FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pontiac Save The Best For Last
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to take one of these out.

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2839a.shtml
why would you get that the gas mileage would suck.......... LOL
"22.6 miles-per-gallon of premium"

I do love the G8, this is even better!
A collector's item that should be driven, but won't ever be because replacement parts are rarer than anything after a few years.
I don't know if a car that looks that uninspiring should be a collector's item.

But if one did buy it, I'm sure you could swap any number of GM parts on it -- I doubt there's too much on there that's 100% pontiac specific other than the sheet metal.
5 grand for a brake kit? i bet you could get a brembo set for less than that.
For that price I'd pick up an off lease Maserati Coupe, have money left over and turn more heads. It would look sexier too, way sexier.

The whole concept of cars as collector's items is ludicrous and makes no sense from a ROI stand point. It is fine to collect such things if one can because of other financial means (example/ a person like Leno since he is in the news today) but anyone who approaches such a purchase with the intention of profiting from anything more than a nostalgic sense is bent.

Unless Steve McQueen, JFK, BatMan or someone else drove/rode/owned it to give it added value, I don't care what any mint 60's muscle car is worth in todays dollars. If the same amount of money said collector car cost back then was invested even conservatively; it would be worth more.
why would you pay that much money for a pontiac? if it's a holden maybe (well it is basically a holden)... but it's pontiac. same class as the pukeable pursuit... blech
2001 ZTS,May 29 2009, 07:05 PM Wrote:The whole concept of cars as collector's items is ludicrous and makes no sense from a ROI stand point.
[right][snapback]288447[/snapback][/right]

imho, but i dont think ANY car has ROI. cars are not investments.
Let's remember. I just said I'd like to take one for a test drive, not actually buy one even if I had $50K taking up room in my wallet. :)