FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Ever Seen This Before?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: tuningzewn44.jpg]

I kinda like this.

Don't think I've seen this before.
VW's guy do it with their cars.

I dont see the point at all though...

This was discussed on FJ...oh wait! :ph34r:
looks like someone hung dry a wet cotton hood... and it stretched.

no thanks.
Different.... yeah..... maybe on a CF hood or for more extreme applications maybe..... I dunno.......
Given the way cops attack lightbeam infractions... a ticket a day keeps the mod money away!

In a perfect world, I'd say sure thing. As different as it is, you're asking to be bent over.
Adn the point of this is? More wind drag? Higher chance of hood flapping open while driving?
I dont mind it on VWs, but on the Focus headlight it looks stupid. Maybe if they modded the fender and headlight so it had straight lines, rather than part of the headlight being into the fender line. As it is, it just looks like the hood doesnt fit properly..
Looks like the boser style hood extensions the vw guys all love to do.

Personally I don;t know how it could work on the focus, the VW guys usually extend their hoods FURTHER down the front of hte car and make a "lip" over the headlights and grill. The focus hood however sits FLUSH with the top of hte headlight....? How would it turn out?

Also I don't think it obstructs light the stock headlights have a dead area there anyway don't they?
I was either reading it here or talking to a guy that went to DKN, and because he had "eyelid" vinyl on his headlight housing (in the non-beam area) he was ticketed.

I'll try to find the thread later. Just relaying what I've heard.
I never got much hassle from the cops. They pulled me over asked for insurance and reg. let me and my buddies go.

They caught a LOT of flack I heard from last year being so ticket happy. I think this year they were a lot more laid back and chill.

DKN even had a booth set up where you could go talk and discuss bullshit tickets with an expert or something they had on hand. We got a notice when we rolled in teh second day that if we had gotten any unfair tickets they would help us fight them.
My buddy got pulled over the other night for having headlight eyebrows on his car so I can imagine that this hood would piss off the cops just as much.
It really depends on how low the brow goes.. I've seen cars with cheap vinyl covering half the headlight, those people deserve to get tickets because what they're doing is dangerous. The extension of this hood looks about the same as the Kamei style brows, which dont actually cover any of the light beam (just the chrome surround) so it should be okay.
like mentioned before... if the fender was modded to cut out the top portion as well... it'd look pretty cool... damn aggressive anyway.
"I think it looks better than those eyelid decals!"
"LOOKs Sharp!"
I liked it too.

I figure the gas consumption would rise a little to.

Not the mpst aerodynamic design....

but neither is this.

[Image: double_decker_civic.jpg]
ThraxXx,Aug 3 2005, 08:36 PM Wrote:My buddy got pulled over the other night for having headlight eyebrows on his car so I can imagine that this hood would piss off the cops just as much.
[right][snapback]127726[/snapback][/right]

LOL and yet my headlight and tail light covers have never aroused any suspicion..
Raine,Aug 4 2005, 11:07 AM Wrote:
ThraxXx,Aug 3 2005, 08:36 PM Wrote:My buddy got pulled over the other night for having headlight eyebrows on his car so I can imagine that this hood would piss off the cops just as much.

LOL and yet my headlight and tail light covers have never aroused any suspicion..
[right][snapback]127925[/snapback][/right]

which blows my mind incidentally. :blink:
I don't get hassled either. *shrugs*

It's all in how you drive and how much attention you draw to yourself.
ANTHONYD,Aug 4 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:
Raine,Aug 4 2005, 11:07 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]127925[/snapback][/right]

which blows my mind incidentally. :blink:
[right][snapback]127932[/snapback][/right]

The car matches his unibrow

01-yellow-ZX3

I got a ticket for my Kamei headlight brows. :(

I showed the cop how they don't interfere with the output of the headlight whatsoever, but since they're not "DOT APPROVED" you can't obstruct your headlights or tailights at all.

All in all...fine was paid...headlight brows are still on. :rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2