings** Seems to be working fine Miss"
"What did you do??"
"I dialed the store's phone number miss..."
"What's the number"
**give her the number**
"See! It's not working!"
"Um... you have to hit the green button, Miss"
"WHAT GREEN BUT- this green button?"
"Yes miss"
"Oh my god. You know what, take it back"
"Why?"
"It's too complicated for me"

did you work that out all on your own? fukin genius
bwahahaha.

and thats why i enjoy being offline support.

barley any talking to customers for me...