FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anybody Go To Caribana?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody go to the Caribana parade yesterday? I've been selling some of my caribana dvds on ebay for a few months now with limited success. I just made this year's dvd from my camcorder footage. I'm hoping I might do better by offering the latest parade.

[Image: 2005small.JPG]

I haven't been to Carribana since they moved the parade from University Avenue, however many years ago that was? Plus I couldn't find my Kevlar bulletproof vest.

I was on Toronto Island today but left on the 10:45AM Wards Island ferry after partying big time all night. I make a point of staying as far as hell away from downtown during Carribanna.

I used to work driving tour/charter boats in Toronto Harbour years ago. During Carribana weekend it is far from a "celebration" of culture unless culture is defined by violence and you can get away with murder by playing the "racism" card.

Carribanna may be, and used to be, a noble idea but its nothing but too many bad people in the same place at the same time the last 10+ years, I don't care what the dollar value to the city is, it is not worth it.

What's the death count for the weekend so far as of tonight anyway?*

*The Police can't say it is Carribanna "related", and go to disturbing legnths to deny the fact, but nobody here (I hope?) is that stupid. It ain't a fluke that more than one tenth of all murders in the City this year happens the same week.
*Resists urge to make obligatory Caribana as fruit joke*

I saw the cash the towing industry used to rake in years ago from Caribana, and probably still does. It's sick.

And yes, the violence is also disgusting, year after year. I don't miss it.
Too many black people, I passed
I was headed to the Blue Jays game on Saturday and i can now say i offically hate caribanna, got on Lake Shore bld. at 2:30pm, and was F*CKING LATE FOR THE GAME AT 4:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH mother fkr, f you Toronto, caribanna ahhh geez took 1 hour 30minutes to go a km, err WHY WASN"T THERE a SiGN. Im lucky i had no weapon, i now know why people go on murderous rampages :) :lol: :angry:
What do white people do during Caribana?

Go to Jane and Finch to steal their stuff back.
Sorry, but no.
Raine,Aug 1 2005, 12:46 AM Wrote:Too many black people, I passed
[right][snapback]126661[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

I haven't ventured west of Yonge St. since friday evening...I hate this time of year...so much bulls**t "bling" on the road, it's nauseating.

If I see one more fukking Escalade this weekend, i'm going to barf.

Im a fan of jerk chicken....thats about it.
FociPhil,Aug 1 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:What do white people do during Caribana?

Go to Jane and Finch to steal their stuff back.
[right][snapback]126773[/snapback][/right]

hahah burn

For those who dont know....
Jane - Finch
Going to Caribana?

No, sorry, flak vest is at the cleaners.... :blink: