FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: May Have To Sell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those who don't know I am separating and may have to sell or at least set a value for the Focus. At either rate I won't need two cars, don't want to insure two cars and always hated the fact that I had to buy a Focus with an automatic transmission.

The milage is 65,000, automatic, leather and I'd likely put the stock wheels back on and sell the winter wheels and OZ wheels separately. I will not be parting out the mods which are:

Engine:

-Focusport “Street” header.
-K&N panel filter.
-Focus Central spark plug cover.
-Adjustable cam gears, Unorthodox Racing
-Ford Racing camshafts, “street grind”
-AFX underdrive pulley and belt
-Focusport “Stealth” exhaust (2-1/4”) ceramic coated (2004)
-Billet aluminium oil cap
-SVT Focus intake

Suspension:

-Focusport front stress bar.
-Focus SVT: struts F/R, springs F/R, bump
stops F/R and rear sway bar. (2005)

Wheels/Tires/Brakes

-A/S’s: OEM 16” alloy wheels with Firestone Firehawk 205/50R16 tires.
-Winter: 15” Ford (Europe) Mondeo steel wheels with 185/65R15 Nokian Hakka 1 tires.
-Summer: 17” OZ SuperLeggera wheels, 215/45R17 Falken tires
-stainless steel brake lines at all corners
-new front brakes (2003)

Exterior:

-2002 MACH Edition Focus HID Xenon Headlamps.
-1998 Ford (Europe) RS Edition Focus upper and lower stainless steel mesh grills.
-Upgraded (55W vs. 35W) “Yellow Gold” foglight bulbs.
-Ford Europe taillights with amber turn signals and rear fog lamps.
-Chrome door handles.
-“debadged” trunk

Interior:

-auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass and outside temperature.
-Motorola 3W cell phone hardwired to car, transceiver mounted in trunk.

I would be able to take a few months to sell. My target buyer would be someone who already has a nice/expensive car and wants to buy a second car for winter or for the wife that may not be a BMW but still repsectable looking and the buyer may even appreciate my good taste in mods. Maybe a Mustang owner who needs a commuter car?

My milage is BETTER than stock yet it is faster/better in every measure. I got "zero" on my last emmision test BTW, it's clean and green, stock cat in stock location.

Where should I start and where should I stand firm?

If a "regular" here is intersted it would be the same price we come up with here but you would get all 3 sets of wheels no charge.

Pictures here (green sedan):

http://www.team-socal.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2161
best of luck selling it man...
I don't normally care if somebody is finally selling their shitbox... but yours was genuinely nice... good luck selling Andrew.
good luck!
i need those wheels to go with my wrc look ... i'll trade you for my 5zigen 17"wheels
Help me out with a price guys!

I see dealer ads on AutoTrader for "normal" SE Focus with same milage that are pretty high IMO but I'd love a peice of that pie.

Since time is not a big issue I'd love to see what bites at $14,999 and settle for something less. Why not, dealers are seriously asking that much for same milage but 1 or 2 years younger.

I know it is CRAZY high but it's not much higher than a dealer would charge, there is the PST saving and there is bound to be someone else out there who could be temporarily "blinded" by gadgets like HID and chrome. Not to mention it is now pretty quick, handles like a champ and I'm saying that from a WRX perspective.

Quite frankly to many in this town the difference between 12 and 15 is just not a lot of money. I just need to attract those people.

I'll get the bunny to detail it before I start the sale too.

The trick will be to get them to call. Once they see, drive and hear it they will be putty.
Ithink the car will sell itself you those number + you have time right ;)

01-yellow-ZX3

Seperating from your wife? Sorry to hear bro.
01-yellow-ZX3,Aug 10 2005 Wrote:Seperating from your wife?  Sorry to hear bro.
[right][snapback]131389[/snapback][/right]

I concur....

as for the value you of your car........Bring it to the dealer and you will only get what the books sell it for regardless of what you put on the car.

just imagine how hard it is for a dealer to sell a modded car.. average foci owner does not mod the car.

Your best bet is to part the bitch out and make some money off the part that are currently on your car. BOTTOM LINE get it back to stock then sell it..at least the best you can get it to stock
I've got the Subaru, there is no way in hell I'd go near a dealer. Time is on my side, I just need to find the right buyer. Basically someone else like me.
hmmm
my sis needs a car pretty soon, i could take this and swap all the parts onto my car and give her a stock focus...... B)
PART IT OUT! Just let us whore the parts off it...c'mon you know you want to do it........
hardk0re,Aug 10 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote:PART IT OUT!  Just let us whore the parts off it...c'mon you know you want to do it........
[right][snapback]131417[/snapback][/right]

Correction, he knows we want him to do it. That car is LOADED with awesome parts. And just incase he does decide to part it out, I'm calling those headlights, the rearview mirror, and maybe even the exhaust :P
I haven't been by the dealership lately, so I can't say what the going price is... but I'd pick up a couple issues of autotrader (or check online) and see if the higher priced cars sold in that time period. If so, start at that price. If not, maybe undercut them by a grand and go for that. coupled with the extras on the car, I'm sure you could sell it no problem.

And it's not like you have a lot of crazy mods that make the car difficult to service, like say, oh, a vortech supercharger... sell it as a package, and if you have some time, document the mods on the car, and the changes to the servicing, and include that with the owners manual.

of course, it might be easier to sell if you can cater to people's ignorance about the mods too.
Well if you do part out your car, I call those Euro Tail lights ! lol,

But really Andrew, if anything you should say your car is a european import. You might get a better price on it.
Read his fuccckin' post!

He's not parting it out!

I think what your'e asking is about right Andrew. The car has NEVER been abused, I mean it carted around Junior for years, so how bad can it be.
Good luck selling andrew...

I think 13999 would be a fair price with the stock rims.
Scooba awakes.....

Let the whoring begin!