FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm pretty sure Steeda has an intake for the Duratecs now as well.

Yup - http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_product_type.asp?id=881

Steeda's Duratec exhaust offerings - http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_product_type_834.asp

EDIT - I'm a moron. Already posted about MBRP.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 4 2005, 09:44 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure Steeda has an intake for the Duratecs now as well.

Yup - http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_product_type.asp?id=881
[right][snapback]127862[/snapback][/right]

Okay, how much does cold air intake do for your car? I've heard it doesn't do much, but those people didn't drive Foci's... like does it really make a huge difference for the price?
I don't have a Steeda intake, but I'll still wager it added a few horses to the wheels in conjunction with the big 3" diameter intake K+N cone filter on there.

Guess I'll find out Saturday :)
Sooo... it just adds a few more extra horse power?
It also doesn't hurt gas mileage too much... but isn't more power most of the reason those types of mods are done? :huh:

Not sure where you're coming from here.
a CAI will probably add about 3-5hp at the most. I found with the CAI that my throttle response was better. The stock intake system on the SPI was pretty restrictive so I can just imagine ford restricted the crap out of the intake on the duratech's as well.

Do the duratechs still have that lunchbox style resonator on the back of the exhaust?
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 4 2005, 04:01 PM Wrote:It also doesn't hurt gas mileage too much... but isn't more power most of the reason those types of mods are done? :huh:

[right][snapback]128118[/snapback][/right]

What I'm trying to figure out is if I put a cold air intake on my car... how much more power will I recieve? I hear that cold air intake doesn't really add much more than what I got... true or not?
SangriaRedZX5,Aug 4 2005, 04:28 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 4 2005, 04:01 PM Wrote:It also doesn't hurt gas mileage too much... but isn't more power most of the reason those types of mods are done? :huh:

[right][snapback]128118[/snapback][/right]

What I'm trying to figure out is if I put a cold air intake on my car... how much more power will I recieve? I hear that cold air intake doesn't really add much more than what I got... true or not?
[right][snapback]128142[/snapback][/right]

Well a true CAI (not a short ram like alot of people have) will add some noticeable power as the cone is outside of the engine bay and is pulling in cooler denser air. Like i said above...probably see about 3-5hp gain. Throttle response is the big kicker though.
the main reason people have Short ram intakes over CAI's is because CAI's have a much greater chance of sucking in water. etc.
scoobasteve,Aug 4 2005, 03:14 PM Wrote:the main reason people have Short ram intakes over CAI's is because  CAI's have a much greater chance of sucking in water. etc.
[right][snapback]128168[/snapback][/right]

yeah nothing like having yer car use the intake as a straw, drinking up a whole puddle that you've accidentally stopped in, while waiting at a red light..........

"SLLLLLLLLLLLURP"
Pages: 1 2