FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Little Accident!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was in Quebec...just coming back from camping. I was going straight into a road and I realized that, that road was not allowed to go in so, I jammed the break and BANG BANG!!! My tires sliped and I hopped the curve. My oil pan had the biggest dented! But it doesn't leak and my rad support is finish.

[Image: IM000093.jpg]

[Image: IM000092.jpg]

[Image: IM000091.jpg]
that's a lot of rust.
Quebec roads will do that to ya. You're driving along, minding your own business and WHAM!!! Here's a transport pushing a Nissan sideways down the 20, ya bastich! :blink:

Weirdest... roadtrip... ever.
..........and people made fun of me when I was looking for a bash plate for the Focus. :rolleyes:

Oh well at least the WRX is fully armoured front and back:

[Image: wrx_sti_front.jpg]
[Image: IM000085.jpg]
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 7 2005, 04:49 PM Wrote:Quebec roads will do that to ya. You're driving along, minding your own business and WHAM!!! Here's a transport pushing a Nissan sideways down the 20, ya bastich! :blink:

Weirdest... roadtrip... ever.
[right][snapback]128915[/snapback][/right]

Well Quebec roads yes, but the salt and s**t on the roads with chew through yer car in no time....i swear its nuclear salt or sumting....alberta uses mostly sand...so my car might last twice as long...er..maybe. Well that is if I dont' slam into a moose, or a deer, or get hit by an edmontonian with his head up his ass...

2001 ZTS,Aug 7 2005, 07:13 PM Wrote:..........and people made fun of me when I was looking for a bash plate for the Focus. :rolleyes:

Oh well at least the WRX is fully armoured front and back:

[Image: wrx_sti_front.jpg]
[Image: IM000085.jpg]
[right][snapback]128920[/snapback][/right]

I understand you man!!!
Andrew is right about most things......
Especially women :lol:

at least the damage wasn't worse. Good luck on the repairs
Yowtch, considering all you did was hop the curb, things bent pretty badly :blink:

Hope you're able to do the repairs yourself, otherwise I can see a lot of labour charges on the bill :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Ouch! That doesn't look too sharp!
NefCanuck,Aug 7 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:Yowtch, considering all you did was hop the curb, things bent pretty badly  :blink:

Hope you're able to do the repairs yourself, otherwise I can see a lot of labour charges on the bill  :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]129007[/snapback][/right]

Ya, Well my dad is the part manager at a Ford so...I get cost and 10% for the shipping. And yes, it's going to be repair by me and my firends...it's a good sunday project.
Prodrive = BLING.... Nice :D
Im going to fix everything at the same time a install my body kit.
focusonthis_88,Aug 8 2005, 12:14 PM Wrote:Im going to fix everything at the same time a install my body kit.
[right][snapback]129277[/snapback][/right]

Is it painted yet? :P
Hello- noticed some of the bandwidth coming from your site-

the skid plate in the picture above is one of the products we produce for the Subaru folks.

[Image: rs_front.jpg]

The rally plate really helps prevent many of these types of mishaps.

We are toying with the idea for a focus, one of our staff members owns one (as well as rally style mudflaps for this coming winter- :)

Thanks much

Team R/A

http://www.rallyarmor.com

Flofocus,Aug 8 2005, 12:21 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Aug 8 2005, 12:14 PM Wrote:Im going to fix everything at the same time a install my body kit.
[right][snapback]129277[/snapback][/right]

Is it painted yet? :P
[right][snapback]129292[/snapback][/right]

NO! :angry:
Rallyarmor,Aug 8 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:Hello- noticed some of the bandwidth coming from your site-

the skid plate in the picture above is one of the products we produce for the Subaru folks.

[Image: rs_front.jpg]

The rally plate really helps prevent many of these types of mishaps.

We are toying with the idea for a focus, one of our staff members owns one (as well as rally style mudflaps for this coming winter-  :)

Thanks much

Team R/A

http://www.rallyarmor.com
[right][snapback]129386[/snapback][/right]

Do it do it do it do it!!!! :D
how hard is it to change the oil with one of those on ?
scoobasteve,Aug 8 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:how hard is it to change the oil with one of those on ?
[right][snapback]129407[/snapback][/right]

Sorry for the delay- just got back from Europe yesterday :)

not hard at all, - on the WRX;s it is 5 bolts that go into the chassis (we use the existing holes where the plastic cover is)

Well try to research this once we get the metal shop back up and running. B)

Thanks much
Team r/a

I've got a bash plate from rallyarmour on my WRX. No problem to instal and it's been through one winter already.

In the case of the WRX it does use the 5 existing bolts however the service department at my local dealer does complain that it is a two person job rather than the one person job it used to be with the old plastic one.

The Focus as we know does not have any sort of bottom protection of any kind, plastic or otherwise.

Seeing as rallyarmour is here, your mudflaps for 2005 WRX do fit the wagon front and back no problem with the exception of one of the rear bolts. The spacer and bolt provided is not long enough however a plastic tie wrap has worked as a substitute for almost a year. Again that jury rigging was only required at just one of the four(?) mounting points. I'll take a picture when time allows.

Pages: 1 2