FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Beaters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

01-yellow-ZX3

Who here is part of the winter beater club?

Feel free to post pics.

Looking to pick myself up a reliable winter beater sometime in the near future. I'm thinking maybe a Jeep or Explorer on the high end, and some cheap crappy car on the low end.

I started driving in big 'ol 4X4's and would like something truck like for the winter, but just thinking of how practical it will be.

Anyways, post yours!
My winter beater is a supercahrged Focus ZX3, if you can't drive it why bother :) :blink: :D
yeah i'm looking to find myself a "piece of s**t car"...(adam sandler tune,,FUNNY)....although, because it gets down to -55 or more here in the winter reliable is a big thing...."will it start, will it start, will it start" but then again, i could really walk to work, i mean it's about a 15 minute walk...

do i walk for 15 minutes or let it warm up for an hour to drive 6 minutes..hmmmmm...

so that's my dilema...hahahahha

I'm in the same boat for a winter beater. Thinking about going for a S-10 4x4 w/ 4.3L V6.

I did have an S-10 with a 2.5L I4 RWD, but it was too light and spun out all the time on snow/slush/ice/dirt. It was really too light.
Mines the ZTS Focus!! B)
01-yellow-ZX3,Aug 1 2005 Wrote:Who here is part of the winter beater club?

Feel free to post pics.

Looking to pick myself up a reliable winter beater sometime in the near future.  I'm thinking maybe a Jeep or Explorer on the high end, and some cheap crappy car on the low end. 

I started driving in big 'ol 4X4's and would like something truck like for the winter, but just thinking of how practical it will be.

Anyways, post yours!
[right][snapback]126678[/snapback][/right]

I think you also have to consider the price of gas in your equation as well. Mark my words unless our winter this year is as mild as hell, you're looking at $1/L easy :ph34r: and a Jeep/Explorer sucks gas like a drunk sucks beer at Oktoberfest :rofl:

NefCanuck
2005 Ford Focus ZX5 ... :D
SangriaRedZX5,Aug 1 2005, 05:27 PM Wrote:2005 Ford Focus ZX5 ... :D
[right][snapback]126790[/snapback][/right]

Oh dear, I hope you treat the poor thing better than the treatment a "typical" winter beater gets (IE: A car wash once a month and the interior looks like a salt factory exploded in there :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
(Washes his car once a week for now but wonders if he'll still be able to come winter)
[Image: 1.jpg]
My beater consists of the stock 14" steelies. :P
My winter beater is the Focus as well. thats what I bought it for. TransAm in the summer, Focus in the winter...or when the transam is in the shop getting upgrades.
:D

[Image: DSCF1450.jpg]
The Justy is looking good brotha.
2001 ZTS,Aug 1 2005, 09:34 PM Wrote:The Justy is looking good brotha.
[right][snapback]126886[/snapback][/right]

Not bad for something that looked like this heh! :)

[Image: justy.jpg]
NefCanuck,Aug 1 2005, 06:25 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Aug 1 2005, 05:27 PM Wrote:2005 Ford Focus ZX5 ... :D
[right][snapback]126790[/snapback][/right]

Oh dear, I hope you treat the poor thing better than the treatment a "typical" winter beater gets (IE: A car wash once a month and the interior looks like a salt factory exploded in there :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
(Washes his car once a week for now but wonders if he'll still be able to come winter)
[right][snapback]126819[/snapback][/right]

Oh no, its just thats what I'll be driving...
haha the justy.. love it.. with the 4 feet long shifter.. and truck sound..and you can see from the pictures the racing lines that subaru thought of when they designed it..

i wish i had one though.. 4wd is all i'd need for winter.. and heat

now im buying a house so im not sure yet what im getting for a beater.. i was thinking a newer more expensive (hopefully more reliable) car but now i dont know.. i dont want a 500$ piece of crap that'll cost me a grand every month to fix something new.. in the wniter
BerinG,Aug 2 2005, 08:20 AM Wrote:haha the justy.. love it.. with the 4 feet long shifter.. and truck sound..and you can see from the pictures the racing lines that subaru thought of when they designed it..

i wish i had one though.. 4wd is all i'd need for winter.. and heat

now im buying a house so im not sure yet what im getting for a beater.. i was thinking a newer more expensive (hopefully more reliable) car but now i dont know.. i dont want a 500$ piece of crap that'll cost me a grand every month to fix something new.. in the wniter
[right][snapback]127004[/snapback][/right]

I've been pretty lucky. Other than Brakes, body work & paint job (all done by myself, so not paying an arm & leg for labour) the car has been pretty good.

Right before the focus came back on the road last year, the Justy fuel pump went out on me, I took my sweet ass time to replace it since I didnt really need it anymore. But I replaced the fuel pump (Serioulsly, a whole 15 Minutes!! :o ) adn she runs even better now than the day i bought her.

You cand ef find something reliable/safetied for $1000.00
I need a new beater... a drunk driver T-boned my cousin on saturday and wrote off my dads beater 94 sundance... rrr... good thing that bastard got arrested!
scoobasteve,Aug 2 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:I need a new beater... a drunk driver T-boned my cousin on saturday and wrote off my dads beater 94 sundance... rrr... good thing that bastard got arrested!
[right][snapback]127057[/snapback][/right]

Never mind the 'dance, how is your cousin? :blink:

NefCanuck
she's fine... i wouldnt be worried about the car if anyone was hurt.

that sundance took a beating though... i'll post pictures when i have a chance.

RIP Sundance.

:( there goes another of my 200k mile club k-cars. my collection is thinning out.
Pages: 1 2