FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What To Do.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a dilema, as most of you know I wrecked my car. The only things that I have left to keep, that car go on my new car (Copper 2005 ZX5) is my rims, and my stereo. The only thing now is do I keep both or sell one or sell both. Me myself, I want to keep both, well really, I want my old car back, but that can't happen. Anyways, my big problem is that if I keep the stereo, in the back of my head I need an alarm, but I don't want to get one, that and I have no hatch space at all, 2 12" subs. If I keep the rims, at the end of every season or winter I have to take them off and store them, and have to worry about the terrain, and pot holes I will incounter. And the kicker, the car is a LEASE. so in the end I will have to give the car back evertually. I don't know what to do. On a side note, who has a stereo in there focus zx5, I had the same set up in my sedan, does it really make a difference sound wise. I mean, louder bass being without the back seat wall confining the sould in the trunk as apposed to the hatch being out in the open. I really miss the kick ass stereo in my car, stock is nice but its time for the good stuff. What should I do???
I have a dilema, as most of you know I wrecked my car. The only things that I have left to keep, that car go on my new car (Copper 2005 ZX5) is my rims, and my stereo. The only thing now is do I keep both or sell one or sell both. Me myself, I want to keep both, well really, I want my old car back, but that can't happen. Anyways, my big problem is that if I keep the stereo, in the back of my head I need an alarm, but I don't want to get one, that and I have no hatch space at all, 2 12" subs. If I keep the rims, at the end of every season or winter I have to take them off and store them, and have to worry about the terrain, and pot holes I will incounter. And the kicker, the car is a LEASE. so in the end I will have to give the car back evertually. I don't know what to do. On a side note, who has a stereo in there focus zx5, I had the same set up in my sedan, does it really make a difference sound wise. I mean, louder bass being without the back seat wall confining the sould in the trunk as apposed to the hatch being out in the open. I really miss the kick ass stereo in my car, stock is nice but its time for the good stuff. What should I do???

[Image: d96347d9.jpg]
[Image: work017.jpg]
[Image: Picture040.jpg]
The SVT 17" rims won't be like the cheap 17" rims that bend when you hit a tiny pot hole, and as for the stereo, why not just build a single 12" box....you can have a little bit of boom then.....but not the whole deal.

In the hatch a single 12" would do quite a bit of thumping.
laidman,Aug 1 2005, 12:11 AM Wrote:... On a side note, who has a stereo in there focus zx5, I had the same set up in my sedan, does it really make a difference sound wise. ..
[right][snapback]126652[/snapback][/right]

I have the same car as you...even matching color!!

I also, like you had a sedan before, that got cracked up////

The stereo sounds better in the hatchback, in my opinion but, i did sound deaden and do a few other things to tighten up the rear end..

once you kill the rattle/buzz..the hatch is far superior to the sedan's trunk...

I have a single 12 and it is sufficient for my tastes..and my box is huge! I'd say keep your stereo gear cause you wont get what you want trying to sell it and you'll just want tunes in a few days, weeks,,,etc,,,

maybe opt for a new box and go single 12...or upgrade to a different shaped box to accomodate the hatch,,,,no matter what, the hatch is smaller and its especially noticeable for us ex-sedan guys...
I've got a single 12 in my hatch, David... sounds awesome. Wouldn't need anymore thump imo... what other kinda stereo equipment do you have to go in?

Just keep both man.
you'll probably lose a fair bit of money if you sell your rims and stereo stuff.. why not just keep em and enjoy em? when you gotta yank off the stereo at lease end.. so be it.. at least you got a couple of years of enjoyment out of them
Stereos are so easy to swap from car to car, unless you go custom fibreglass, why worry about the lease, as for wheels if you like them throw them on the new car, if your unsure sell them and get something you like.
Keep the rims!!!

Just have them redone in black!

Black Rims + Copper = PIMP!!!!

So if it looks Pimp on the out side you'll need some pimp beats to go with it!!! ;)
1 12" sub.

done.
Raine,Aug 1 2005, 12:40 AM Wrote:I've got a single 12 in my hatch, David... sounds awesome. Wouldn't need anymore thump imo... what other kinda stereo equipment do you have to go in?

Just keep both man.
[right][snapback]126660[/snapback][/right]

Well, would 2 12" be too much??? The rest going in would be Clarion everything, Head Unit, Amped 140w 5x7's in the doors, and the 1000w amp to drive the 600w 12" subs. Seems like quite a bit of power running in a little car. My only reasons for thinking about selling both or one, is that I can get more money to put away. These were the only two items that I have been trying to hold onto, until the very end.
Heh 2X12s are never TOO much. They may be alot or hell even rude like my sterio. But never to much....
Im a bass junkie keeping in mind. B)
laidman,Aug 1 2005, 07:20 AM Wrote:Well, would 2 12" be too much???  The rest going in would be Clarion everything,  Head Unit, Amped 140w 5x7's in the doors, and the 1000w amp to drive the 600w 12" subs.  Seems like quite a bit of power running in a little car.  My only reasons for thinking about selling both or one, is that I can get more money to put away.  These were the only two items that I have been trying to hold onto, until the very end.
[right][snapback]126697[/snapback][/right]

Scoobasteve had (has?) 3 12's in the back of his hatch... that was just madness.. Personally I like my bass loud, and on one 12 I get enough thump to keep me happy, however I'm sure with two, it would be cleaner cause each sub would have to work less to achieve the same effect. Just remember, hatch = different amount of space... that box looks like it fit nice in your sedan, but in the hatch I dunno if it will leave any room for anything else
1X 12" is totally enough to make some one happy. But 2 is intense. And 3.... Well needless to say Im doing it next year and getting fiberglass properly for the trunk.
i have 3 12's in the back of my zx3, and i love it .. but 1 12" should be more than enough .. specially being a clarion
my next issue with the at least the stereo is the cute little radio controls that are mounted on the left side of the steering wheel. I've heard that you can wire something up to make them still functional, is this true????? I hope so. My concern is if I get a radio install and loose the function of the controls on the steering wheel, when I give the car back at the end of the lease, and put the stock radio back, does it work, or have a fuked it up to make it unuseable, if anyone can understand my babble, I just don't want to screw up my lease just because I want a stereo that shakes the s**t off the walls in my house.
laidman,Aug 1 2005, 10:22 PM Wrote:my next issue with the at least the stereo is the cute little radio controls that are mounted on the left side of the steering wheel.  I've heard that you can wire something up to make them still functional, is this true?????  I hope so.  My concern is if I get a radio install and loose the function of the controls on the steering wheel, when I give the car back at the end of the lease, and put the stock radio back, does it work, or have a fuked it up to make it unuseable, if anyone can understand my babble, I just don't want to screw up my lease just because I want a stereo that shakes the s**t off the walls in my house.
[right][snapback]126926[/snapback][/right]

hey dood..

you got 2 options...if you want to use the steering wheel controls and install an aftermarket deck, you can get a unit by PAC called the SWI-X. Its a universal steering wheel infra-red control that you install, mount a sensor and it allows fuction of stock controls to operate your aftermarket deck!

2nd option...if you are like me and really dont give a s**t...just install your aftermarket deck, which renders the controls useless and be happy till you uninstall the aftermarket unit. when you go to put the stock unit back in, the harness will re-plug the factory controls up and your good to give it back in total stock condition...no compromse!!

I can get you a PAC SWI-X unit for $60.00 but then you gotta get it installed...I can't install it as I'm not familiar with mounting and setting the sensor properly and dont wanna fuk anything up...but, look too spend around 120-150 for a shop to install it...thats the going rate from several shops I've checked with!

As a side note: this unit does not work with any type of Sony aftermarket deck that I know of...and has issues with some JVC units as well!! just so you know!
hey paul... can you get the new PAC Alpine unit?
What to do with the rims now, keep them or sell them. If I keep them eventually I will have to put new rubber on them. I think I will put the stereo in. Just have to see what it will cost for the install....
I call first dibbs on the wheels..!!!
Im still loven the tail lights. :D
Pages: 1 2