FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Side Marker Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyy, (oh geez, i've been in alberta too long)

i was wondering if anyone has installed side marker lights on their foci's. If so, what type did ya get, was it a bitch of an install, i'm thinking of getting them, so let me know...
Type: APC
Difficulty: If you can't do it, get your pet gerbil or the neighbourhood racoon to.
Raine,Aug 4 2005, 05:16 PM Wrote:Type: APC
Difficulty: If you can't do it, get your pet gerbil or the neighbourhood racoon to.
[right][snapback]128212[/snapback][/right]

that easy huh? now the hard part.....to find a gerbil or racoon with opposable thumbs?
Slimsride,Aug 4 2005, 07:30 PM Wrote:
Raine,Aug 4 2005, 05:16 PM Wrote:Type: APC
[right][snapback]128212[/snapback][/right]

that easy huh? now the hard part.....to find a gerbil or racoon with opposable thumbs?
[right][snapback]128218[/snapback][/right]

SIMPLY STUNNING!
its really easy to do. just two bolt on each side marker, crawl under the front and take them off.
FocusGuy7476,Aug 4 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:its really easy to do. just two bolt on each side marker, crawl under the front and take them off.
[right][snapback]128251[/snapback][/right]

HUH?

crawl under the front and take them off????? take what off? oh my god, i'm lost
Slimsride,Aug 4 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Aug 4 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:its really easy to do. just two bolt on each side marker, crawl under the front and take them off.

HUH?

[right][snapback]128259[/snapback][/right]

There are 2 3/8's nuts holding the stock markers on. If you crawl under the car you can see them easilly. I have the APC clear ones which I was planning on installing until I ran into a dilemma. Stupid nuts are rusted to crap and won't let go. Soaked them in WD40 (it was all I have) to see if that will loosen them up any.
ThraxXx,Aug 4 2005, 09:00 PM Wrote:
Slimsride,Aug 4 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:

HUH?

[right][snapback]128259[/snapback][/right]

There are 2 3/8's nuts holding the stock markers on. If you crawl under the car you can see them easilly. I have the APC clear ones which I was planning on installing until I ran into a dilemma. Stupid nuts are rusted to crap and won't let go. Soaked them in WD40 (it was all I have) to see if that will loosen them up any.
[right][snapback]128264[/snapback][/right]

ER...oh....i'm a dum ass...but i was kinda talking the Euro style lights that sit on the sides of your quarter panels...
They are called side repeaters. That is tough. Never mind thinking about it and move on.
You can cut holes in your fenders to install them, but it wont look the same as stock euro. The european fenders have a recessed indent for the side repeaters so they fit closer to flush with the body.

Also, the washer fluid tank is in the driver side fender, and needs to be modified to allow for the depth of the lense/bulb/socket/wiring.
meford4u,Aug 4 2005, 10:18 PM Wrote:They are called side repeaters.  That is tough.  Never mind thinking about it and move on.
[right][snapback]128271[/snapback][/right]

Like Mr. Fuktard said, not worth it
but if these guys haven't gotten your hopes up, your best bet about this would be to talk to jaspher, he just got his done not too long ago, and can steer you into this, our out of it.
Raine,Aug 4 2005, 11:29 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Aug 4 2005, 10:18 PM Wrote:They are called side repeaters.  That is tough.  Never mind thinking about it and move on.
[right][snapback]128271[/snapback][/right]

Like Mr. Fuktard said, not worth it
[right][snapback]128306[/snapback][/right]

yup i would have to agree, NEXT project...
theyre also commonly called Euro Blinkers. The difference between a marker light and a blinker light, is the blinker generally blinks when your signaling, the marker usually turns on with your park lights and often contains a DOT approved reflective surface built-in to comply with reflector regulations needed on the front side of the car forward of the driving wheels.