FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cayuga This Friday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone is thinking about going up to Cayuga this Friday (august the 12th) for Test n' Tune. I've been up there about 4 times already this year and I havnt seen even 1 foci :( If anybody needs directions I can get them for you (i think they were posted before tho). Let me know if anyones up for a little drag racing :)

Matt
I have been itching to get a baseline run in on the ST since last summer, i was up twice last summer but in the stang. I have been so busy rhis year i haven't had the chance and that has also kept me from dropping the car. I want a bone stock run in the car no mods then i can lower and start adding tidbits i want....... hmm *thinks Cosworth*
ill race you Richard in my 0-100kph in 12.5 seconds focus! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If only... outta play cash till after we move :(
Burnin21,Aug 10 2005, 12:15 AM Wrote:Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone is thinking about going up to Cayuga this Friday (august the 12th) for Test n' Tune. I've been up there about 4 times already this year and I havnt seen even 1 foci :( If anybody needs directions I can get them for you (i think they were posted before tho). Let me know if anyones up for a little drag racing :)

Matt
[right][snapback]130403[/snapback][/right]

Heh, aside from the fact I'm working Friday, I really doubt that in a stock autobox '05 Focus I could take anyone except maybe a Neon autobox that has its tranny blow up or something :P

NefCanuck
two words : JUST GIVE'R
Hey guys your car doesnt have to be fast to race. Its not about racing other people its about getting the best time you can get. Its loads of fun and its $20 to race all night ($20 to race $10 to spectate), My car is not fast, I get blown away by many cars (ok maybe not neons) but just about every car can own me on that track. Now I dont race to beat buddy in his Honda next to me, I shoot for the best time. I just wanna see some Foci up there :D

Matt

P.S. Track opens at 7pm and closes at 11pm.
last time i was there, there was this Focus, and he was getting beat every race, and we were making fun of it, he didn't want to race my uncles Mustang.(this was before i became focused)
then this other mustang blew up from Nos, it was cool.
If my plans dont turn out the way their supposed to this weekend ill come by, always wanted to try the car at the track. Now does the track require you to drive with a helmet or some other safety equipment?
No you dont need a helmet unless you run faster than 13.99, but unless you have FI or Nitrous I wouldnt worry about driving faster than that. Turbo CRX's only run 14's and they are light.....Hope so see some Foci there :) Look for a dark grey ZX5 with a Focus Canada decal on the rear quarter windows, it will be me :)

Matt
I'll be there Saturday
Well boys tonight looks like CRAP. it raining at home and here in Grimsby too
Crazirich,Aug 12 2005, 11:30 AM Wrote:Well boys tonight looks like CRAP.  it raining at home and here in  Grimsby too
[right][snapback]132239[/snapback][/right]
stopped in Niagara Falls/ Fort Erie way
any of you guys going to chance it?
i MAY GO NO PROMISES, i have a race car to work on jus tnot the drag racing type if i'm done early i may pop over look for the silver ST making some 16.00 (according to tests) i hope for 15.9's or so stock, then i will add my goodies and be back in a few weeks mu ha ha ha
Well I chanced it and got screwed over..... I got there and it was thunder lightning the whole bit and the guy at the gate told me to come back in an hour. So I did and it happened to be sunny skys, clear, not a trace of rain but they closed the track down because they figured no one would come..... oh well good thing I'm only 45 minutes away. Should we possibly schedual for Friday the 19th? Or maybe even Wedsneday the 17th? Take it easy,

Matt
I was in hamilton at the shop and it pissed down. No way was i heading out to the track. The 19th is bad, too much going on for me. Anyone ever thought of a wednesday??? Its not as busy, and for those who like to tear off a lot of runs thats good. Plus me being a stang guy there are less shitbox imports there.
I went there too got there about 8:30 and the track was closed. Oh well took the chance but it takes me 2hrs to get there which sucked. Wont be able to make it to the 17th or 19th will be in michigan for nascar race.
We should try and get as many people as we can for the 17th, as rich said, wedsneday's are nice cause you dont have to listen to Hondas on straight pipes (most annoying buzzing sound you will ever hear). Instead you hear more grumbles of V8's B) Post if you guys can make it for the 17th.

Matt :)
CRAP its the 17th already...... I just bought a spring compressor to do my springs tonight. hmmm, maybe next week would be better notice for everyone here