FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zx5 + Powerworks Blower + Custom Tune = Fun!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
schade,Aug 12 2005, 05:56 PM Wrote:I think what mitch is saying is that on his cars that have the PW kit, they are both running the stock maf and he is having no problem whats so ever. 

I too don't see why the baseline numbers on that car were sooo low compaered to what everybody else in the states and canada gets using the PW tune.  Must be cuz the cars from quebec
[right][snapback]132377[/snapback][/right]

exactly.

and if you check they dyno sheets i posted, they only spin to the stock redline, not 7200rpm.

i'm trying to compare apples to apples to figure out what the story is here.
Why would i have to lie, lol.....I am not in need of cars to tune that I have to lie about the numbers we have made.

This was an off the shelf PW kit...same as everyone else's. It was dynoed on a dynapak dyno, which applies 200% load basically all the time keeping timing down (could be a result of low numbers)

All tuning is then verified on the street after. I will get a testimonial from the customer how the vehicle drives WAY better than it did before and it did in fact make more power.

I posted on here, not to promote myself, but because I was so shocked at the numbers after doing so many JR kits.

I am not just looking at a dyno sheet and guessing the maf is pegging, lol.....data proves it and different air density's can effect MAF voltage...so what you see can be totally different from what I see
i'm sorry but i don't recall saying you were lying about anything.

i just find it highly suspect that this car produced such low numbers right out of the box.

i still really want to see the data on these dyno runs.

i also doubt that the air density between there and here is so dramatic that the car could be down almost 40fwhp from what it should be putting out and pegging the MAFs when the PW cars JUST across the border are doing 220fwhp no problem and without pegging MAFs.

all i am is shocked that this car needed custom tuning to hit 220fwhp. i'm not doubting you made more power with the PW kit because there is a fair amount of room for improvement over the stock tuning. once retuned we will be seeing numbers in the 240-250fwhp range on the exact same setup running perfectly safe on 94.

maybe it is just the dyno putting down insanely low numbers, who knows...

customer testamonial means nothing unless it is directly from the customer, please get the owner to sign up and post to this thread. i'd like to hear what he/she has to say and ask him/her a few questions.

Thanks! :)
I will post the data showing the meter hitting 5v, as well as get this guy to send me a dyno sheet. I do all the tuning for his shop in Montreal so he really does not want me releasing names and this was his GF's car
meister@steeda.ca,Aug 15 2005, 05:34 AM Wrote:I will post the data showing the meter hitting 5v, as well as get this guy to send me a dyno sheet.  I do all the tuning for his shop in Montreal so he really does not want me releasing names and this was his GF's car
[right][snapback]132745[/snapback][/right]

well, you just gave us more info right there..... :D

Names as to who owns what is not the issue at hand here. Just documentation on proof. Hell get the owner on here :lol: or his shhhhhhhh.....GF :ph34r:
Pages: 1 2