FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear Brakes Wore Out Before Front On Fusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Focus and a Fusion in my driveway. The Fusion is a 2007 and I have not changed the brakes yet. The front still seem fine but the rear pads are down to the backing plate. I can't remember any of my cars that wore out the bake brakes before the front. There doesn't appear to be any sticking or binding. It almost seems that maybe the rear brake design used pads that are too small for the vehicle. I would be curious to find out if they changed them on the new Fusions.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

Same issue with the Fivehundred and New Taurus which is the same car. The rear brakes grab way too much and wear out really quickly. My dad's Fivehundred is an 05 with 100,000 KM on it and we've replaced the rear 2X our selves and Ford did it 2X along with new calipers and hubs. Calippers grabing way to much and seizing up.
Best to get some race rear brakes and see how that does. They need to be cooler in order for the bastards not to heat up and wear poorly.

Those are my thoughts.
These guys have a great product and great pirces check em out.

R1 Concepts EBay
FocusFreak,May 28 2009, 08:42 AM Wrote:I have a Focus and a Fusion in my driveway. The Fusion is a 2007 and I have not changed the brakes yet. The front still seem fine but the rear pads are down to the backing plate. I can't remember any of my cars that wore out the bake brakes before the front. There doesn't appear to be any sticking or binding. It almost seems that maybe the rear brake design used pads that are too small for the vehicle. I would be curious to find out if they changed them on the new Fusions.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?
[right][snapback]288296[/snapback][/right]

My two Fusion are too new to notice any difference in wear front to back ... my initial thought was a parking brake issue, but IIRC the Fusion has an audible warning for parking brake left on, so unless the driver is deaf it's unlikely that's the problem.

I guess depending on how many klicks were talking about there's two ways to look at it ...

1) oh wow my back brakes wore out early, or

2) oh wow, I can't believe how long my front brakes are lasting.
lol
I am not worried. I will just change them and keep a closer eye on them in the future.
Well, I'm just over a year and 21,000km on my Fusion and so far I can't detect anything weird.

When the car goes in for the 24K service, it includes a brake inspection so we'll see what they say.

If the rears are already wonky so soon, definately upgrading the brakes to something stronger than Ford OEM <_<

NefCanuck
I am not sure but I think our fusion has 48,000KM on it.

I am surprised that Ford never noticed anything when it was in for it's last oil change.

FocusFreak,May 28 2009, 10:13 AM Wrote:I am not sure but I think our fusion has 48,000KM on it.

I am surprised that Ford never noticed anything when it was in for it's last oil change.
[right][snapback]288324[/snapback][/right]

are you surprised that they missed that? haha (by mistake i suppose? :P)
over 110,000 clicks on my focis and I still have the origional rear brakes and theyre still good, and not to mention still have the original clutch, sorry had to throw that in there. Forgot to mention, its an 02, but was built in 01