FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Know A Good Wedding Photographer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the GTA....

Meford, do you happen to know one?
ANTHONYD,Aug 8 2005, 02:31 PM Wrote:In the GTA....

[right][snapback]129452[/snapback][/right]

Where abouts in the GTA?
Melanie_L,Aug 8 2005, 03:31 PM Wrote:

Where abouts in the GTA?
[right][snapback]129453[/snapback][/right]

I'm in Burlington.
ANTHONYD,Aug 8 2005, 02:33 PM Wrote:
Melanie_L,Aug 8 2005, 03:31 PM Wrote:

Where abouts in the GTA?
[right][snapback]129453[/snapback][/right]

I'm in Burlington.
[right][snapback]129457[/snapback][/right]

Aww...cuz im a photographer....but im in Barrie :( :huh:
Your fawkin kidding, right?

http://www.patriciahoggephotography.com

There, you did your job for the wife-to-be today.

The key to getting great wedding photos is to make a connection with your photographer.

Interview a few different ones. See if you "click" with any of them. Spend some time with him/her just shooting the s**t.

From a photographer's standpoint, it is much easier to capture the external beauty of something, if you know it's internal beauty.
meford4u,Aug 8 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:Your fawkin kidding, right?

http://www.patriciahoggephotography.com

There, you did your job for the wife-to-be today.
[right][snapback]129466[/snapback][/right]

OKAY THIS IS FAWKED UP.

Your wife did Jen's friend's wedding and was refered to Patricia.
We were going to call her this week.

Too funny small world.
You know how many times my ex-girlfriends show up, don't realize it's me, and I have to explain to the wife where I know this girl from? I have a 16X20 pic in the office that constantly reminds me of one crazy night I spent with this girl almost 16 years ago.
Talking about "knowing your clients needs"

Don't go there Anthony. I don't know Jen, or you, that well.

We'll see what kind of special deal $$$$$ we can work out.

She has been using the new digital alot lately with her weddings and giving the customer both print and digital images.
meford4u,Aug 8 2005, 04:12 PM Wrote:You know how many times my ex-girlfriends show up, don't realize it's me, and I have to explain to the wife where I know this girl from?  I have a 16X20 pic in the office that constantly reminds me of one crazy night I spent with this girl almost 16 years ago. 

Don't go there Anthony.  I don't know Jen, or you, that well.

She has been using the new digital alot lately with her weddings and giving the customer both print and digital images.
[right][snapback]129493[/snapback][/right]

Jen's friend was thrilled with the work Pat did! We have your number in our folder and was planning on calling you this week. We had no idea it was you!

I'll discuss further with Jen, maybe we can set up a meeting with you guys soon for a glass a wine or something???
Wine??? Yuk

No wonder you own a sedan
ANTHONYD,Aug 8 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:maybe we can set up a meeting with you guys soon for a glass a wine or something???
[right][snapback]129503[/snapback][/right]

:1gayfight2:
Raine,Aug 8 2005, 04:49 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 8 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:maybe we can set up a meeting with you guys soon for a glass a wine or something???

:1gayfight2:
[right][snapback]129527[/snapback][/right]

Classic ! :lol:
ANTHONYD,Aug 8 2005, 04:22 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Aug 8 2005, 04:12 PM Wrote:You know how many times my ex-girlfriends show up, don't realize it's me, and I have to explain to the wife where I know this girl from?  I have a 16X20 pic in the office that constantly reminds me of one crazy night I spent with this girl almost 16 years ago. 

Don't go there Anthony.  I don't know Jen, or you, that well.

[right][snapback]129493[/snapback][/right]

Jen's friend was thrilled with the work Pat did! We have your number in our folder and was planning on calling you this week. We had no idea it was you!

I'll discuss further with Jen, maybe we can set up a meeting with you guys soon for a glass a wine or something???

Yup. walked into that one.

*HEADING OUT FOR SCOTCH*
glenfiddich is good scotch
hey anthony -

if you still need one - my brother in law has a photography business and is doing our entire wedding as well

p.m. if you need $$$ or phone #
one of the BEST phtogtraphers i've seen...

coming from a large photography background, that says a lot

Heaven Studios
905-832-6457
1-2174 Major MacKenzie Drive,
Maple, ON L6A 3Y8

talk to Anna ..tell her i sent you [Anthony Andrews]

here is a quick example....one of my engagement and one wedding pic

[Image: aa4.jpg]
[Image: wedding.jpg]

Anthony, my brother, you got raped like the rest of them. Knowing the industry and what costs are involved, when a "studio" has rates for weddings starting at $1895, that, my friend, is outrageous.
I know you will say what a great job they did, but my wife has trained with the best in Canada.
I am not trying to start a fight here, but too many people get so wrapped up and emotional in the day they open their wallets because they believe the best cost that much.

Wrong.
meford4u,Aug 8 2005, 09:36 PM Wrote:Anthony, my brother, you got raped like the rest of them.  Knowing the industry and what costs are involved, when a "studio" has rates for weddings starting at $1895, that, my friend, is outrageous.
I know you will say what a great job they did, but my wife has trained with the best in Canada. 
I am not trying to start a fight here, but too many people get so wrapped up and emotional in the day they open their wallets because they believe the best cost that much.

Wrong.
[right][snapback]129720[/snapback][/right]

She's been our family photographer for years....personally i didn't pay a ton, but I wouldn't mind paying a couple grand for someone to take my wedding pics...someone i KNOW i can trust...a professional...

the aprt that is outrageous in the industry is the charge for reprints, and/or albums....NEVER buy those from the photog. pay them to do the work....get your pics....and get out of there....

i've seen some people pay upwards of $5g's for their day...PHOTOS ALONE!!! to some....having their pics taken properly, and professionally ....there is no pricetag....
Ok, that we agree upon. Reprints costs, are low, but the charge to you the customer, is high. Why? When you friggin send me to the lab for one 5X7 for granny!!!! That is my time you pay for.

But we have a minimum order so that never happens.

$2grand for wedding photography is still too high. Just to take pictures. It's alot of money invested in your equipmant, but you can make that back in 6 months to a year if your good, and if your busy.
I don;t mind spending money if I know I'm getting quality.

We like anyone want the best bang for the buck.

I'm willing to pay a little more for shots like

[Image: 01Lori_JoF1080032L.jpg]
[Image: 03Lori_JoF1050008.jpg]
[Image: 04Lori_JoF1000002.jpg]
[Image: 06Lori_JoF1030005.jpg]
[Image: 09Lori_JoF0050026.jpg]

Artistic!
Not staged, I think the best shots are the unstaged random ones.
I'm a big fan of the black and white / sepia and selective focusing.

I would be more than happy to foot the bill for the rental of the lenses in order to achieve these shots.

Cand the wifey accomplish stuf like this?

I'm betting in a heart beat!
Pages: 1 2