FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Plugs And Wires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have to replace my plugs and wires soon and I was wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to high performance plugs and wires or should I just stick to the motorcraft ones?
BradfordZX3,Aug 9 2005, 01:56 PM Wrote:I have to replace my plugs and wires soon and I was wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to high performance plugs and wires or should I just stick to the motorcraft ones?
[right][snapback]129947[/snapback][/right]

Stick to stock.

People will say there aftermarket wires made a difference.

They're on crack. ;)
If you want colorful wires, then go with aftermarket. They arent really that expensive an item though so it doesnt matter too much. Any actual performance gain would be hard to measure..
Ya I might do it for the look but that would be all. I didn't think that performance wise that would make a difference. thanks guys
I gained 5hp with the red ones :P ... heard blue is fast too.
BrooksZX3,Aug 9 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:I gained 5hp with the red ones  :P ... heard blue is fast too.
[right][snapback]129958[/snapback][/right]

Black gives me 20 psi on the boost guage :blink: :lol:
I just called my local ford dealer and said $72 for the wires and $13 for each plug.
Jesus that's alot i think. what do you guys think
BradfordZX3,Aug 9 2005, 02:15 PM Wrote:I just called my local ford dealer and said $72 for the wires and $13 for each plug.
[right][snapback]129961[/snapback][/right]

It sounds cheaper to go with NGK Iridiums and Focussport wires. check zx3tuning.com for more details on the wires.
Get High Pro. I love my NGK's they rock.
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 9 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:
BradfordZX3,Aug 9 2005, 02:15 PM Wrote:I just called my local ford dealer and said $72 for the wires and $13 for each plug.
[right][snapback]129961[/snapback][/right]

It sounds cheaper to go with NGK Iridiums and Focussport wires. check zx3tuning.com for more details on the wires.
[right][snapback]129968[/snapback][/right]

The wires on there are $77 and I live in Nova Scotia so shipping will be alot i would think.

What about RACTIVE :lol:
You Zetec guys are getting pwnt for once. The SPI 8mm Motorcraft OEM replacements from the dealer are $44 plus taxes. :P
Yes but you don't have near the POWER!!
Well, if you decide to go with the aftermarket wires, let me know, I have a set of (red) focus sport wires, I will sell to ya cheep. No plugs though
I got a set of yellow Ractive 9mm ones in the FS section, I'd let go for $25
Stock plugs and wires work best, NGK does not make a difference. Its been argued before that iridium is not that good for the focus only copper.
Aftermarket wires are a waste of money.
Thsi has been discussed over and over again.
I went with Bosch platinum 4's. I asked someone about wires and they either your wires work or they don't and mine do so I guess I will leave them alone.
yeah, it's not really a 'gainer' mod. I think that a well modified car can benefit from a good set of wires and plugs (good as in appropriate for application). I have the screaming demon coil pack and live wires, but only because they will compliment my future mods, not because I wanted a hp gain.

i see it like this analogy... you can bake a cake without an egg and you'd probably never notice the difference. But you know the recipe calls for an egg for some reason... choose your dessert but don't expect the taste to change much. :P
easy there DR. Phil
BradfordZX3,Aug 10 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:I went with Bosch platinum 4's.
[right][snapback]130598[/snapback][/right]

Oh god... :o
Pages: 1 2