FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gta Carbon Fibre Hoods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just wondering who in the gta has one, never seen one on a focus myself and was thinking of either buying one or trading for one. Trade would be for my current hood, custom blue with hood scoops and wind deflector/hood spoiler
some one in Portcredit has one

he / she drives a silver zx3 CF hood dont know who they are but nice car

the hood looks good

i realy wish my car was on the road

it's fast now
I have the VIS Invader........

Not looking to trade though
[Image: 8ec548bc.jpg]
Sexy!
I think one would look good on my car.
ANTHONYD,Aug 3 2005, 01:15 PM Wrote:I think one would look good on my car.
[right][snapback]127535[/snapback][/right]

Keep it plain though. No scoops or anything like that.

And I agree!!
get one with a green thread in it too.
ok I seem to be a lil lost when it comes to cf hoods. I am thinking in regards to traction, on FWD cars don't you want a bit more weight up front? and less in the back? cause if you take most of the weight from the front when you accelerate and the weight transfers won't the front of the car lift up more and therefore lose the contact with the road surface??

oh and has anyone ever tried making a custom hood with the reverse style scoop? seems straight forward to make, although would fiberglass hold up to that heat?
Damn that VIS is sweet. Fit looks execellent too.
Nass,
CF hoods came from Japan where a company called spoon started puting them on their civics and integras that were built for serious track use or racing.
these cars were basicly gutted and the CF hood just made the whole car lighter. weight is weight when you are already moving. so removing as much of it as possible just makes the car lighter; lighter is faster and less stress.
they then put the CF hoods on their street versions of the race cars, which were actually not very different from the race versions. this whole theme caught on and is now a STYLE more than anything else... i say that because most people who buy CF hoods because they are "light weight" are also probably trucking around a heavy set of rims, full interior and 100lbs of stereo gear.

the original idea behind CF hoods was good, it just has nothing to do with it anymore! :(

there is enough weight over the front wheels as it is. more weight will not change how the weight is shifted in a FWD car, it is just more weight that now needs to be shifted. you get far better traction stiffening up the rear of a FWD car that you ever could by having more weight over the front wheels. and it always comes back to racing, lighter is faster and less stress.

for the record even though the hood i have is 8lbs, i bought it for style. unless your car is completely gutted or as much as the class you are racing in allows, you bought it for looks. more so if it has some form of vent in it! ;)
ZX3TUNING,Aug 4 2005, 01:49 AM Wrote:Nass,
CF hoods came from Japan where a company called spoon started puting them on their civics and integras that were built for serious track use or racing.
these cars were basicly gutted and the CF hood just made the whole car lighter. weight is weight when you are already moving. so removing as much of it as possible just makes the car lighter; lighter is faster and less stress.
they then put the CF hoods on their street versions of the race cars, which were actually not very different from the race versions. this whole theme caught on and is now a STYLE more than anything else... i say that because most people who buy CF  hoods because they are "light weight" are also probably trucking around a heavy set of rims, full interior and 100lbs of stereo gear.

the original idea behind CF hoods was good, it just has nothing to do with it anymore!  :(

there is enough weight over the front wheels as it is. more weight will not change how the weight is shifted in a FWD car, it is just more weight that now needs to be shifted. you get far better traction stiffening up the rear of a FWD car that you ever could by having more weight over the front wheels. and it always comes back to racing, lighter is faster and less stress.

for  the record even though the hood i have is 8lbs, i bought it for style.  unless your car is completely gutted or as much as the class you are racing in allows, you bought it for looks. more so if it has some form of vent in it! ;)
[right][snapback]127732[/snapback][/right]

Well Put!!!
nice reply, yeah I personally don't know why people would pay so much for a hood that isn't functional for what they use it for, no offence to anyone that has it. If you want it for the weave look don't they make a vinyl that looks just like it? :) I like your point about the guys that get the hood for it's lightweight racing background yet everything else on the car is heavy :)

I am heading to the walk in junk yard tomorrow I think and I'll look for some focii there ( there hardly ever is a focus there and I am not sure why ) I'll see if I can pick up a hood for cheap and fab it with a reverse vent... yet another project I'll start :(