FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wind Deflector Flew Off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm driving down the 427, and the wind deflector starts making the vibration noise that it normally makes on the highway, so I put my hand up to hold it down for a bit so that it stops vibrating, like usual. However this time, before I could get my hand on it, it flies off, smashed my hand, and then lands some where on the 427. To be honest, the car was much much quiet once it was gone. And it didn't seem to cause an accident, I'm not sure where it landed, but I certainly wasn't going to stop in the middle of the highway.

Anyway, wind deflector flew off and my car is quieter now (when the sunroof is open).

And just to be certain everyone knows what I'm talking about, it's not one of those big plastic things that goes across the front of your hood, or infront of your sunroof, it's just the popup stock one that pops up when you open the sunroof.
over 60 bux for a new one.
Ha, that happened to me with a lightcover... shitty. Oh well
Yeah... not a big problem. Still was weird.

$60... bleh screw getting a new one, it'll just fly off again.
is that really a wind deflector?
darkpuppet,Aug 8 2005, 10:09 AM Wrote:is that really a wind deflector?
[right][snapback]129136[/snapback][/right]
To be honest I dunno... I just assumed such. What else would it be? O_O
:P haha - what wind do you honestly need to deflect - arnt cars designed to be slighly aero-dynamic anyways -

sorry for your luck man and i would have loved to see who it hit behind you!!!
Aka,Aug 8 2005, 05:31 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Aug 8 2005, 10:09 AM Wrote:is that really a wind deflector?
[right][snapback]129136[/snapback][/right]
To be honest I dunno... I just assumed such. What else would it be? O_O
[right][snapback]129675[/snapback][/right]

yes it is....its actually designed to deflect the wind in such a way that it lessens the noise of air flowing into the cabin of the vehicle. if you look at BMW, VW and a few others they all have the same style.
FociBC,Aug 8 2005, 09:58 PM Wrote:yes it is....its actually designed to deflect the wind in such a way that it lessens the noise of air flowing into the cabin of the vehicle.  if you look at BMW, VW and a few others they all have the same style.
[right][snapback]129707[/snapback][/right]
lessen?! ahaha it did the total opposite! it would start vibrating like mad and make so much noise, I usually had to hold it, drive slower, close the sunroof, or push it down till it clipped on something to shut it up. Had I known it'd come off that easily, I'da probably took it off and thrown it out.

It hit a VW Jetta behind me, or perhaps it was a passat... in any case, it was fairly new, and didn't look like there was much/any damage.
so you are thje ass hole that lost that and it flew off and hit me while I was trying to enjoy my triple chesse buragr and large shake mando I have a dry cleaning bill for you :P
That's your own fault. As those lightup signs on the 401 say, Driving requires your full attention. You were obviously not paying enough attention to your food and drinks. If you were, you wouldn't have noticed the wind deflector and continued to be content eating your cheese burger and drinking your large shake.

Ugh... now I want a Milkshake...