FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Talon Tsi = Fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So some of you may know im in the look about for a new project car. Im keeping the focus but I wanna make a pure street slut and make it all speed. I know Jarrod is doing the same thing but I wont ruin the surprise.

Any way I took a 92 Talon TSI AWD Turbo out tonight. I can officaly say I have driven a boosted car. The boost was upped from its stock 6psi to 10psi and wow. Makes me want to put the boost on the focus even sooner now and see how that feels at 10lbs of boost.

I have this facination with the 4G63 motor and just all the s**t kicking it can take. I love it.
STFU and just buy a WRX or STi. Stop pretending and get a real car. Gawd I'm so tired of this posting for the sake of posting crap. Magazines aside, either way it will be better than anything "built up" and cost less.

If the idea is to be "unique" there is ways of doing that and still maintaing a class/respect factor. The average HO may not tell by looking at it because the doors aren't "lambo" but it is still there and the right ones will know and respect it.
A buddy of mine is selling his RSX and buying a STi. Haven't seen pics, but then again I'm not sure he has actually found "the one".

I was actually considering buying his RSX for a while. It's a decent car, has a few mods, and isn't the Type S so it's probably cheaper on insurance.
2001 ZTS,Jul 31 2005, 07:36 PM Wrote:STFU and just buy a WRX or STi. Stop pretending and get a real car. Gawd I'm so tired of this posting for the sake of posting crap. Magazines aside, either way it will be better than anything "built up" and cost less.

If the idea is to be "unique" there is ways of doing that and still maintaing a class/respect factor. The average HO may not tell by looking at it because the doors aren't "lambo" but it is still there and the right ones will know and respect it.
[right][snapback]126640[/snapback][/right]

what the hell you talking about??

This would just be a car for speed and fun and winter for a while. Nothing unique or anything.. also nothing to replace the focus. Where the hell can you buy a WRX or STI for $2000-$5000?????

I dont get your post at all. Magazine aside?? WTF? If you refereing to the built up Talon they show in Sport Compact magazine you better get your s**t straight before making a stupid post like that. I been looking at Plymoth Laser RS for a bit now. Talon is the exact same thing but newer.

PS: the 4G63 engine will take more of a s**t kicken and more boost stock then any WRX or STI
Whatever :lol:

ok, old man
think you and jarrod have been reading SCC.
Jarrod had his omni since last year and been planning on it since he got it. I been brainwashed by the laser and dsm guys with the Talon/Laser. Ever since I been reading up on turbo parts for the focus. Has nothing to do with any magazine. Thats just a coinsidence witch made it so cool when I saw it.

Hell the one guy here has his omni pushing out 22lbs of boost. Ya me and jarrod been hanging out with the daytona guys to lately lol. There feeding our minds.
stReeT StYleZ and aLL SpeeD ? goTz 2 geT a HonDa y0

[Image: CBR600RR.jpg]
Im thinking about picking up a bike to next summer.
focus project car, DSM project car, bike. i guess living at home has its advantages!!

why not just skip the dsm and get the bike and finish boosting your focus.. you probably won't have time to enjoy and work on 2 cars plus a bike anyway, and your cash flow will thank you
Still debating. It is an idea though.

I might just go with the origional plan. Turbo focus buy a beater.
An awd tsi has been on my wishlist of project cars, but I think the muscle car will come first after the supercharged focus. Maybe a late 60's camaro or mustang.
be prepared for a shitload of maintenance ;)

fukking fun cars though.
If it has the stock turbo at 10psi, I can say that the car wasn't fast..lol

Those cars, built up, are crazy fast, but that means spending as much into that car as in your Focus.

Especially since you have to spend some cash to get it up to part. No sense boosting the crap out of it when the whole suspension is old and needs to be swapped etc.

I say boost the Focus.
Jays2000ZX3,Aug 1 2005, 10:06 PM Wrote:If it has the stock turbo at 10psi, I can say that the car wasn't fast..lol

Those cars, built up, are crazy fast, but that means spending as much into that car as in your Focus.

Especially since you have to spend some cash to get it up to part. No sense boosting the crap out of it when the whole suspension is old and needs to be swapped etc.

I say boost the Focus.
[right][snapback]126977[/snapback][/right]

lol you gotta keep in mind this was the first boosted car I have ever driven yet alone sat in LOL. Well they was my focus when I had the blower on but I never really got to actually drive it :(

You are right thow. These things are high matenance.
just boost the focus. esp if you dont have ontario insurance to worry about.
naz,Aug 1 2005, 06:59 AM Wrote:stReeT StYleZ and aLL SpeeD ?  goTz 2 geT a HonDa y0

[Image: CBR600RR.jpg]
[right][snapback]126672[/snapback][/right]

needs moar wheels
just turbocharge a bike.
I bought an 84 supra to build up and have fun with, even looking at getting the 7ag engine from the 87+ with turbo for fun. :D. I have body work and such on that car first but haven't even started just bought the focus so low funds now.
Pages: 1 2