FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Peter Jennings Dead At 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a great newscaster,one of the best out there and he was canadian to :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1015438

This sucks this man was smart as hell and was just plain awesome doing the news :(
I remember the newscast he did where he told everyone he had cancer and it was seriously moving!!

great newsman...one of the best!!

RIP
Cancer sucks......

My dad passed away 5 months after being diagnosed with lung cancer. Horrible Horrible way to go.

Very sad indeed......
I always prefered NBC over ABC, however Peter Jennings is a name no one in radio/television doesn't respect... too young to pass away...
I have a very good friend who's father has lung cancer.

Never smoked!
Wow! So young. Very sad!
Both my grandparents died from lung cancer.
Cancer sucks. What a loss for Canadians.

Anyone else feel like joining the team now?

There's two of us so far!
pretty much my enitre family whos ever died has died of cancer :(
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 8 2005, 09:27 AM Wrote:Cancer sucks. What a loss for Canadians.

Anyone else feel like joining the team now?

There's two of us so far!
[right][snapback]129121[/snapback][/right]

I raise more money for the breast cancer society, it's not even funny.

My whole family is pretty involved.
We should do a 'FocusCanada Fights Cancer' thing...

organize a meet, get a local newspaper to come out!! etc..

Who among us hasnt been affected by cancer...hell my screen name, as some of you might know, is a constant remembrance of a lost friend to leukemia

microbunny,Aug 8 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:We should do a 'FocusCanada Fights Cancer' thing...

Who among us hasnt been affected by cancer...hell my screen name, as some of you might know, is a constant remembrance of a lost friend to leukemia
[right][snapback]129273[/snapback][/right]

My BBQ next year will have a donation box.

I was going to do it this year, but there wasn't enough time to organzie it.
ANTHONYD,Aug 8 2005, 11:15 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Aug 8 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:We should do a 'FocusCanada Fights Cancer' thing...

[right][snapback]129280[/snapback][/right]
but how do we know that that money is going to cancer research and not to the Anthonyd fund?
crazikev,Aug 8 2005, 12:19 PM Wrote:but how do we know that that money is going to cancer research and not to the Anthonyd fund?
[right][snapback]129289[/snapback][/right]

Trust me, anthony is one dood that I would trust with money for cancer research!!

You gotta be a pretty big fukin loser to scam cancer support donations...

I'm in on the box man...but next year is far away
crazikev,Aug 8 2005, 12:19 PM Wrote:

but how do we know that that money is going to cancer research and not to the Anthonyd fund?

I hope your kidding.
Anthony, I'll definatley donate to the cancer fund box. It'll be a year on thursday from when my grandmother passed from breast/bone cancer.
ANTHONYD,Aug 8 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:

I hope your kidding.
[right][snapback]129298[/snapback][/right]
well you know what i mean don't you? Considering i don't know you or anything, im sure your a trustworthy guy by the way you post :lol: . I know people who gave money to bums in T.O. and then he walked away, turned around and the guy got in a mercedes and drove away :o . Even some charites have been caught in the past scamming money from people.

and yes it was a joke B)
crazikev,Aug 8 2005, 03:58 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 8 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:

I hope your kidding.
[right][snapback]129298[/snapback][/right]

and yes it was a joke B)
[right][snapback]129476[/snapback][/right]

good!
Should have had an envelope and asked us anyways, I would have pitched in $20 or so.

We raise cash all year at the office, sponsor other events, and the company always matches our employee-raised contributions. Gotta love that. :)

That's why I fix up computers and get them crunching - to do the medical research that would otherwise take YEARS to do without simulations.
I help organize the Niagara tournament of hope golf tourney and the West Lincoln Hospital tournament.

Last year the N.T.O.H raised close to 180k for breast cancer research. We had cars donated for hole-in-ones, Vermont Castings BBQs for raffle prizes and a whack of sponsorships. The silent auction was incredible. Signed Tiger Woods flags from Augusta went for 21k ALONE!!!!!

I cried aftewards. It was incredible.
Thats awesome anthony :D