FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Input Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking at getting a new bike this week I have it narrowed down to these following bike

specialized Rockhopper Pro disc 2009

Trek 6700

trek6500

kona Big Kahuna

Test drove them all leaning towards the rockhopper pro smooth fast light bike

Will be used for light trail and rec riding not a weekend warrior.......yet

:lol:
DD1,May 30 2009, 03:42 PM Wrote:I am looking at getting a new bike this week I have it narrowed down to these following bike

specialized Rockhopper Pro disc 2009

Trek 6700

trek6500

kona  Big Kahuna

Test drove them all leaning towards the rockhopper pro smooth fast light bike

Will be used for light trail and rec riding not a weekend warrior.......yet

:lol:
[right][snapback]288470[/snapback][/right]

Rocky Mountain makes really nice bike, they cost a bit more but they are great.
I had a Specialized stump jumper back in the day and it was a good bike as well.
I've always been a big brodie fan! If you're just getting into it though, pick whatever is comfortable for you and read some reviews on the component groups to make sure there are any lemon parts on it.
thanks guys

this is the bike I am 90% sure on

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkM...khopper&eid=107
pick which bike feels comfortable for you and the components that fit the price to start with.

The one you have picked out is pretty nice, I really like the 29er wish I would have pick one of them up
I hate to say this, but you're probably better going with the specialized -- especially over the Kona.

Kona is still using 4 link suspension designs, but DW-Link and short link bikes can perform much better in varied terrain.

Puppet are you talking about rear suspension? He's looking at all hardtails
Forget the bike.

Go ride your ex for a while.

You'll get tired of that real quick and save a few bucks in the mean time.

For beer.
The one you're looking at looks good. My KHS is 12 years old and is still performing great. The gears are all different now but I made sure I got the best rear and second best front derailers. Been up and down Kelso tracks many times and have flown through the air into trees more than once. I may be getting old and hurt but a good quality bike lasts much better.
I was going to say you don't want a rear suspension, but it looks like you already knew that.
i vote for the specialized.
FocusGuy7476,May 31 2009, 10:23 PM Wrote:Puppet are you talking about rear suspension? He's looking at all hardtails
[right][snapback]288518[/snapback][/right]

whoops.. I just assumed... didn't realize he was so poor :P

nice to see someone actually buying a hard tail -- the kona hardtails are very well appointed for the prices -- the Kona Blast would be one of my top choices (and in fact, what I got my girlfriend).

There's usually more disparity with FS ride quality than hard tails... so any ol' hardtail should be fine if the cost is north of $500
got the rockhopper pro 1500 with taxes out the door rides like a dream lots of lightweight thinking into this brest