FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Capri To Return Next Year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ford_capri_render_crop.jpg]

The Ford Capri is to Europe what the Ford Mustang is to the United States... with at least one major exception. Unlike the quintessentially American pony car, which has been in nearly continuous production since its inception way back in 1964, the Capri nameplate has been conspicuously absent from European showrooms since 1986 – making it ripe for a remake.

According to the fearless rumormongers at Auto Express, the next Ford Capri may be right around the corner. In this guise, the Capri would basically be a three-door hatchback version of the Ford Focus with a sporty take on Ford's so-called Kinetic design language. The car would be earmarked to do battle with the revived Volkswagen Scirocco and Renault's latest Mégane Coupé.

Inside, the new Capri would share the same basic guts as the Focus and feature the latest version of Ford's Human Machine Interface. Underhood would sit the buyer's choice of an EcoBoost gasoline-fed four cylinder in either 1.6-liter or high-performance 2.0-liter sizes – or perhaps one of Ford's TDCi turbodiesel engines mated up with a Powershift twin-clutch gearbox.

If there is indeed any truth to these rumors, we can expect the next-gen Capri to debut at an unknown auto show sometime in 2010.

[Source: Auto Express]
ZX3_2NV,May 28 2009, 03:44 PM Wrote:[Image: ford_capri_render_crop.jpg]

The Ford Capri is to Europe what the Ford Mustang is to the United States... with at least one major exception. Unlike the quintessentially American pony car, which has been in nearly continuous production since its inception way back in 1964, the Capri nameplate has been conspicuously absent from European showrooms since 1986 – making it ripe for a remake.

According to the fearless rumormongers at Auto Express, the next Ford Capri may be right around the corner. In this guise, the Capri would basically be a three-door hatchback version of the Ford Focus with a sporty take on Ford's so-called Kinetic design language. The car would be earmarked to do battle with the revived Volkswagen Scirocco and Renault's latest Mégane Coupé.

Inside, the new Capri would share the same basic guts as the Focus and feature the latest version of Ford's Human Machine Interface. Underhood would sit the buyer's choice of an EcoBoost gasoline-fed four cylinder in either 1.6-liter or high-performance 2.0-liter sizes – or perhaps one of Ford's TDCi turbodiesel engines mated up with a Powershift twin-clutch gearbox.

If there is indeed any truth to these rumors, we can expect the next-gen Capri to debut at an unknown auto show sometime in 2010.

[Source: Auto Express]
[right][snapback]288342[/snapback][/right]

Excellent - just what we need ... another hot Euro Ford that we won't be able to get here.
Ford's getting the picture, just a matter of time i'd imagine... and we should see this model in NA. I hope. It looks awesome!
euro_zx5,May 28 2009, 06:01 PM Wrote:Ford's getting the picture, just a matter of time i'd imagine... and we should see this model in NA. I hope. It looks awesome!
[right][snapback]288352[/snapback][/right]

if we did it would be the revised version of the Probe vrs Mustang all over again.
Frost__2001,May 29 2009, 10:10 PM Wrote:
euro_zx5,May 28 2009, 06:01 PM Wrote:Ford's getting the picture, just a matter of time i'd imagine... and we should see this model in NA. I hope. It looks awesome!

if we did it would be the revised version of the Probe vrs Mustang all over again.
[right][snapback]288434[/snapback][/right]

then the capri should be RWD

patrick23,May 31 2009, 03:48 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,May 29 2009, 10:10 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]288434[/snapback][/right]

then the capri should be RWD
[right][snapback]288510[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but if it was rwd, then they could market it as the mercury capri all over again.
Oh wait mercury finally stopped selling their last car here in canada this year.