FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Cheap Insurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, after 5 loyal years with State Farm Insurance I finally told them where to go with their policy changes, and rate hikes. So I have till October to look for cheap insurance for my Focus, and 2 trucks in my name. I'm looking for something reasonable in price and I don't need anything fancy when it comes to insurance for the trucks, but I need full coverage with Focus because it's still 45% the banks.

I'm in Ontario and any help would be good. So thanks in advance guys.
Check with RBC - http://www.rbcinsurance.com

Call them direct tho... much easier than online and they're quite helpful.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 4 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:Check with RBC - http://www.rbcinsurance.com

Call them direct tho... much easier than online and they're quite helpful.
[right][snapback]127943[/snapback][/right]
that website just quoted me $5,110 !!!! :ph34r: WTF, i put the estimated value of my car in at $5000. Perfect record means jack squat. Paying this much makes me want to drive more reckless, ill be paying the big bucks anyways
geez, insurance has us by the balz... good luck man, keep us posted. I'm 30 with an 04 svtf... my yearly premium is 1783.00 this year. I have to pay that this month :P yahoo!
Didn't I say DON'T USE THE WEBSITE?

Actually I said call them direct. Close enough.

I'm paying $1686/year for the FoFo with myself and the wife, and I'm technically less than perfect.

That's actually dropping since we're putting the house insurance through them as well. RBC will discount both policies by 10% for customers looking to have both (or more) through them.
td insurance has a cheapy branch called "chieftan". have to use a broker as they have no consumer lines of contact. the catch in exchange for the cheap rates is that the payment will only come off a credit card (so you are paying interest if you arent good at paying that sort of thing in a timely manner).

ing is also pretty cheap. i heard pc financial is also cheap, but they wouldnt touch me when i was last looking (3 infractions at that point)
ING?
dont use facility association
I had RBC once, I paid for a year ( at the time I was 19 ) and it was $3960.04 A year later they notified me they would not go monthly for me and expected me to come up with $3854.84 in less then two weeks. I don't know about them at this point....

thanks for the suggestions thus far guys.
Weird, cause State Farm is excellent for my family and I.
I only pay $1,680 for my Foci.
SangriaRedZX5,Aug 4 2005, 03:18 PM Wrote:Weird, cause State Farm is excellent for my family and I.
[right][snapback]128136[/snapback][/right]
your frigin youger than I and i pay $3000 more??!? are you the primary driver or an occational driver?
"cheap" and "insurance" I never thoght I'd see those 2 words used in the same sentance... while living in Ontario
paolo,Aug 5 2005, 12:54 AM Wrote:"cheap" and "insurance" I never thoght I'd see those 2 words used in the same sentance... while living in Ontario
[right][snapback]128287[/snapback][/right]

Insurance bastards are up to their cheap funkin tricks again ! :P
Insurance companies are like hookers... no matter if it's cheap or not, in the end you just got fuked!
cheap insurance is a bigger oxymoron than hydro worker!
crazikev,Aug 5 2005, 04:47 AM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Aug 4 2005, 03:18 PM Wrote:Weird, cause State Farm is excellent for my family and I.
[right][snapback]128136[/snapback][/right]
your frigin youger than I and i pay $3000 more??!? are you the primary driver or an occational driver?
[right][snapback]128286[/snapback][/right]

For drivers under 25, do females still get a break?
Okay, alberta has to be the most RETARDED provinces for insurance. I pay 1750 a year for my Foci. but if i went out and bought a super fast motorcycle that does 0 - mach 6 in 2 seconds it's like ohhhh 700 bucks a year...

Now, i'm originally from Montreal, and lived there all my life except for the last 4 years. anyhow i would be paying about 500-600 for the car and 3,000 for the bike...(no joke on the bike insurance either)

But now i've lived here (alberta for 3 years) i am understanding why insurance is so high, because EDMONTONIANS ARE dam RETARDS AND HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE HOW TO DRIVE....ahem...Sure, Montrealers are crazy, aggressive drivers, but um, why is there insurance so low??? So Joe Yahoo, on the whitemud, or yellowhead trail, take yer head outta yer ass, and learn how to drive....

just a side note here, coming in to edmonton i was listening to the radio (the bear of course) and the annoucer said 10 accidents on the whitemud......IN A ONE KILOMETER stretch...OH MY GOD...

i'm done, carry on, nothing to see here
I have allstate covering my insurance needs. I am paying 1500/year ( $125/month ) and that is for full coverage. I am 26.... but honestly my rates are cheap cause I am still listed as living at home, my dad has allstate for all his insurance needs so we get multi vehicle discounts, multi plan discounts, and since we've been with them for like 20 years now they give us yet another discount :)

yeah technically I am cheating but hey they stick it to us, so we stick it to them right back.
I pay around 5000+$ a year!!!!
My "mommy" pays for my insurance, since she will be sharing my car with me this year. haha I don't have to pay for gas either

HAHAAHAHAHA am such a little s**t eh? but after she sells her sunfire gt this year she is buying a new G6, or if she can find a good deal on a ford escape hybrid then that would be the choice, from wat i hear ford has the best road side. so am hoping she gets the escape!

but any ways, when she buys her car then.. i have to pay for all my stuff on the car,, which will suck
Tri_kento,Aug 5 2005, 04:45 PM Wrote:My "mommy" pays for my insurance, since she will be sharing my car with me this year. haha I don't have to pay for gas either
[right][snapback]128445[/snapback][/right]
Tri_kento,Aug 5 2005, 06:12 PM Wrote:Hello and hi, most of you guys now i had just recently got , a 2001 Ford Focus se with the sport package and.... that's about it. but any way

My goal is to get my focus up to 200hp, and i don't think it's and imposable task. But from all my data searching, all i got that would add any real horse power, would be a super chip, cool air intake, and new headers .
[right][snapback]128473[/snapback][/right]

Is this the same guy?
Pages: 1 2